What's new

Tech Zatanna's "Earth Shake"

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
WARNING! POSSIBLE GIMMICKS AHEAD!
-Tutorial:
  • After any Zatanna Bnb end with f21 canceled into Puppet master (midcreen only). You may end in whatever combo in the corner so long as it lands a puppet master. The purpose of ending in f21 is so you are close to your opponent midscreen.
From here dash up with a standing 3 then cancel it into either another puppet master or Multikicks. UPDATE: You can dash up with a d1 for a safer option or use 1,1,2 and hit confirm.

• CORNER ONLY: You may replace standing 3 with ANY NORMAL, but d1, or 1,1, cancelled brings the best results.
Multi-kicks variant (Can't jump):

Puppet master variant (jumpable):

In corner:

-How it works:
When your opponent is it by a puppet master, their controls are scrambled for approximately 2 seconds, thus they must block in the opposite direction of how they block normally. After canceling standing 3 with anything while your opponent's controls are reversed, the effects wear off causing a "fuzzy guard" situation, hence the "Earth Shake" in the title. For example, if your opponent knows the puppet master's effects and holds up to block low they will have to shift from holding up to down after blocking the standing 3.

Note: If your opponent knows it is coming they may hold down to jump out of it. This can easily be countered by jumping in on them with any air normal, leading to another "Earth Shake" fuzzy guard. Down to forward to back. In the corner you can do the same thing with a neutral jump or just d2. However, some characters like Batman or Deathstroke have fast jump frames and can avoid both of these options. A way to counter this is to reaction to the jump with a standing 3 and cancel it into MB puppet master to put them back in the corner.

Countering midscreen jump outs (Midscreen):

Countering jump outs (Corner):

Note: If your opponent knows how to back dash with reversed controls the "earth shake" can easily be avoided. Recommend corner use only.

@deg222
@Mr. Mileena
@EMPEROR_SunFire
@Pan1cMode
@kevkopdx
@KillaGthug4Life
@Sonic Lionheart
@Any other sexy magicians out there.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

Uploading the multikick variant. In the video notice how I am still holding up to block low and get still get hit by the kicks.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Doomsday comments are a Zatanna thread!? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!!!?? Oh god I just realized that's a horrible pun..
You expect us Doomsday players not to come in here commenting on things when you have "Earth Shake" in your title? HAH.

AT LEAST OURS ONLY REQUIRES ONE INPUT. >=D

But to be on topic, nice find, dude. I think that's Joker, Zod and now Zatanna that have Earth Shake setups? There may be more, but I don't recall who they are if any others exist.

DarksydeDash

You expect us Doomsday players not to come in here commenting on things when you have "Earth Shake" in your title? HAH.

AT LEAST OURS ONLY REQUIRES ONE INPUT. >=D

But to be on topic, nice find, dude. I think that's Joker, Zod and now Zatanna that have Earth Shake setups? There may be more, but I don't recall who they are if any others exist.
I Hope you do realize you are pointing out the skill gap here. <3

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I always hated that trance. Having your buttons directional inputs reversed is bullshit enough but randomizing the buttons just makes it so you kan't even practice going against her...

What are her worse match ups btw?

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I know Lex has too, he has to use a background bounce to set it up.