What's new

Zatanna - Special Moves Breakdown by EMP|REO

LBSH Martian Manhunter and Zatanna > the entire cast

And I don't mean because they are cooler and have sick moves. I mean NRS is gonna have to do a lot of buffing to allow most of the roster to compete with these 2 DLC characters. Because nerfing MM or Zatanna isn't really going to matter that much. They have too many great options compared to everyone else.

I also find it odd and a little sad to see so much work put into these characters, but so little work put into many others. I feel like every character should have been designed like this but now it's too late.

I think the goal was to purposely create godlike DLC characters so that they are able to compete and crush Superman and Black Adam lol. It's going to work I can assure you of that, but I can also assure you that this game is harder to balance than ever right now. The gap between the good characters and the bad characters suddenly got much bigger.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
What is it with these characters having better teleports than Ares? smh

In the NRS stream when talking about Zatanna's teleport, the way Paulo worded a answer, it sounds like they might be buffing either Ares or Ravens teleports to be more like Zatannas in the future.

Id have to watch it again though to confirm.

Zatanna definitely looks like she will be quite monstrous, but also seems like with all of her concepts that she will take a serious time commitment for the people that will main her.

I really cant wait to see what people start putting together with this character. Just watching this breakdown was cool. That teleport and confuse move will be nuts.

D

Deleted member 9158

I feel instantly comfortable with this character due to her quan-chi trance.

Aww yeah, Zatanna.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
She's completely fine other than that button confuse move, that shits fucking retarded but I guess that's made to match an equally retarded character....

SaJa

FH_FenriR
LBSH Martian Manhunter and Zatanna > the entire cast

And I don't mean because they are cooler and have sick moves. I mean NRS is gonna have to do a lot of buffing to allow most of the roster to compete with these 2 DLC characters. Because nerfing MMH or Zatanna isn't really going to matter that much. They have too many great options compared to everyone else.

I also find it odd and a little sad to see so much work put into these characters, but so little work put into many others. I feel like every character should have been designed like this but now it's too late.

I think the goal was to purposely create godlike DLC characters so that they are able to compete and crush Superman and Black Adam lol. It's going to work I can assure you of that, but I can also assure you that this game is harder to balance than ever right now. The gap between the good characters and the bad characters suddenly got much bigger.

If they nerf db3d at -12 MMH will be just fine. It's not that a big deal imo. It's not worse than mk9.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Martian Man who?LOL Thanks NRS, I didn't know which of the two to pick before, and the cheapness factor seems to be tipped in her favor. I can't wait to abuse this obviously broken character until they patch her and then I move to the next like the general TYM populace. I don't like it when my opponent wins because he's more skilled than me, so DLC like this is the way to go.

Alright alright, enough kidding. In all seriousness she looks like a great, unique character. I'd like to address those that say the DLC characters tend to be more fully fleshed than the main cast, however, consider this: The game was made and the main aspects that were no longer experimental were finalized. Characters would differ, sure, but the way the game works and how the mechanics handle would make for efficiency and proficiency in creating more characters as time went on. In fact I believe Paulo said Zatanna was actually easy to create. When you consider the amount of man hours and money it took for a 2-d representation of a character took to make as DLC in Skullgirls, and how difficult the process is under the hood, a developer telling you that a character was easy to create is indicative of their grasp of their own engine, and how far they've come from the beta and pre launch phases of the main game.

So obviously this means they're getting better at making characters. This doesn't mean it's not wearing their creativity caps thin, however, as is evident with just about all the DLC characters having a teleport and a super that is essentially 'bring opponent up-slam them down'.

Parry, teleport, projectile, unblockable. It is easy to divy out these qualities to a bunch of new characters and call it a day during the development process, but NRS's attention to detail and dedication (to those that spend some time not complaining every now and then) show that his isn't the case. However because DC characters are essentially super heroes and villains, they're almost all going to have abilities that cross into each other, like flight and super strength, hence just about all the members of the Justice League being power characters. And because some of the characters like Zatanna and Man Hunter (that I know of at least) have not been in other fighting games, they are tasked with at least making them true to their animated/comic counter parts. In which case people would complain if Manhunter and Zatanna DIDN'T have a teleport. These are just examples of why on the surface it would seem like the DLCs are OBVIOUSLY MORE WELL THOUGHT OUT OMG, THEY DID THIS ON PURPOSE. So in effect some of this is inevitable, and some is due to NRS not necessarily running out of ideas, but putting their stamp on things while showing their obvious marks.

However specials that eff up your input randomly?

He meant the characters not 90% of the players who just uses Supes and BA.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
no she was supposed to have less damage like scorpion or deathstroke level (what else could paolo have meant?) but her strings are like 8-14% like everyone elses and scaling is also normal.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Zatanna = Quan Chi + Noob Saibot + Fujin + Raiden + Sindel + Kung Lao + Shang Tsung + Sektor lol.

I was playing around with her in the lab and I don't really care for her. Her moveset just isn't my cup of tea and she just feels awkward. I'm gonna stick with my boy J'onn J'onzz.

DarkPage

Noob
She looks nuts so far, can only imagine the setups people will figure out off knockdowns, but whatever just give me static and make him decent im ready

Seriously....I haven't played as or against her yet but I can just tell. She doesn't fit in the game, she has too many options/the setup potential is just ways higher than the original characters just like mmh and zod except she looks really fast and annoying. And oh look ANOTHERA dlc character with a stupid fucking teleport. Stop polluting the game with this mess. The other characters are so simple these guys are just ridiculous in comparison and look like they belong in injustice 2

She's supposed to have lower damage to balance her amazing set of tools, except she doesn't. She's going to require a damage nerf to Scorpion/DS levels. Just crazy.

She's supposed to have lower damage to balance her amazing set of tools, except she doesn't. She's going to require a damage nerf to Scorpion/DS levels. Just crazy.
Her damage isn't her weakness like they stated (dunno what their definition of 'low damage' is), but it is very evident she does have weaknesses.

I've yet to lose to a Zatanna online. Im just average at this game, so i tend to play other average players- but that shows Zatanna is not the kind of character any player can pick up and be good with quickly. We'll have to wait to see how good a character she really is.