What's new

Match-up Discussion Zatanna Match-up Guide

What do you think is Zatanna's worst matchup?

• Total voters

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Honestly you can deleted the whole nw section and just put "throw rings" since that's all you have to do in that mu lol
I've been playing op twists NW a lot, and I think this is definitely a 4-6 matchup for Zatanna. All she can do is sit back and chuck rings really... Nw and just staff pound all he wants to his hearts content with no worries, teleport d1 can't punish, Puppet Master can only interrupt if it's on a naked ground pound. And it's so frekan plus on block that timing mb rings inbetween is a pain. Up close NW just crushes Zatanna.

KillaGthug4Life

It's what keeps it to be horrible. Although if she levitates and teleports behind he can mb b3/f3 for full easy combo -_-. Although the hitbox for when she's levitating and ground pound is weird, if she's low enough to the ground she'll still be hit...

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I've been playing op twists NW a lot, and I think this is definitely a 4-6 matchup for Zatanna. All she can do is sit back and chuck rings really... Nw and just staff pound all he wants to his hearts content with no worries, teleport d1 can't punish, Puppet Master can only interrupt if it's on a naked ground pound. And it's so frekan plus on block that timing mb rings inbetween is a pain. Up close NW just crushes Zatanna.
I get the feeling this MU will play very differently offline though. Online I agree his staff pound is a pain, sometimes even the non MB version seems plus lol. Levitate should be better than it feels to be in this MU IMO. Possibly even but it feels in his favour, online at least.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I get the feeling this MU will play very differently offline though. Online I agree his staff pound is a pain, sometimes even the non MB version seems plus lol. Levitate should be better than it feels to be in this MU IMO. Possibly even but it feels in his favour, online at least.
regular pound is + on block lol

KillaGthug4Life

I mean, she can levitate and avoid it, but there isn't really anything Zatanna can do to counter... if NW knows the matchup or any of Zatanna's trick (aka just to not jump and spam ground pounds) then he'll win.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Zat definitely wins the NW mu. If they're in staff stance full screen doing ground pound one mb ring is all you need and he's pretty fucked.

KillaGthug4Life

Zat definitely wins the NW mu. If they're in staff stance full screen doing ground pound one mb ring is all you need and he's pretty fucked.
If you're on xbox please play OP twist. And I'm very confident he's gonna show you it's 4-6. Good luck timing that mb ring, it's a pain in the ass, and if you miss time just by a few frames then you lose a bar of meter and he hits you with ground pound -_-. And besides, even if Zatanna hits him with a mb ring, then what? You can't trait, you can't keep mb ringing cause meter is scarce lol. I hate this matchup so much.

Also on a side note... Harley... how the fuck? Calling that another 4-6 cause she can just shoot shit all day and still d1 punish Zatanna's telleport and block a mb ring -_-

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
If you're on xbox please play OP twist. And I'm very confident he's gonna show you it's 4-6. Good luck timing that mb ring, it's a pain in the ass, and if you miss time just by a few frames then you lose a bar of meter and he hits you with ground pound -_-. And besides, even if Zatanna hits him with a mb ring, then what? You can't trait, you can't keep mb ringing cause meter is scarce lol. I hate this matchup so much.

Also on a side note... Harley... how the fuck? Calling that another 4-6 cause she can just shoot shit all day and still d1 punish Zatanna's telleport and block a mb ring -_-
MB Ring and on hit confirm, do trait and cancel into her electric cage. It absorbs hits so if he wakes up ground pound, you're free to retaliate with her wand projectiles (and build crazy meter back in the process).

Edit: with mb ring you don't even need to hit confirm. He must respect it or else he is getting hit.

KillaGthug4Life

MB Ring and on hit confirm, do trait and cancel into her electric cage. It absorbs hits so if he wakes up ground pound, you're free to retaliate with her wand projectiles (and build crazy meter back in the process).

Edit: with mb ring you don't even need to hit confirm. He must respect it or else he is getting hit.
Well the ground pound is plus enough and lightning cage has a large enough recovery that NW can just ground pound again b4 Zatanna can throw a spark, or they might trade depending on the timing of things. Unless I'm gravely mistaken lol. I just ran a set with Forever Elite's NW and we went pretty even. I guess we could call it 5-5 but still a pain and Z has to work hard. Op Twist is just god like lol

dagga

Noob
Just a quick update: I got some sets in with a couple GL, fullscreen ringtoss spam is le dumb vs Lantern. Easy peasy.