What's new

"You're Fired!" -- Joker General Discussion Thread

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Really though no amount of setups will save joker. What we really need to focus on is MU specific strategies for the neutral game because until we can win there the setups don't mean shit
Agreed. Now that I got a capture card I'm going to start recording matches more and keep uploading matchup strategy now that I have more time to play. Hopefully be dissecting where I suck and learning from where I succeed, we can push the character along. Setups help, but they are quite matchup specific as well IMO.

StevoSuprem0

I feel like both Joker's neutral game and the metagame in general have changed enough to warrant revisiting alot of things.

Reactions: RYX

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Other than a couple of places you'd now be using crowbar and some things you react differently to the matchups have very much stayed the same, and I play with high lvl competition very often.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Consistent +5's on Acid Flower also helps reset advantage vs. rushdown
I hate saying this but it doesn't. Joker's only options to check people after that +5 is another flower or a D2

Both whiff on walk back and can be whiff punished on used to dash in freely.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I hate saying this but it doesn't. Joker's only options to check people after that +5 is another flower or a D2

Both whiff on walk back and can be whiff punished on used to dash in freely.

Yeap, Joker doesn't have many long range normals to take full advantage of a blocked Flower. In addition to those I sometimes throw out f3mb and d3 as well, the latter being punishable by a select few that are looking for it. Still, I cant deny not using a 9 frame sweep from time to time.

Does anyone find it odd that you get less advantage on hit than on block with flower? It's weird for a move to do that when it's main purpose is to keep you safe lol.

StevoSuprem0

Yeah, to be honest I haven't really broken down each character on my own much yet, just have a more cursory understanding of each. So I figured while I do it for myself, I'll just share as I go to get more eyes on it if I have problems or get more knowledge out there in the new patch environment since some other characters have gotten better or worse.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
personally ive been trying to grind matchups as often as i can, so far i have an almost complete understanding of the following matchups

Raven
DD
GL
Sinestro
Joker
Flash
Superman
BA
GA
Grundy
Harley
Batgirl
Zod
Lobo
Deathstroke
Aquaman
Nightwing
Ares
Bane
Hawkgirl

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I was thinking of a thread that can provide counters to frequently used moves. The goal of the thread wouldn't be focused on strategies but more about options.

Does anyone know to setup those "spoiler" tabs? I'd like to learn to make the OP easier to organize.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I was thinking of a thread that can provide counters to frequently used moves. The goal of the thread wouldn't be focused on strategies but more about options.

Does anyone know to setup those "spoiler" tabs? I'd like to learn to make the OP easier to organize.
do this

[ spoiler] [ /spoiler]

but dont leave a space between [ and / and [ and s

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
personally ive been trying to grind matchups as often as i can, so far i have an almost complete understanding of the following matchups

Raven
DD
GL
Sinestro
Joker
Flash
Superman
BA
GA
Grundy
Harley
Batgirl
Zod
Lobo
Deathstroke
Aquaman
Nightwing
Ares
Bane
Hawkgirl
Would you like some Frost experience?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
completely forgot if this has been mentioned but crowbar grants safejumps vs a shitload of the cast

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Qwark28
StevoSuprem0
OnlineRon91
Fromundaman
Gilbagz

So what's the deal with all the stickies and guides?

I can't imagine that any of them are up to date, as a community do you guys want to do anything about this? Make new ones, update the old ones, sticky new stuff?

I think cat is still banned, and I have no idea if he even still gives a shit about this game.

IDK, what are your guys's thoughts on this?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28
StevoSuprem0
OnlineRon91
Fromundaman
Gilbagz

I can't imagine that any of them are up to date, as a community do you guys want to do anything about this? Make new ones, update the old ones, sticky new stuff?

I think cat is still banned, and I have no idea if he even still gives a shit about this game.

I got midterms and essays right now, can't update them but I propose someone just writes ALL the setups and ways to escape, 50/50s etc and re-do them all.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Qwark28
StevoSuprem0
OnlineRon91
Fromundaman
Gilbagz

Yeah the joker forum in general is kinda all over the place. We have pieces of info lying amongst all threads. And qwark has a whole bunch of tech threads.
I've been working on a compilation doco with all variations of combos, match up strats and all currently known tech. Been busy with university though. I'll make the compilation thread once i have time to complete it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
just found some shit

32 on hit into teeth - completely safe
323 on hit into teeth - -6
21 on hit into teeth - completely safe

and thats with lightning uppercut reversal, now imagine characters who dont have a flying uppercut, wont yolo one on reaction and have anything close to it