What's new

Your top 7 most memorable MK characters

IROC

WP IROC
^ hell yeah, this guy gets it!!! Just like me except i hate shang tsung and never had a strong feel from him. Oddly enough, i did not describe him my favs, but kano was the first guy i always picked on mk sega as a toddler. Then scorp got me from the movie and stuck like glue to today almost 20yrs later. I hate fighting spam ass kano in mk9 sooo bad. And even more strange, i look like him :/

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
1.Sub Zero: Love eveything about him, I instantly clicked with this character and mained him up until MK9 where i started to main;
2.Smoke: Love him in MK3 and MK9
3:CAGE: Hilarious guy and will kill myself if hes not in mk x
4:Nightwolf: Dont know what it is about this guy, think its because I loved him in MK3
5:Bo rai cho: The only 3D character i liked at all lol

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
But seriously though...
  1. Smokey Smoke (Only as a robot)
  2. Barakabama (My fave MKII character)
  3. The grey haired guy from Metal Gear Solid 2 (Because of Christopher Lambert)
  4. HAVIK (Dat arm eat tho)
  5. Sextoy (The MF'ing TRASH COMPACTOR)
  6. Captain Skarlet (MK9 main)
  7. Shang Sung Swag (I was the kid with the cheat sheet that knew how to do his MKII soul drain fataity)

gamesun

Noob
Bi Han/SubZero- As SubZero he has an incredible story and without him Scorpion's plot really becomes kinda boring(at least at the beginning). Then as Noob he becomes the embodiment of evil and from there they have so many plot lines they could do with him. Either way if MKX brings back Bi Han back as Zero or Noob I will be pleased. Also his brother as Subzero distinguishes himself by being "good" honorable worrier and against the silent assassin that was his elder brother.

Scorpion- Subs rival and in any ways rivals his story line. The only kool anti-hero MK produced, only wanting the resurrect his clan and avenge them, Scorpions character is unique simply because he doesn't choose sides because it's good or bad, but because of his family and clan. If there's one thing I always liked about martial art films it's that most of the characters will fight till the death for their blood and clan, scorpion fits that role.

Mileena- she's the Frankenstein of MK and she's just plain evil. Now of only they would cloth her up lol.

Quan Chi- the actual design was/is great and his story is heavily connected with most of the cast, which makes it all the more interesting.

Still contemplating on the rest...Ermac,Raiden, NightWolf, etc. too many good characters.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
1. Scorpion: Most recognizable character in the MK universe, great backstory, greater moveset/fatalities, even greater impact in the franchise probably than any other character. PS: GET OVER HERE (the 1st special move that "changed" fighting games' history)

2. Sub-Zero: Same as Scorpion, second to him just because his "brother that took his name up" story plus the fact that in the original storyline HE WAS the offender puts him in the No.2 spot. PS: Iceblast --> 2nd special move that "changed" fighting games' history and the 1st finishing move that "offended" audiences!

3. Liu Kang: He beat Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn twice, Shinnok and who knows whom else before Midway decided that it takes two sorcerers (that previously had their ass kicked by Kang) to take him out that probably wouldn't be there if Kang didn't follow the "no kill" code. Oh, and he is a mortal! The fact that he is NOT a "cool ninja" (for little kids to be a fan of), he has NO cool catchphrases and the fact that he used to be just Bruce Lee's tribute character and even so made it THIS far, gives him the No.3 spot (if not higher). PS: If John Tobias was still in NRStudios' team, Kang would probably be No.2 or higher.

4. Shang Tsung: The sorcerer who cannot be trusted by anyone, not even the great and powerful emperor, the guy that took down the great Kung Lao and created the Outworld dynasty for 9 generations. The character that changes his appearance to whomever he wants, deceives and manipulates everyone, has created feuds with everyone (Kenshi, Kang, Shao Kahn, Quan Chi, Li Mei etc) and manages to survive... Now THAT'S a villain ! PS: Earthrealm inhabitant who betrays his realm gives him bonus cool points plus don't forget that Tagawa made him even cooler!

5: Shao Kahn: The ONE BIG BAD. Because he is both bad AND big! I don't know a lot about fighting games but to my eyes he cannot be compared to other bosses. HE OWNS. What's not cool about him? The deep voice & the fact he is the best fighting game announcer? The appearance? The fact he is unstoppable (except Kang of course!)? Just pure badass.

6: Raiden: Cool design! Lightning going through his whole body, the big straw hat, a tribute to the thunder demon from "Big Trouble In Little China" (anyone who said that any other character in this movie was cooler is a liar), teleports, cool gibberish crap while doing Superman moves, the god of thunder and protector of Earthrealm. Oh yes, I approve!

7: Kung Lao: Reincarnation of the original champion of MK, razor hat that slices up people in every way imaginable, one of the best set of fatalities and special moves we'll ever see (spin move from MK9 will probably give people nightmares till their 40's), runner up earthrealm badass next to "wua-tah".

Other important MK characters: Quan Chi, Kitana, Goro & Sektor .

Colares

Noob
1. Human Sub First love in first MK I played. I couldn't have any MK games at home but my cousin had MK and KI Human Sub and Orchid <3
2. Mileena First fatality I learned on MK2
3. Rain Fav character on Mugen to crew around
4. Sindel Hair Grab
5. Sheeva and OP "unblockable" stomp
6. Robot Smoke I learned combos with him by myself and it was fun.
7. Shang Tsung I learned to love his character little by in little in every game