What's new

Your top 5 favourite game of 2012

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Simple question.After seeing a lot of YT videos on people's lists why not mine and yours too?

5.Halo 4
4.Spelunky
3.Soul Calibur V
2.The Walking Dead Video Game
1.Assassin's Creed 3

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Ive only gotten three games that came out this year, and one I didnt even want. So here they are lol.
1.Halo 4
2.Assassins Creed 3
3. Call of Duty BO2

no order relevance

1) persona 4 arena
2) persona 4 golden
3) zero escape: good people die (my game of the last 3-4 years)
4) journey
5) binary domain

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
In NPO:

Assassin's Creed 3
Max Payne 3
Guild Wars 2
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Soul Calibur V

Enenra

Go to hell.
I can't even think of them, but Halo 4 was my GOTY by far.

I fucking love Halo 4. It has replaced Halo 2 in my heart.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I can't even think of them, but Halo 4 was my GOTY by far.

I fucking love Halo 4. It has replaced Halo 2 in my heart.
Your sig gif looks like this this girl who dj's here. I would motorboat the shit out of her like the sailor I am.

I didn't buy any games in 2012 except SCV ;_;

StarcaverX

Bajan to the core!
Mine aren't really mindblowing but meh:
1.Sleeping Dogs
2. Walking dead the game ( Story made me cry man tears... :( )
3. Farcry 3
4. Tokyo Jungle ( Game was too quirky)
5. WWe 13 ( Even though i haven't played one since 2010 . The attitude era rating campaign was awesome.)

Edit : I would've added FF13-2 in the mix but, that game leaves a gaping hole in my chest after i 100% it...

Enenra

Go to hell.
No, I'm saying Halo 4 should NEVER replace anything other than being a less shitty of a game than Reach.
Everyone has their own opinion. Mine is Halo 4 is fantastic. Thinking about it realistically, it's below Halo 2, but I'd put it as second best and I LOVED Halo 3. I hate Reach, I don't even consider it a Halo game.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Everyone has their own opinion. Mine is Halo 4 is fantastic. Thinking about it realistically, it's below Halo 2, but I'd put it as second best and I LOVED Halo 3. I hate Reach, I don't even consider it a Halo game.
Only if 343 got off their money hongring assess and fix a few things like rebalancing guns then Halo 4 would be SLIGHTLY better.Though it can only go as far.It's the shitty community that ruins most of it nowadays. New Gen Halo is garbage.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Only if 343 got off their money hongring assess and fix a few things like rebalancing guns then Halo 4 would be SLIGHTLY better.Though it can only go as far.It's the shitty community that ruins most of it nowadays. New Gen Halo is garbage.
Man you're mad about this lol

My problems with Halo 4 are the BR needs more range, the shotgun portion of the boltshot needs to be removed, and the team balancing needs work but I can't count off for that because NO GAME can get that right. Nothing like consistently getting 20+ kills and a 3 K/D but still losing.

The game does so much right though. SHooting and movement feels great, AA abilities are fun but not all that deciding of a factor, the guns are great, the sounds are great, majority of the maps are well done, spartan ops is fun and interesting, graphics are ridiculous, and the campaign is definitely the best or on par with Halo 1's. Really, a great game.

People missing out on zero escape mannnn. Shit is the BEST game I played in a long time and that is saying a lot.

Triple AAA games blowed this year. Not one was amazing.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
People missing out on zero escape mannnn. Shit is the BEST game I played in a long time and that is saying a lot.

Triple AAA games blowed this year. Not one was amazing.
This. I think this is the first time in gaming history that an Indie Game won Game Of The Year.(Walking Dead) just because AAA games sucked cock.Though I'll still love 'sassin's 'reed.

Man you're mad about this lol

My problems with Halo 4 are the BR needs more range, the shotgun portion of the boltshot needs to be removed, and the team balancing needs work but I can't count off for that because NO GAME can get that right. Nothing like consistently getting 20+ kills and a 3 K/D but still losing.

The game does so much right though. SHooting and movement feels great, AA abilities are fun but not all that deciding of a factor, the guns are great, the sounds are great, majority of the maps are well done, spartan ops is fun and interesting, graphics are ridiculous, and the campaign is definitely the best or on par with Halo 1's. Really, a great game.
They're too busy making their shitty ass BTB map packs to do anything right.Even those same shtty map packs aren't done right. Accidental free DLC then taking it away? Bugged achievemnts on said DLCs? FUCK 343 and FUCK the 2nd Halo trilogy.

Halo is DEAD to me. The fight was finished in 3 and they shouldn't have started a new one.

Enenra

Go to hell.
They're too busy making their shitty ass BTB map packs to do anything right.Even those same shtty map packs aren't done right. Accidental free DLC then taking it away? Bugged achievemnts on said DLCs? FUCK 343 and FUCK the 2nd Halo trilogy.

Halo is DEAD to me. The fight was finished in 3 and they shouldn't have started a new one.
I don't give a shit about achievements so I never noticed that one.

I can tell you're mad, and I'm sorry Halo is dead to you, but us talking about it obviously is doing nothing so I'm backing out. I thought Halo began to decay at Halo 2, and while Halo 3 was great, it was a decline. Reach killed Halo out right. I think Halo 4 brought back new life to a dead series, and did it phenomenally. But that's just an opinion

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't give a shit about achievements so I never noticed that one.

I can tell you're mad, and I'm sorry Halo is dead to you, but us talking about it obviously is doing nothing so I'm backing out. I thought Halo began to decay at Halo 2, and while Halo 3 was great, it was a decline. Reach killed Halo out right. I think Halo 4 brought back new life to a dead series, and did it phenomenally. But that's just an opinion
While Halo 4 did rise it from the dead, it's just the shadow of its predecessors.IMO 3 will still be the best Halo.It's a refined version of Halo 2.Yes the was some things taken away but it doesn't bring down all the pros of the game.

Enenra

Go to hell.
While Halo 4 did rise it from the dead, it's just the shadow of its predecessors.IMO 3 will still be the best Halo.It's a refined version of Halo 2.Yes the was some things taken away but it doesn't bring down all the pros of the game.
Halo 2 had a better story despite the cliffhanger (I love Halo's campaigns), but the 4 shot was just ridiculously fun. The skill gap in that game seemed so unapproachable at first. The maps, the 4 shot, the ranking system, and how damn competitive it was is what sealed the deal.

Not to say 3 wasn't great. I have many hours well spent on 3 and played it until H4 dropped. But if I didn't have to boot up my old Windows computer to play H2 online, I'd still be on that.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Halo 2 had a better story despite the cliffhanger (I love Halo's campaigns), but the 4 shot was just ridiculously fun. The skill gap in that game seemed so unapproachable at first. The maps, the 4 shot, the ranking system, and how damn competitive it was is what sealed the deal.

Not to say 3 wasn't great. I have many hours well spent on 3 and played it until H4 dropped. But if I didn't have to boot up my old Windows computer to play H2 online, I'd still be on that.
uhh....Halo 3 BR was 4-shot, it debatably has overall the best maps (Guardian IMO best Halo map), its ranking system was identical to Halo 2 and the competition was bigger.

EDIT: it also don't have MP glitches like 2 did(BXR , Double Shot , Sword Glitch , etc)

EDIT 2: We should stop now, this isn't a Halo thread.I started it, and ending it. Now, back onto favorite top 5 games of 2012

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Well considering that I only bought 5 games in 2012 that were made in 2012... here they are lol
Far Cry 3
Sleeping Dogs
Hotline Miami
Thomas Was Alone
Doom 3 BFG Edition