What's new

Your thoughts on Shang Tsung's appearance?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I like it... it's actually better than I suspected it would be.

HE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO MORPH! (Him morphing from Reptile mean he has it for sure though...?)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So, basically in the vignette Liu is actually fighting Shang the whole time it would seem. Shang shape-shifts to Kano then Reptile. Correct? :)

B W1zZ

Noob
I think they may be hinting at something...notice that shang is morphed into kano when liu kang throws his fireball...it freezes and proceeds to talk about liu being assisted by the god of thunder...then when the action resumes the fireball hits shang while he's reptile. It didn't show him return to his normal form...maybe he will be able to morph while he is morphed without turning back into shang? That would be awesome. Shang is looking pretty badass.

DrDogg

Noob
As I posted on the news story... I really hope characters have more than one alt. I like the fact that young Shang is in, but I prefer his MK2 attire. I'm also hoping old Shang floats like he did in MK1.

I'd also like to think this confirms he'll be able to morph, but the way it's done in the video makes me think he almost certainly won't. If Shang has the ability to morph in battle, why not show him actually doing it? Why go through the effort of freeze framing, or doing what looked like a photoshop edit (for the fatality)?

It could just be Boon and company teasing the fans, but it seems like a lot of effort has been taken to do that...