What's new

Question Your secondary, and why you play them.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of his character but gameplay wise idk, he's not a huge problem (least when I used to play this game, haven't fight him in XL)
You havent played a good takeda then.... those things make me suicidal.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I only play Kotal Kahn well. I'm OK with Jason and Jax.

If I were to learn a second, it would be Tremor or Cyrax because they are the swaggiest. Ermac and Quan Chi aren't far behind either.

Behind those, I would say Fisticuffs would be next.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
My main is Kenshi and my secondary is Johnny Cage although I play them equally in terms of amount and skill. I love these characters both as characters and in gameplay. While it sucks that Kenshi is garbage, not gonna get into it for the sake of the discussion, he's by far the most badass character in MK history to me. Johnny Cage is fucking hilarious and his pressure in SD is extremely fun and getting crispy cancels in A-List and catching people with Fisticuffs staggers are always fun.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
My main is Kenshi and my secondary is Johnny Cage although I play them equally in terms of amount and skill. I love these characters both as characters and in gameplay. While it sucks that Kenshi is garbage, not gonna get into it for the sake of the discussion, he's by far the most badass character in MK history to me. Johnny Cage is fucking hilarious and his pressure in SD is extremely fun and getting crispy cancels in A-List and catching people with Fisticuffs staggers are always fun.
I never used to like Johnny Cage, but now because I like his character so much in the story mode (similar to how I like the new mileena in story mode) I'm progressively working my way up to being an A-List player. With the new netcode I can finally do that.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Jason Voorhees is my secondary, he's just a fucking badass.
And since I guess everyone's mentioning it, my real main is Scorpion as he is, has always been, and probably always will be my favorite character. Another character I really like playing is Shinnok, they handled his moveset really well in MKX.

NHDR

Noob
Kotal (War God). Because he looks awesome and he's very easy to play! I consider him my co-main next to CT Kano. I'd also give Gunslinger Erron a whirl but I suck at cancelling into his tackle from 21122. I'm just not used to the MK cancel window for some moves and also SUCK at run cancels (SF player).

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Royal Storm Kitana was my main at first, but she has now been downgraded to a secondary (don't fan me to death, Edeniens!) due to my discovery of, and success with, Ninjutsu Scorpion.

Kitana still plays exactly like a character I prefer - in fact, to me she has Jago-like tendencies. A DP (though it costs meter to use EX Rising Fan), decent fireball game, and above-average footsies due to her walk speed.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Kotal (War God). Because he looks awesome and he's very easy to play! I consider him my co-main next to CT Kano. I'd also give Gunslinger Erron a whirl but I suck at cancelling into his tackle from 21122. I'm just not used to the MK cancel window for some moves and also SUCK at run cancels (SF player).
Maybe you just aren't inputting 21122 fast enough. I mean, all I do is slide my thumb from 2->1 and then 1->2 and then tap 2 (I'm on pad). It pretty much leaves you with plenty of time to cancel into Sand Tackle.

Edit: The run cancelling windows usually tend to be longer than most players anticipate. It's similar to special cancelling IMO.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Cyrax Main:
also use CSZ and Smoke and a bit of Sektor: but i don't main them.

i poket:
Cybernetic Kano
UnBreakable Sub Zero
Nimble Reptile

because obviously Cyrax is Lacking against the majority of the cast. he is very unsafe on every move in different situations.
his mixups are unsafe meterless.
his 111 can easily be dodged and wiffed for full combo punish.
nothing is hit confirmable except 111.
to make anything safe you must use EX DB1 which is 0 on block. and lets face it, im not giving up meter on every turn, thats absurd.

so between those 3 pokets i can win every matchup eventually after i find there tendencies lets say in a FT30.

shortly because they have everything Cyrax does not.

Suffecient space control
Great pressure and parries
Awesome rush down mixups and decent zoning.

Cyrax sucks in all those points, but he more than makes up for it being my favorite character in MK3 UMK3 and MK9, and well this game too, he is just half the Cyrax we know and love.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Maybe you just aren't inputting 21122 fast enough. I mean, all I do is slide my thumb from 2->1 and then 1->2 and then tap 2 (I'm on pad). It pretty much leaves you with plenty of time to cancel into Sand Tackle.

Edit: The run cancelling windows usually tend to be longer than most players anticipate. It's similar to special cancelling IMO.
can't you also cancel off of 21/11/11B3?

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Cyrax Main:
also use CSZ and Smoke and a bit of Sektor: but i don't main them.

i poket:
Cybernetic Kano
UnBreakable Sub Zero
Nimble Reptile

because obviously Cyrax is Lacking against the majority of the cast. he is very unsafe on every move in different situations.
his mixups are unsafe meterless.
his 111 can easily be dodged and wiffed for full combo punish.
nothing is hit confirmable except 111.
to make anything safe you must use EX DB1 which is 0 on block. and lets face it, im not giving up meter on every turn, thats absurd.

so between those 3 pokets i can win every matchup eventually after i find there tendencies lets say in a FT30.

shortly because they have everything Cyrax does not.

Suffecient space control
Great pressure and parries
Awesome rush down mixups and decent zoning.

Cyrax sucks in all those points, but he more than makes up for it being my favorite character in MK3 UMK3 and MK9, and well this game too, he is just half the Cyrax we know and love.
NRS is just trying to avoid creating the monster they did with cyrax in 2011 lol.