What's new

Your Prediction (not your hopes) about the 6 DLC characters of Kombat Pack 2.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
I'm tired of seeing Terminator being requested, if or should I say when they put Terminator in the game it won't be him. It'll be Arnold Schwarzenegger in movie makeup. Terminator doesn't have organs or a normal human brain where most characters fatalities show the organs inside the body. Imagine Baraka eating a microchip, Kotal Kahn in panther form biting down on nothing, or Nightwolf just throwing his ax into his empty chest. Fatalities and Brutalities won't have the same impact on Terminator that it would with others, visually.

As for Joker, I predict it'll be The Batman Who Laughs if he isn't part of KP1.

As for the others:
Sheeva
Havik
Fujin
And two guests I won't play as

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I feel it’s going to be
  1. Sheeva
  2. Fujin
  3. Joker
  4. Sektor/Cyrax (They had files found and have story mode models like Sheeva so I’m assuming we might get one or the other)
  5. Smoke (There’s a theme with MK9 characters coming back in DLC so I think he’s a decent prediction)
  6. A guest. To be honest I feel like NRS is sticking with 4 guests per game but I don’t know who else to pick for my 6th prediction. Doomguy, Michael Myers, Pinhead, Ghostface are all characters I could totally see popping up and would be hype for.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I don’t know how to tell you people this in any simpler terms.

Outside of the dedicated Fan base, which makes of a very small fraction of the overall player base at large, no one gives a shit about Fujin. From a business standpoint it is far from the most profitable spot. Luckily NRS doesn’t design DLC purely from the viewpoint of profit and has guests to make them the big bucks to supplement the less popular DLC(like Fujin). Those MKX dlc sales numbers paint a vivid picture of this.

Most causals don’t even remember or know who he is. He has not appeared in a legitimate role in 20 years if your don’t count his obligatory inclusion into MKA like everyone else. The last thing he did was be a forgettable NPC in the MKX intro. If you walked around with a picture of him asking people, you’d get a crushingly low amount of correct answers.

I want to make this clear, I also like Fujin, but being realistic? He is not some super profitable big hit classic. He’s not a Reptile or Mileena. He’s not a surprising new character. He’s a niche “cult classic” tier classic.

Fujin would not be raining money for them.
I said what I said . He’s been begged for since 2011... Even if it’s just “Us” that’s more then enough.
raining money.
You bitching about Fujin not being that popular but neither was Tremor in fact He wasn’t even a real Kombatant and had NOWHERE near the demand that Fujin had let alone a “fan base” . And you gonna sit here and say Fujin as DLC isn’t realistic?? What?
RAINING. MONEY.

Last edited:

Kratilim

Noob
The leaked ones are fairly obvious but beyond that, I doubt they will do a 6 character pack, to be honest. It wouldn't surprise me if they stick to 4 characters in KP2. If there even is one to begin with. Ever since MKX, the divide between franchise-related and guests has been about 50/50. So It's either 2 MK and 2 Guests. Or 3 MK and 3 Guests.

So my prediction is:

1. Sheeva
  2. Fujin
  3. Joker
  4. Guest
And if they still do a 6 character pack:
  1. Sektor or Cyrax
  2. Guest

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Just one thing, I'm pretty sure there WILL be a KP2 and maybe even a KP3. They already said they're planning on supporting the game for longer. As long as the money's still coming, as well as the high level exposure, there will be more DLC.
Their whole tactic for the character release timeframe imo is making KP1 last for a year, because that's the trend now (yearly season). And merely the fact that 3 more DLC characters were already datamined shows that there's more to come.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Between Joker, Fujin and Sheeva that were leaked, it means that the two others will be guest characters. There won't be any other MK character in this game, no Mileena, no Rain, no Ermac and the saddest of all, no human Smoke.

The only thing I see happening is Cyrax and Sektor somehow being a smaller 2-pack DLC down the road, I mean the models are already made come on NRS.

As for the guests I'd like to some other characters than just horror guests, cause those are kinda boring tbh. Buffy or Spike would be awesome, they're WB characters.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Why are people hoping for Terminator in KP2? We are getting him in KP1.

KP2 is Fujin, Sheeva and Joker for sure. I'm not sure who else, but I have little hope for the characters I want (Ermac, Smoke, Sektor, Cyrax, Reiko).

First Kombat Pack has: 3 klassic characters, 3 guest characters (one from comics, two from the movies).
Fujin-Sheeva-Joker are a given. So, if that goes like the previous one, we will have two more guests and one more MK character.
I assume the MK character will be a ninja. Doesn't matter who, people like ninjas and there are many to pick from. Ermac obviously has a new design and might have been planned to be a kombatant at some point, so who knows. His chances are better than MKX skin Reptile. Not Tremor though.
Or it could be Takeda the kombat kid.
Two more guest characters. I can't for the life of me predict guest fighters in NRS games, but I can try.
Since this time the characters are no longer horror movie villains but action men, it might as well be anyone. I kind of assume Rambo, as he also has a movie coming soon and the people really like pitting Arnie against Sly. It happened with Alien and Predator so it could happen again.
The last guest I have nothing to go on with so I just won't.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
one of the leaks for MK11, suggested Ripley from Aliens, to be considerable as DLC option .... would be a blast if they do it, indeed .... I'm a big great fan from Aliens franchise and Sigourney Weaver as actress, hehe :D

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Fujin
Sheeva
Joker
Doomguy (I remember cosplayers after a doom news/event)
Robocop (dont remember why)
Another MK guy (Takeda or Sareena, from a (not 100% true) leak a while ago

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I said what I said . He’s been begged for since 2011... Even if it’s just “Us” that’s more then enough.
raining money.
You bitching about Fujin not being that popular but neither was Tremor in fact He wasn’t even a real Kombatant and had NOWHERE near the demand that Fujin had let alone a “fan base” . And you gonna sit here and say Fujin as DLC isn’t realistic?? What?
RAINING. MONEY.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone go on a rant about talking points that weren’t even in the post they were replying to.

You didn’t actually read what I wrote and just assumed it was something that it wasn’t, and you also decided to say I said things I never even said.

Please quote where I said anything like “Fujin as DLC isn’t realistic”. Spoiler: I didn’t, because he leaked a long time ago, he’s in. I was making a completely different point that anyone with an ounce of reading comprehension would have caught.

I like Fujin. Most of us here like Fujin. Casuals don’t know or give a damn about him and he will sell signfanctly less than the trilogy characters and guests unless they completely reinvent him. He is not a raining money character. Just like Tanya and Bo weren’t raining money characters.

Does he need to be? Nope, they have actual big sellers lined up to be DLC too that will supplement the less popular picks. All I’m saying is be realistic about this characters actual popularity in the grand scheme.

Last edited:

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
You said no one gives a shit bout Fujin enough for him to not sell DLC and I’m saying thats goofy. Stop Down playing casuals like they don’t knno or care about him . How you come to tht conclusion?? every DLC list I’ve seen from Tym, Reddit Twitter YouTube twitch chats etc almost always include him .Yes ppl do give a shit about the only other God we see along side Raiden.....Teaser with some sickass godly gear
Boom raining money

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
You said no one gives a shit bout Fujin enough for him to not sell DLC and I’m saying thats goofy. Stop Down playing casuals like they don’t knno or care about him . How you come to tht conclusion?? every DLC list I’ve seen from Tym, Reddit Twitter YouTube twitch chats etc almost always include him .Yes ppl do give a shit about the only other God we see along side Raiden.....Teaser with some sickass godly gear
Boom raining money
I find it hard to believe that people who only started being mk fans for the past 8 years are asking for Fujin. His role in both mkx and the prequel comic was too small to warrant interest.

Only veterans are asking for him.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
hey, it's going to be only the 3 characters that have leaked some time ago. Don't expect anything beyond that. Glad that I could help!

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
hey, it's going to be only the 3 characters that have leaked some time ago. Don't expect anything beyond that. Glad that I could help!
Look - the Switch files were made perhaps even two years before KP2 would be released - it's quite possible that not every single character was designed and worked on at that time. Besides, the dialogues for the Joker and I think Sheeva were incomplete which proves that the Switch file was a work in progress. Some characters were near completion, some had still work to be done, and some (like the 3-10 remaining DLC characters) were probably not even touched upon yet at that time.

My guess, at least.

xenogorgeous

Look - the Switch files were made perhaps even two years before KP2 would be released - it's quite possible that not every single character was designed and worked on at that time. Besides, the dialogues for the Joker and I think Sheeva were incomplete which proves that the Switch file was a work in progress. Some characters were near completion, some had still work to be done, and some (like the 3-10 remaining DLC characters) were probably not even touched upon yet at that time.

My guess, at least.
I don't think so .... ok, despite some of them being WIP, NRS probably will not re-hire the VAs , if they already recorded voice dialogue for KP2 , so, no way to simple discard what was done so far, kinda "starting over ?" no way , will not happen .... besides, when the leaks came out, probably the 3 DLCs we known so far (Fujin, Sheeva and Joker), were more than 50% built, regarding 3D models and animations, so, now, it's just a matter of polishment now until the official release .... :D sure that they will not waste or lose any sort of "work already done" on this game development, regarding DLC material ....

what intrigues me it who will make it aside from these 3 (Fujin, Sheeva and Joker) .... there is no clue , none tip, so, at this point can be anyone .... I don't believe NRS will put more than 4 guests in this game, so, with Spawn, Ash, Terminator and Joker, and if NRS follow a certain pattern we are used to, the KP2 will have 6 characters, where 3 of them we know already, and the very last 3 , will be 3 MK characters, and really be anyone ..... Reptile, Smoke, Ermac ? Sareena, Kenshi, Li Mei ? Takeda, Kung Jin and Reiko ? can be anyone ! :confused:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I don't think so .... ok, despite some of them being WIP, NRS probably will not re-hire the VAs , if they already recorded voice dialogue for KP2 , so, no way to simple discard what was done so far, kinda "starting over ?" no way , will not happen .... besides, when the leaks came out, probably the 3 DLCs we known so far (Fujin, Sheeva and Joker), were more than 50% built, regarding 3D models and animations, so, now, it's just a matter of polishment now until the official release .... :D sure that they will not waste or lose any sort of "work already done" on this game development, regarding DLC material ....

what intrigues me it who will make it aside from these 3 (Fujin, Sheeva and Joker) .... there is no clue , none tip, so, at this point can be anyone .... I don't believe NRS will put more than 4 guests in this game, so, with Spawn, Ash, Terminator and Joker, and if NRS follow a certain pattern we are used to, the KP2 will have 6 characters, where 3 of them we know already, and the very last 3 , will be 3 MK characters, and really be anyone ..... Reptile, Smoke, Ermac ? Sareena, Kenshi, Li Mei ? Takeda, Kung Jin and Reiko ? can be anyone ! :confused:
I never said they will have to start over. I basically said that concerning some characters, they may not even have began at the time the switch file was made. Which is why there were no dialogues yet.

xenogorgeous

I never said they will have to start over. I basically said that concerning some characters, they may not even have began at the time the switch file was made. Which is why there were no dialogues yet.
all right then ..... this make a lot of sense :)

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Anyone remember when Pennywise was speculated to be a guest character? Doubt it'll happen, but damn, it sounds interesting.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Anyone remember when Pennywise was speculated to be a guest character? Doubt it'll happen, but damn, it sounds interesting.
The community is split on this guy, based on what I see on Reddit. Personally I don't mind him at all - I prefer him to the Joker in terms of moveset and uniqueness. But two killer clowns? I dunno, it's a bit overkill (in a game with 10 ninjas, but whatever).

mook

Noob
KP2 probably won‘t have another Ninja so I could honestly give less of a shit who gets in at this point.

Just gonna enjoy the ride

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I feel it’s going to be
  1. Sheeva
  2. Fujin
  3. Joker
  4. Sektor/Cyrax (They had files found and have story mode models like Sheeva so I’m assuming we might get one or the other)
  5. Smoke (There’s a theme with MK9 characters coming back in DLC so I think he’s a decent prediction)
  6. A guest. To be honest I feel like NRS is sticking with 4 guests per game but I don’t know who else to pick for my 6th prediction. Doomguy, Michael Myers, Pinhead, Ghostface are all characters I could totally see popping up and would be hype for.
Still this but now replace Joker with Ash lol

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
I don’t even care for Fujin, but at this point I’d say he’s next.
I’d also say NRS is gonna bring in a reinvented 3D era jobber like Kira or Drahmin