What's new

Your Opinions On how Reptile should be played.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
321 slide is really unsafe too if it gets blocked, so use it sparingly but I use that too, 321 acid hand is a good one, because it's safe on block and allows an Inescapable elbow dash.
True, I try to use it with a surprise factor if that makes sense. As in, using 321AH to train them to block high then throw out a 321slide every once in awhile. How do you guys feel about Reptile's corner game as well?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
True, I try to use it with a surprise factor if that makes sense. As in, using 321AH to train them to block high then throw out a 321slide every once in awhile. How do you guys feel about Reptile's corner game as well?
Meh, it's not bad but it's not great.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I feel the same way, do you have any specific combos you use? The ones I've seen burn meter, and I'm not sure if I agree with some of them.
Meterless would be 321 acid hand 321 ffb 321 sfb 32 slide, I think that's it, if not just leave out the 321 sfb and end with 321 slide.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Meterless would be 321 acid hand 321 ffb 321 sfb 32 slide, I think that's it, if not just leave out the 321 sfb and end with 321 slide.
Do you know the dmg % of that? and also do you ever use meter in the corner for combos? If so which ones

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Do you know the dmg % of that? and also do you ever use meter in the corner for combos? If so which ones
It's somewhere from 36-39 I think, I don't use it a lot lol I don't like being in the corner. Yeah I pretty much use the same thing except just enhance the acid hand.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, it took my recent set with 16Bit to realize that Reptile is so much more offensive than what I've realized, and I'm starting to understand that the only way he'll ever play defense is with meter...which by luck his offense is so good at getting him the meter for it, that's fine.

321 being 0 AND true mid on every hit is so powerful for pressure and battery utility, regardless of how slow 3 is on startup. There's too many options to react to with something fast because of acid hand on top of that all and the entire string basically jailing into it. And if Reptile knocks you down at any point with the 1 or acid hand...elbow whiff keeps you in there for the most part...so he really doesn't even care unless he knocks down as he does 321 xx acid hand. And you can't stay blocking...that just fuels his meter, which gives him a lot of defensive power as, with meter, that gives you five projectiles to deal with, 6 anti-air options, and 1 move that will stuff shit from midscreen.

Tack on other strings for safe chipaway at life to add on scenarios the opponent has to defend, and basically this character can run on playing totally safe offense that is retarded to react to.

I'm re-evaluating how I play Reptile as I speak...and currently developing a new, more powerful playstyle with this sudden epiphany lol.

Okay, it took my recent set with 16Bit to realize that Reptile is so much more offensive than what I've realized, and I'm starting to understand that the only way he'll ever play defense is with meter...which by luck his offense is so good at getting him the meter for it, that's fine.

321 being 0 AND true mid on every hit is so powerful for pressure and battery utility, regardless of how slow 3 is on startup. There's too many options to react to with something fast because of acid hand on top of that all and the entire string basically jailing into it. And if Reptile knocks you down at any point with the 1 or acid hand...elbow whiff keeps you in there for the most part...so he really doesn't even care unless he knocks down as he does 321 xx acid hand. And you can't stay blocking...that just fuels his meter, which gives him a lot of defensive power as, with meter, that gives you five projectiles to deal with, 6 anti-air options, and 1 move that will stuff shit from midscreen.

Tack on other strings for safe chipaway at life to add on scenarios the opponent has to defend, and basically this character can run on playing totally safe offense that is retarded to react to.

I'm re-evaluating how I play Reptile as I speak...and currently developing a new, more powerful playstyle with this sudden epiphany lol.
Atta boy. Now you see why I LOVE the rush down with reptile :)