What's new

General/Other Your opinion on "Sinestro's trait" matter...

dittO

Noob
I'd like to know what does this community think about the following matter:

- Sinestro's trait is probably one of the best in the game. Some people think, it is just a very good trait. That's why they made it like this, that you have to charge it fully to gain access to it. However, Sinestro's trait will automaticaly disappear (all three bars), after each of the following situations:
- After a stage transition
- After you or your opponent connect a super move
- After you or your opponent use a wager
I can live with trait cancel after a connected super move, but the other two are un-needed imo.
Especially in the second life bar, it seems a bit difficult to maintain his trait with wagers and such...

So what is your opinion on the matter?
(You don't have to be maining Sinestro in order to reply here. Anyone can do. Also this is NOT a whining/buff/nerf thread, just discussion and hearing opinions).

LEGEND

YES!
its annoying, i'm not sure if they designed it to be this way or not but its pretty lame.

i can deal with it though, given how powerful it is when you do have it out, and even how effective the charge is at baiting stuff

Vysetron

Extremely mediocre
I can kind of understand losing it after supers and stage transitions since both of those can be dealt with, but the wager thing is just unnecessary. The other player shouldn't be able to take your trait away just because they're on their second life bar.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I can kind of understand losing it after supers and stage transitions since both of those can be dealt with, but the wager thing is just unnecessary. The other player shouldn't be able to take your trait away just because they're on their second life bar.
The only way Sinestro should lose his trait is an opponents super move or level transition....thats it.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I agree that it is stupid for him to lose it on wagers and transitions. Lol some people will initiate the clash when they don't have meter JUST to get rid of my trait. It is really annoying. But yea I agree that Sinestro lives and dies by his trait. He has a very limited footsie game without it.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Don't lose it on wagers and transitions. No other character suffers from this, well besides Bane, and he is garbage due to stuff like that, and neither should he, especially with the amount of effort he takes to summon it.

The only time he should lose it is during his/his opponents super

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If Sinestro had better tools without trait I think this would be fine. But he doesn't, so he shouldn't have to deal with shit like this.

Also should not lose it if he wins clash or is the person to knock you into a transition. I guess losing or getting hit into it would be fine but NRS has some weird balance ideas.

ApertureBlack

If Sinestro had better tools without trait I think this would be fine. But he doesn't, so he shouldn't have to deal with shit like this.

Also should not lose it if he wins clash or is the person to knock you into a transition. I guess losing or getting hit into it would be fine but NRS has some weird balance ideas.
He shouldn't lose it regardess of clash.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
What I think would be a reasonable buff is for every time you charge it up a section, you have the ability to use one trait shot. For example if I charge it up past the first line, I have the option to use that shot, or to keep charging it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What I think would be a reasonable buff is for every time you charge it up a section, you have the ability to use one trait shot. For example if I charge it up past the first line, I have the option to use that shot, or to keep charging it.
Buff?

Sounds more life "Fix"

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Chongo with those revolutionary ideas ;_;

Im fairly convinced atm that other characters will be better then him.
well see... i mean if you land one rock in trait you have 1 or 2 trait shots u can get that reset with 2 bars burned into shackes and pop your trait again... he'll be lethal considering his footsies becomes obnoxious and you have to respect everything he does in trait... scary considering his instant air axe is obnoxious and his f2d1 isnt the worst..

plus now he can make his retarded b12 (yes its -9) free damage with an ex arachnid at the end??? am i getting this correctly? and itll be free on wakeup?? or is it avoidable??? if this is the case then hes the greatest character in the game because hell knock you full screen and start chargin up...

ApertureBlack

well see... i mean if you land one rock in trait you have 1 or 2 trait shots u can get that reset with 2 bars burned into shackes and pop your trait again... he'll be lethal considering his footsies becomes obnoxious and you have to respect everything he does in trait... scary considering his instant air axe is obnoxious and his f2d1 isnt the worst..
Honestly Sinestro reminds of Pheonix Wright from MVC3, he takes some setup, but once he gets there he roflstomps everyone.