What's new

Your opinion on MGS5 - too repetitive?

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
That is your opinion dude... This game is exacly what i expected and wanted and iv played every MGS... No hour Long Codec talks thats already a huge improvement... And honestly you are way overthinking everything... Firstly Th fulton of soldiers is complitely plausable, 50% of them turn because they are contracted and have no real alligiance to their original contracter, so in fear of being killed they simply turn loyal to the Boss, its quite a simple concept actually...You are penalized for Using powerfull weapons cause it would be easy to just bring a tank and destroy everything to get S ranks on all missions and get the rewards associated with such acomplishments, makes all the sense actually... The fulton yourself part i give you that one, but at the same time it would be pretty stupid if you could escape every situation by just fulting yourself out of the missions instead of having to actually use your wits and gear to help you escape... I respect your opinion, but it feels that most of your points are founded in the fact that this was not your ideal MGS so your lashing out cause you dont like it... I myself love the game but i do have my grips with it as well...

Honestly i feel the story problems are something caused by everything between Kojima and Konami... i really believe that they pretty much cut funding on him for certain things... But again the tape thing seems to come up a lot and what most ppl dont get is that in previous MGS the story is told to you in Hours and Hours of Codec long talks that are skipable but not optional, Here they have tapes, it falls under the same concept but this time around they present the bare minimum for you to understand the story if you know its background, and then provide more insight into the details via the tapes... Alas opinions i do get some ppl really enjoy the codec aspect of the previous games, im not gonna defend it but i respect those who enjoy it, it comes down to tastes i guess...
I don't have an issue with tapes really, it's just the game is glaringly incomplete to what it was intended to be. Mission 46 I feel was supposed to be at the end of Chapter 3, the chapter that was removed. Chapter 2 itself is incomplete and is obviously just patched up and put together. A lot of this I agree is Konami putting the screws on Kojima. But it's just heartbreaking to see that a Kojima game is left in this state in terms of the story.

Noob
I don't have an issue with tapes really, it's just the game is glaringly incomplete to what it was intended to be. Mission 46 I feel was supposed to be at the end of Chapter 3, the chapter that was removed. Chapter 2 itself is incomplete and is obviously just patched up and put together. A lot of this I agree is Konami putting the screws on Kojima. But it's just heartbreaking to see that a Kojima game is left in this state in terms of the story.
Yeah, well its been known for years that Konami has been doing poorly, and its also a fact that even tho Kojima makes brilliant games, is asks for alot of money to do so... Honestly they said MGS will continue, but i wont be one of the ppl buying it... i feel most of the problems this game has are not lack of interest or lack of ability to make something, its just Konami been the pricks they are... But even with is significant problems when it comes to story etc... i still feel the game is amazing and i quite enjoy all the easter eggs etc... the game even has a P.T. easter egg... As long as you have fun the game is great, if you dont have fun well just like any other game one must move on to greener pastures

The Farmer

This is Threedogg's review of mgsv5. He is one of the streamers for OHN Network, they marathon stream the games regularly and I personally consider him one of the most knowledgable individuals for mgs. He has played all of the mgs' and the original mg's probably 1000s of times. His feelings are a bit more extreme than mine, because I do feel the gameplay is the very best of its kind. But here is his opinion.
WARNING SPOILERS
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snekc6

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
You're on a competitive fighting game website. Of course the people here don't get sick of doing the same thing over and over.

Noob
This is Threedogg's review of mgsv5. He is one of the streamers for OHN Network, they marathon stream the games regularly and I personally consider him one of the most knowledgable individuals for mgs. He has played all of the mgs' and the original mg's probably 1000s of times. His feelings are a bit more extreme than mine, because I do feel the gameplay is the very best of its kind. But here is his opinion.
WARNING SPOILERS
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snekc6
Now i actually think he is right, the thing is i still enjoy the game a lot (and plz dont let this be the deterrent to anyone that wants to buy the game to do so), but im not one without grips over it, i do feel that the game is enjoyable in its own right but who to actually blame this mess on? Kojima? Konami, well its difficult to say, but i feel Konami Rushed the game out because they where seeing a sh.t ton of money being sunk into something that was taking 3 years more of development to make than any other game and twice as much money to produce... Just as a reference point Kojima does suffer from Granduer and everything he touches he has to turn into gold, but sometimes he asks for to many resources and to much time for the companies his under to see any real profits, the only ones to profit from his visionary way of making games is us the gamers... Such example was MG Rising, that game was under the hands of Kojima so long that he had to outsource it out.. no other way we would have the hype machine game that is Rising... In a way Kojimas prefectionism is his employers worse nightmare... I feel MS or Sony will pick him up and let him do his thing, but for those that dont know Konami doesnt just work on gaming related stuff... in japan they have a ton of way of life products that sell very well and thats where they make most of their money.. so.. Konamis money is not even coming from their gaming division... They even make toilet games ( Games in japan that when you go to a toilet room you will piss and get points etc.. stuff like that..) Thats why they are moving into mobile more...

The Farmer

Now i actually think he is right, the thing is i still enjoy the game a lot (and plz dont let this be the deterrent to anyone that wants to buy the game to do so), but im not one without grips over it, i do feel that the game is enjoyable in its own right but who to actually blame this mess on? Kojima? Konami, well its difficult to say, but i feel Konami Rushed the game out because they where seeing a sh.t ton of money being sunk into something that was taking 3 years more of development to make than any other game and twice as much money to produce... Just as a reference point Kojima does suffer from Granduer and everything he touches he has to turn into gold, but sometimes he asks for to many resources and to much time for the companies his under to see any real profits, the only ones to profit from his visionary way of making games is us the gamers... Such example was MG Rising, that game was under the hands of Kojima so long that he had to outsource it out.. no other way we would have the hype machine game that is Rising... In a way Kojimas prefectionism is his employers worse nightmare... I feel MS or Sony will pick him up and let him do his thing, but for those that dont know Konami doesnt just work on gaming related stuff... in japan they have a ton of way of life products that sell very well and thats where they make most of their money.. so.. Konamis money is not even coming from their gaming division... They even make toilet games ( Games in japan that when you go to a toilet room you will piss and get points etc.. stuff like that..) Thats why they are moving into mobile more...
Yea I agree. I sort of blame both parties here. I feel Konami was just not patient enough with this. When they gave him the green light I feel they should have suffered their own consequences, they ok'd the game. Then at the same time I always get the feeling that Kojima is not the most organized person when it comes to creating deadlines and keeping a staff in order. I think he may be a time waster in some areas. This combination I think may have caused the fragmented story. That's just mho

I was hyped for this game. I loved metal gear solid 1-4 . To me, those games were masterpieces. So I thought that this game would be Hideo Kojima's next masterpiece, I had no reason to doubt him. But damn was I wrong. The story... What metal gear is known for, is soooo bad compared to the other games. There are no where near the amount of cutscenes the other ones have and that's a bad thing because it seems that has compromised the story. Thee game play, at first, is amazing. It's simply amazing. I played the shit outta ground zeroes and i was loving the shit outta this game when I first started. But after a while its get incredibly repetitive. After a while I simply did not want to play this game anymore. I was bored. Like, really bored. There was nothing motivating me to keep playing. I knew there was nothin on the next mission that would wow me or surprise me and the story can be so generic at times that it doesn't motivate you to play to see what happens next. This game has gotten way too many high reviews. Not just from ign who lost credibility a long long time ago. But also from people who's reviews i usually respect like angry joe. The highest this game should score is 6 . When you don't want to play a game and dread having to complete it.. That's bad. And this is one of my favorite game series. Anyway, what do you think?