What's new

Your MK History

ryublaze

Noob
My story with MK9:

It was the end of Junior year of high school and it was my last year of running Track & Field. At that time I wanted to stop sports and just relax and play video games until I graduated high school. All of the new games that were coming out pretty much sucked (no offense). Halo: Reach was a letdown. Star Ocean 4 was a disgrace. Nothing but Mario games were coming out for the Wii.

While browsing the Internet one day, I came across MK9 and was like "That's badass" so I was really excited to get it. I had to wait until my Track season ended though so it was two months of torture for me lol. But anyways when I got around to playing it I was a total noob. MK9 was my first MK game and my first fighter I took seriously. I wanted to play competitively so I decided to look on GameFAQs cuz that's the site I always used for any game I played.

GameFAQs was a nice community, but I wanted to expand my skills so I found TYM from one post. From then on I was playing online for half a year. I made videos, partipicated in clan wars, and played 1v1/koth matches with people on my friends list. I was having the most fun I've had in video games since my Halo 3 days so MK9 definitely made my list of favorite games of all time.

It was only until Janurary when I found out about the local scene near me. I had no idea that piemaster, IKizzLE, Slips, Israel, and JodaDaGreat lived in STL too. When I went to offline casuals I pretty much got bodied but going there helped me improve a lot. Since I mained Sektor and Scorpion, obviously playing with the best players of both characters taught me a lot. I was glad to play with them. I only got to go maybe 5 times though and now they barely play MK9 which makes me sad. :(

Mid-August I had to leave STL to go off to college. It was hard to leave the local scene that I was so lucky to have but I didn't give up on MK9. I brought my PS3 down here and since then I just play online now. Recently I got a new TV that lags SO hard so I haven't even touched MK for like a month. Whenever I'm on break though and I go back to STL I go and play with piemaster or someone else for offline but yeah that's pretty much it. And now I think I'm going to be getting into Halo 4 but if I get my old TV back then I'll still play MK9 online. Oh yeah and it was also nice to get moderator for Skarlet forum but I still think Ninj fits the position better. ;)

So yeah there's my story I typed up on a boring Friday night lol. At the same time I'm also writing an essay that's due in like a week :oops: . So what are your guys' history with MK?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I played MK3 when I was little. Here I am now.
I'll give a more in depth story when I get hone.

Ok, so when I was about 6 or so my brother in law gave me his copy of KI for my birthday. I had never played any fighting games before that, so at first I really sucked at it. Him and my brother knew how to play it well, so they taught me as much as they could and I eventually learned how to play it and I ended up loving it.

As time went on, I played a few more fighters, including SF2 which I also liked but wasn't too much into it as I was with KI. Then one day my brother's friend came over with MK3, and I didn't know what MK was, but when I played it, I was instantly hooked. He let me borrow the game, since he lived across the street from us (still does to this day) and we basically saw each other every day. I played the a.i a lot (fuck old school MK's a.i) and then the a.i did a fatality on me. And I was like "Thefuck is this" and it made me like the game even more.

Since it was MK3 I knew there was MK1 and II obviously. So I eventually managed to find people with those games, and I really liked those too, but MK3 was still my favorite. Time passed and MK4 came out, I wanted my parents to buy it for me but we didn;t have money like that to spend most of the time so they just let me rent it. 5 days with a game isn't really enough, but I still kinda liked it since it was MK.

After that, I lost track of anything MK related, but I still played MK3 and UMK3. Then I came across MK DA, and I knew they game was out for a while since it was already on the greatest hits list. I bought it and I loved it, I loved all the 3d MKs. I didn't know about competitive gaming and all that stuff, so I didn't know about infinites and broken characters. I played MK DA with my brother in law, and we had a lot of fun with it. Then a few months later MK D was released and my parents bought it for me day1, and I personally considered that the best MK at that time. I played for hours every single day, and my brother in law loved it too so we played a lot. Then MKA came out.....

Then I heard about MK9 and I was so hyped for it. It didn't disappoint. I still wished my bro in law was around so I could have someone to play offline with. But yea, here we are today. I didn't want to drag out the story and talk about how I came to tym and all that in between stuff.

CYracks

Command Grabber
I played UMK3 on the Sega Genesis when I was very young and enjoyed the violence(Brutalities FTW). Much later, bought MKvsDC and hated it, then bought MK9 on release day and have been happily addicted ever since.

A long time ago in a galaxy that happens to be the one we live in.....

When I was two or three years-old, my Dad taught me how to play Duke Nukem 3D, Happy Wheels, Realms of Chaos, Raptor: Call of the Shadows and some other games. When I was four years-old, I played MK: Trilogy with my Dad and my Uncles. And I, having the natural gamer gene in me, was able to defeat all four (I used Scorpion, BTW).

I followed every main installment of MK from 1997 to 2011, plus MK: Shaolin Monks. Many great times were had, but it was when I acquired MK9 that I became into the competitive aspect. I flipped through several characters as my main throughout my time on MK9. From the beginning months with Cyber Sub-Zero, to the time frame of more than three months ago to now with Kratos (joined TYM on June 30th, but I was erased in the site-wide downtime and joined again on Sep. 6th), and the months in between with Noob Saibot and the greater portion going to Shang Tsung (that's when I started lurking TYM sometime around July 2011). I'm thinking of making Saibot a main again.

Despite the shitty netcode everyone has to deal with, I still play online, and it seems to be treating me more well than many others. And this is coming from one who plays MK9 on PSN.

SZSR

Noob
Older brother borrowed MKSM from friend when we were in middle school in 2005, we unlocked MKII and played a bunch of that, started going online and found out about Deception, got Armageddon when it came out, when MKvsDC came along played the heck out of that online. Ended up at a place called MKcentral where I first met a lot of the current top players and leaders in the community. Then after a while TYM came along and we waited for MK9. And now i'm here. Not much better than I was when I started playing MK.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I went to an abandoned arcade, got sucked into a machine and was entered into a tournament to fight for my life on Shang Tsungs island, no wait, that was the movie Tron.

I played all of the previous MK titles for the lore/story/characters. Didn't really like the gameplay during the 3-D era, and didn't care much during the 2-D era outside of lol I has pushed buttons.

My first 2 competitive games were Starcraft BroodWar and Super Smash Brothers Melee (I hate brawl)

getting good at these two games gave me the good mindset heading into MK9. I didn't originally plan on taking it so far. But the more I learned about the combat system the more I realized hey I actually like it. I played Street Fighter IV and I can appreciate it's depth. But something about it turns me off that MK9 fulfills and I think that thing is chip damage. the threat of chip being so high makes the game really fast. Making people want to pressure rather than play a defensive game(unless that defensive game involves projectiles/keep away)

I started with Jade, because I thought she'd be high tier later down the road. I was like "this character is just a small buff away from OP"

And the way the community down talked her I was like "yes she will be buffed"

this isn't the first time I picked my character strategicially like this. I play Zerg in Starcraft 2, because they were terrible, and I knew they'd be buffed, and thus possibly leaving me good advantage.

Both plans failed because my guess on both of these didn't turn out to be true. A short time Zerg was really good, but people learned ways around it.

anyways back to MK9. I then played ermac for EZmac combos. And just advanced him to the point he became my new main, and then I picked up skarlet for the sole purpose I saw possibilites + No one was representing her.

I only went to two tournaments.

Impact Clash IV
CEO 2011

I don't like traveling solo to tournaments so whenever my offline practice buddies are up for it. I'm going to a tournament. Unless it's only 4-5 hours away I don't mind driving solo.

Owerbart

I miss you
I loved MK since I got myself a SNES and played MK1. Actually, before playing MK, the first record I have is watching my dad getting bodied by the AI at SF II (none of my parents were gamers, although I bet none here could beat my mom in Tetris). Then I tried MK1. From that very first moment, I loved Cage as a character and he became my favorite. Eventually I moved on to Sega and my parents bought me UMK3. There I met Ermac. With the time I also loved Stryker, Kabal and Jade. Awesome times. I remembered one rainy night that my parents and I went to rent a movie and we ended up watching the first MK movie.

Then, my very first game for PC was MK4. I was glad that Cage was back but sad that none of my other favorites returned. That was in fact the last game I played daily. After playing a tad bit of MK deadly alliance I thought it was over, the magic of 2D fighting was gone, and looking at so many new characters got me a little bit upset.

When I heard a new MK was coming for the newer consoles (PS3, Xbox) the spark was lighted up again. It was FUCKING 2D, gory, and all of the cool characters (MK1, MK2, MKT + Quan Chi) were back. It really looked like they were going back to their roots and I loved that. I didn't own a console at the time nor I was interested in having one, but after watching the trailers I started saving as much money as I could and working extra-hours for buying the console (which are extremely expensive here) and I arranged with a friend of my mom who lived in USA to get the Kollector's Edition. It was kinda my way to pay respect to the best fighting game ever made, who made me so happy. From that point on to the date I've never switched mains, having Ermac as main, Cage, Kabal and Sektor as co-mains, and now Stryker, Nightwolf and Baraka as a surprise weapons. This year I started to gather around with my local scene, and playing with some of the best dudes around really helps to get your level up.

Also because I bought the console in a special offer I got Little Big Planet 2 and learnt why the PS3 is such an amazing console.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
1992, ten years old. First time in the United States. See all these kids gather around this machine. I remember somebody perform Scorpion's fatality on Kano.
1994, twelve. SNES MK2. I bought magazines and cut out articles and pictures and glued them into this booklet and wrote the moves and notes next to them, pretty much creating my own little guide.
Went up until Trilogy on the PS1 and then I had to focus on my education.
2010, I heard there is going to be a MK9. Figured I'd buy a ps3 to try it out.
Here I am.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I was too young to have gotten into the series when it came out, but my first contact with the game was when my aunt got a SNES and bought Mortal Kombat alongside it. My mom did not allow me to get video games that were too violent, so I didn't own any of the MK games until I was 17, so my brother and I used to play that thing for HOURS on end. My cousin had 2 as well, and a friend of mine had UMK3 for Genesis. 2 of my other cousins would get the MK games starting from 4 until Deception. So I had a lot of ways to play the games, regardless.

When I did own my first MK game, it was MKA. My mom finally put our modem in my brother's room since we finally got a router, so we could play online whenever we wanted. I wanted to get better after seeing what competitive play was like for my own eyes, so I discovered MKC, where I learned of notable players such as Pig Of The Hut, m2dave, etc. So slowly, my brother and I learned what it was to play competitively...we must have logged well over 20000 matches each within the first year we played the game. Krayzie was the one who actually taught us how what we needed to know to Play to Win sometime after I had met him on the servers and joined his clan at the time. Had such fun times.

Sometime in that time period, I think shortly before MKDC dropped, I started learning UMK3 as I began learning a ton of games to expand myself as a player. Which is when I found UMK.com, where I met Tim Static, Shock, Juggs, ZAQ and a host of others. Then MKDC dropped, and MKU at the time was the place to be for info on it. That's where I met STORMS. From then on, this led to MKE, which turned into TYM, and the rest is history. :)

TL;DR I've been with the scene for almost 6 years and I've loved it all the way. You guys are like family lol.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My first contact with Mortal Kombat took place when I was five years old. My father owned a Sega Genesis and the first game. I'd watch him play and then when I held the controller, I'd try to emulate his playstyle. For a long time, I could never figure out how to activate the blood code or that secret menu where you could fuck with the game's mechanics, LOL.

When I was six, I made friends with a guy named Nathan from my hometown. We'd often visit each other's places to play games on his Super Nintendo, and MK2 was among them. Unfortunately he moved out and I've never heard from him again since. That was sixteen years back. :(

My contact with MK3/UMK3 was fairly minimal and I got to play it on a very small television set in the living room of my grandmother's place. I wasn't sure how they got it, but I didn't complain.

MK: Trilogy came to me on my PS1 when I was eight years old. Played the shit out of it. My aunt would join in at times, but we never could learn the mechanics, it was all casual.

Then along came the Sega Dreamcast, and with it, Mortal Kombat Gold (think of it as the UMK3 title to the fourth game for those who are clueless). But this time, my parents came down on the game for the gore it had and I was forced to turn off the blood...not that I cared, I never could learn how to do fatalities when I was only 9.

After the PS2 era began, my interests in MK began to wane, in favor of a never-ending wave of RPGs. Deadly Alliance and Deception came to pass and I never got them while I had an Xbox. However, a year after Armageddon landed, I decided to get it. Loved the Konquest mode, but never learned about the combo mechanics nor did I understand what Breakers were.

I got a PS3 in 2008, the same PS3 I still use to this very day...but no MK yet. My interest was based on an Internet forum where we could write and publish fictions for our favorite franchises in the world, be it from anime, books, games, you name it.

Then...well, without going into detail, something drastic happened and I needed some way to take my mind off of the emotional wounds. Guess what came along on September 20th, 2009?

Yep. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. And that one game was the start of my competitive career in fighting games, something I had never known I'd take a fancy to until it happened. Of course, I never went online until December 29th of that year, which is how I discovered the Playstation Network. From there, I went on to meet members of this community ( Krayzie was one of the first dudes I met, DAT RAIDEN) and eventually found MKU, which led me to TYM's previous incarnation, Mortal Kombat Empires.

A month before MK9 landed, I went back to MKU, but paid visits to TYM now and then. Once MK9 landed, I took an active approach in promoting the game through combo videos, going to tournaments, fraternizing amongst the members...and everything spiraled from there.

/end history lesson

Gee, I love talking about myself, don't I?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I first bought the game 2 weeks after it had came out. My first main was Smoke (and Scorpion, but everyone mained Scorpion back then.) I was unaware of how the game "worked". I didn't basic fighting game fundamentals because it was my first FG ever. Back then, you were only classified as a skilled player if you knew a lot of combos lol. I had a lot of trouble landing Smokes main launchers (3d12 and b23) so I dropped him.

One day, I was wasting time on youtube, when I saw a TylerLantern combo video. It amazed me. I quickly watched many more combo videos from him, because they were so damn awesome. However, one video he made changed my MK life. It was his "Reptile combo compilation". Seeing the 321 ED BnB for the first time was sooooo cool back then. He inspired me to pick up Reptile, and if I had never seen that video, I don't know who my main would have been.

So then I mained Reptile. Landing his 122 FFB BnB took me hours, and I mean HOURS on end to land. When I finally got it, I felt a huge sense of pride and satisfaction. However, I couldn't land than in a real match, so I kept playing Smoke online, and worked day and night on Reptile.

Come November, I wasn't into the game that much. I accidentally deleted my save data, and put the game away for a long time.

Come February, I was so bored of all my old games and was looking for one to play. Enter MK9. I decided to play it for a little bit to work on it. First character I tried in Practice Mode was Reptile. Once I remembered the inputs, I landed that thing 10 times in a row. I was amazed and picked that game right back up.

Around May, I met quandaghost in ranked. He played Scorpion, and he was daamn good. He whooped my ass, but he was nice about it. He invited me to a party, and a KOTH, and shared some tips on what and what not to do. He told me to stop playing randoms if I wanted to get better, instead, he said join a site called TYM. I was reluctant at first, but I started lurking on there.

I forget when, but I remembered there was a "Saturday Night Lagfest" tournament one night. Quan joined, and he said I should join the room and play casuals with people. First TYM'er I've ever played was STB Sgt Reed. He sent me a message saying "FT3?" and I didn't know what it meant lol. Quan explained to me what it meant, and we played. Reed beat me 3-0 with babies everywhere. I sent him a GG's message, and a FR. He sent back a GG's and accepted it. The next morning, I joined TYM, and met all of the wonderful people on here. If it hadn't been for quan, I'd still be playing ranked and not knowing the importance of a d1 and spacing.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
First Mortal Kombat game I played was MKII. It was my sister who got me into it (as well as video games in general). We mostly played MKII to find fatalities, follow the lore, and play each other. Of course, I always had to let her win. If I didn't, she would storm off. I remember getting MK3 at a local game store. Confused it with UMK3, so I was very disappointed. Did not get UMK3 until that following Christmas. Again, only played to follow the lore, play as all them cool ninjas, and discover fatalities.

Needless to say, I followed this series strictly for the story, but as new installments were released, I became increasingly disappointed. Got MK: Mythologies for the N64. Worst game I ever bought for that console. Got MK4. Found it very boring. After MK4, I gave up on this series, but I decided to give Deadly Alliance a chance several years after it came out because it was on sale for like 10 bucks. I fell in love due to the single-player content it contained, and emphasis on story--that, and I liked the gameplay waaaay more than MK4. Deception came out very shortly after I got MK:DA, so I immediately got it. Loved it. And later came Armageddon. It was the weakest of the three 3D games imo. Just disliked the path it went with the story--what happened to the One Being?! I actually wrote a very poorly written review for this game back in 2006, which can be read here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/931479-mortal-kombat-armageddon/reviews/review-106929

After Armageddon, I kind of gave up on this series. Seeing them jump the shark with MKvsDC just sent goosebumps of embarrassment down my spine. But eventually I saw a trailer for MK9; it seemed pretty cool. Truthfully, I was way more hyped for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and wanted that to be the first fighting game I actually learn how to properly play, but then I started reading all this praise MK9 was getting, and how it was going back to its roots. What really sold me, though, was the Story Mode. Apparently, it was a retelling of the MK1-MK3 storyline, and it contained more depth than any Story Mode seen in any other fighter. So naturally, I got it, and I fell in love with this game. I played Single-Player for a month before I decided to go online for shits and giggles. I was beating everyone in the beginners lobby, which felt awesome. This was the first game I had ever played online, and first one I became competitive in. I have NEVER in my life consistently played a game for as much time as I played MK9. Unfortunately, my love for this game turned into an unhealthy obsession, so I retired and have vowed to never play a game online again. =D

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Mortal Kombat 1, Sega Mega Drive, day one fools.

Okay, yeah, it was my parent's copy, and I didn't really learn how to play it until like 1996 when I was 3 or 4, I'll do a proper write-up when I can be bottomed.

Justice

Noob
Wow. Where to begin. I guess I should begin at the beginning :D

I have been a gamer as long as I can remember from when I was like 6 and playing Pong at my uncle's house on his machine that had dials on the console (no controllers here ;)). All this machine did was play Pong and it was glorious :D On top of that, he had it hooked up to a projector so we were playing Pong on a 5' screen with 1' paddles!

Growing up, we always had games around from my sister's Atari 2600 to my Commodore VIC20 and my Intellivision II (with Intellivoice natch ;)). Later, I would buy an NES, SNES etc. but we are drifting off topic here.

I actually started my fighting game career with Street Fighter; the one with only Ken and Ryu playable and the half-hour fireball input. In arcades. Also at this time was NEO GEO with the stellar Samurai Showdown and World Heroes. Not to mention Killer Instinct. Ahh, those were the days.

Then one fine day in high school, the new games came out in the arcade just down the street from my school. Little did I know the cataclysm that would be unleashed in my life at that time. I was playing SF2 - CE and Virtua Fighter (how I miss those blocks rofl) and suddenly, there was this odd game machine with weird characters on the cabinet called Mortal Kombat. After that, I still played SF cuz some of my friends were, but my heart (and the rest of my friends) were with MK. Those were the days. Sitting there in the arcade trying to figure out the fatalities, special moves, etc. and raging out over the endurance matches and Goro. I played everyone, but "mained" Scorpion.

Then MK 2 came out and what a blast that was. I even remember the vanilla version where Sub Zero had this ultra-freeze move that looked like little blue twinkles all over his opponent but it was like a time-freeze move and you were totally boned if you got caught in it. The first patch removed that move from the game rofl. Once again, there we all were figuring out the fatalities, friendhips and everything else we could in the game. At this point though, I had no friends and the other players wouldn't share tech with anyone not in thier circle so it was harder to get knowledge. I originally picked Sheeva as my main but she was so frustrating to win with that I switched to Kitana (loved the Birthday Cake Friendhip anyway ;)). This was also the first time I had heard of visiting BBSs to get info on the game even though I myself wouldn't have internet access for many years after.

MK3 came out and I was really put off by the addition of the run button. I didn't play it much, especially after getting bodied by Jade and her epic Run button shenanigans. My girlfriend's son had Trilogy but I didn't get into it so much. Somehow I missed MK4 entirely.

Then came the 3d era. I loved the games but the stance changes got to be a little too much for me. I still own and love these games, but they don't feel like MK to me. Being a huge fan of Archon back in the day, I loved MK Chess. I played the hell out of that and I still consider that to be the best sub-game ever.

It was also during this era where I first discovered online gaming. I was playing Everquest Online Adventures on my ps2 when Deception was released and was excited to have the online so I could play with other people again! That wore off quick. I was sooo bad that I was playing online (I had decided to main Mileena) and I was playing this one dood that bodied me so bad after a number of matches I would rematch then put the controller down (I played MUCH better when I wasn't holding the controller :'(). I feel bad for the guy now as he seemed willing to play me as long as I gave an effort. When he clued in that I wasn't trying anymore, he didn't accept my rematch (and the free wins). Back then I was annoyed that he didn't want my free wins but now I understand better. Anyway, I do believe that was the LAST time I went online with MK until MK9.

Fast forward some more to MK9. I bought this game and it felt soo much like back in the arcade days of MK with better graphics. Partly due to this and the lack of funds many of us experience these days, I decided to devote time into actually learning this game instead of playing it for a month, putting it on the shelf and whining because I can't afford a new game. This led me to an online search for movelists, tech, etc. And guess what I found in my search? That's right! You guessed it! TYM.

Now to put things in perspective, I'm a little boy from Guelph, Ontario Canada with little internet access until the last few years when I finally broke down and bought a computer. So coming here was earth-shattering to me in more ways than one. I didn't know that there was a "tournament scene" anywhere for any game. I always suspected that there would be but didn't know about it until I came here. I had no knowledge of Philly and the things going on until I read about it years after it died due to the 3d era. This knowledge led me to Toronto, NeoRussell and all of the wonderful players there, and DarkTrax and MKU. Yes, I am a proud member of BOTH sites. Bring it if you dare.

Now even though the fundage is still limited, I support my scene where I can and go to as many tournaments as I can. One of the biggest joys of my life was meeting jamessmk; probably the only member of this community more OG than me.

I just want to say a quick thank you to everyone in the MK community for helping this textbook scrub rise above scrubbiness into a player that's better than I ever thought I'd be.

I would also like to apologize to that player I scrubbed out all those years ago in Deception. If you remember that shitty Mileena just know that I did eventually learn my lesson.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
My dad used to take my sister and me to the arcade every weekend (when I was like 5), and my dad and I would play MK for HOURS. The MK cabinet was always PACKED with people, and back then, you always had to line a quarter up on the cabinet bezel to hold your spot in line (I never understood this cuz how do you know it's your quarter lol). Well, one day, we noticed that the MK machine was dead, so my dad and I were stoked but were kind of curious why everyone was gone. That's when we noticed MKII over in the other corner with TONS of people surrounding it. Now, MK1 was awesome, but MKII as a kid blew me the FUCK away. Seeing a ninja chick throwing fans, another one throwing sai, and just the updated, fantastic graphics instantly made me obsessed with the series. It helped that MKII was an absolute monster for the arcades. We had an arcade here that had the hacked version on a huge projector (Johnny Cage always has a red shadow and can do an unlimited number of decapitation uppercuts lol). From that point on, I've been obsessed with MK. The only Genesis games I owned were Sonic 2 (came with the system), MK1, MKII, and MK3. I pretty much ONLY wanted the N64 for MK:T. I own almost every MK game in one way or another, and I think I have like 8 versions of MKII (Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, PS2, 2 on PS3 lol, MAME, PSP). Soooo to see MK back in the spotlight again with MK9 has been something that I've really enjoyed.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I have always loved this and the Street Fighter series. My brothers, and 5 cousins who used to live in the neighborhood would play those games until we had to go home. We would practice and come up with crazy stuff. I got into wanting to fighting games competitively around street fighter Alpha 3, but didn't know how to do it, or if it were even things like that for the game. I got to really compete when I went to Itt Tech where my school made a gaming club, and I was playing Soul calibur 4, ssf4, and Halo 3. People really liked to play me, and taught them some stuff to make them better at playing the games. Then I met my community in South Carolina, and played in my first tournament were I place around 5th for SSF4. I had never looked at a character forum or anything so people were really amazed that I knew how to play, and how to handle some situations. Then MK came out, and only a couple of my community members played it. Eventually we stopped holding tourneys in Columbia so I traveled to other places to play MK. I have always placed, but never won a tournament for it. I got an apartment with a fellow MK player, and would run casual sessions at the house, but that too came down. Eventually I met Joker8417, and online I met people like STB Sgt Reed before he was stb, booty slaya, boot knocka, forever swagg, forever king, red djinn, Chongo Is Free. I have made alot friend while playing this game, and have taught alot of people how to play, and how to get better. I have never in my life loved playing a game so much, or devoted as much time into any other game.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I starred playing mk right after mk1 came out on the pc. It was amazing, all the blood and gore, i was hooked. My friend streefsweep and I would frequent a local arcade called pocket change at a mall about a fifteen minute drive to play mk2. Our parents hated it cause we only wanted to play, play, play xD. Mortal kombat 3 cam out and i liked it alot, then umk3 and trilogy on the home systems (I played trilogy on n64) and even played mk 4 for a while. I didnt like the 3d mks and felt a little betrayed. So time passed and i lived a joyless fatality free existence. Then about six months before mk9 came out we heard about the release of mk9. I was fucking stoked! And when i heard they were going back to 2d i knew all would be right with the world again. Streetsweep and i eagerly awaited the release of the game and did nothing but talk about what we had seen and speculate how amazing this game would be. Then they released the demo on psn. We played until like four in the morning it was the best day of my life followed immediately by the worst day of my life cause my mema died :( my brother kicked in my door about six am too tell me. So i didn't play much of the demo after that. The game came out and I missed the release cause of my girl at the time. But then i found tym. I lurked and lurked till just after evo 2011 when i finally joined. streetsweep and i started to take the game seriously, but could only level up so much playing just each other and online. We found some people in from pittsburg and meadville area to play (friction burnz, infradead ect) then we found out about steel valley kombat in youngstown and started going to those meet ups (rookieoftheyear, thtb,macewind) we arrended a few majors (winter brawl, mlg columbus) and after that we decided to go to evo 2012. Then we found out about console combat and started attending those regularly. We met Michaelangelo there and a great friendship was forged. He even ended up living with us basically for a while. Went to evo, made it out of my pool (that might not seem like much but its the highlight of my mk career so far to me lol). Me and streetsweep kept leveling up and learning more about the game at our svk meetups and coco. Then we went to seasons beatings and got bodied lol. I would like to go to nec but dont think ill have the funds, so it looks like my next tourney will be frosty faustings i think. I live this game and this community. I thank all of you for being so awesome. Keep playing this game, not for the money, but because its fun.