What's new

Your Mains Pre Release And Now.

ErmacMKX

Noob
Curious to see how peoples mains have changed from who they thought they'd use before the game came out to now. Before the game came out I was expecting my mains to be

1. Noob
  2. Erron
  3. Geras
2 months later my mains are
  1. Erron
  2. Noob
  3. Jax
If they do Spawn correctly he'd definitely will be my top guy. Overall no major changes for me.

Last edited:

K3M1K4l

Banned
  1. Liu kang
  2. Sub zero
Now:
  1. Johnny cage
  2. Kabal
  3. Frost
Honestly, just buying my time until Johnny gets a buff or a dlc character I like drops.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Pre-Release... I was planning to run Scarlet.... Once the entire roster was out I was main'n Shao Khan.

I just couldn't get into Scarlet for some reason. I think she failed to capture my preconceptions of the character. Like Kano for example.. all his moves and personality match who I perceive that character is. Scarlet on the other hand just didn't have that X-Factor for me. I was disappointed she wasn't super brutal and hardcore. I mean the blood shower fatality is what I think of when I think of her. She to me should be like Shao Khan.. every move should look absolutely brutal. So I didn't really like her design at the conceptual level, and even worse I didn't really like it on a gameplay level either. It just felt flat to me. Like she doesn't seem to do anything cool at all. She was by far the top of my wish list to return so it was a bitter pill.. but sometimes you just don't click with how a character plays in a new MK. Maybe next time.

I'm feeling like a change, probably after the Kup ends. I think I will try out Cage, Sonya, Frost or Radian next.

I'm hoping that Sindel will be aces. She is currently the one I hope to main in the end form the entire roster + leak.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Pre-release I had a lot of contenders, such as Shao Kahn, Kotal Kahn, Baraka, Kabal, Noob, and Shang Tsung once they were announced. During the stress test/Beta I mained Baraka.

Since release I pretty much only played Kotal, but I have been playing Tsung exclusively since he came out last week.

Jax has been my guy since MK2 so he is my main I guess you could say. I will say I'm expermenting more with this MK though. Been using some Geras and just now trying out Baraka. There are a lot of characters that are fun to use in this game so its hard to pick a definite main.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
pre launch:
  1. Sonya
  2. Kitana
  3. Cassie
Launch:
  1. Sonya
  2. Skarlet
Now:
  1. Skarlet
  2. Jacqui
it's funny, I thought I would have NEVER played Jacqui after MKX, and Skarlet after MK9.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Image:

This is a post from the Kano Thread, page 4, right after his first cinematic appearance pre-release, March 6th 2019.
Since then I've still been absolutely obsessed and loyal to him.

I don't plan on ever having a secondary.

I play Kano. Only Kano. For me, MK11 = Kano: The Game

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Before release: scorpion, rayden, shao, kotal
Stress-test and beta test: scorpion all variations + misery blade
Now: scorpion all variations and raiden

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Image:

This is a post from the Kano Thread, page 4, right after his first cinematic appearance pre-release, March 6th 2019.
Since then I've still been absolutely obsessed and loyal to him.

I don't plan on ever having a secondary.

I play Kano. Only Kano. For me, MK11 = Kano: The Game
lol. I planned on playing Kano too, but I picked up Shao Akhn and for me MK11 is Shao Kahn: The conquering of the realms (where I try to conquer all bs top tiers with him). I play Shao from the start and don't think of switching one bit.

D

Deleted member 35141

Good idea for a thread I had a similar idea cause personally I have been kind of let down character wise.

Johnny was never going to change but
1.Liu looked awesome during first reveal until I realized he was a 1 string wonder.
2.Sub imo not as fun as his mk9 mkx counterparts
3.Lao looks like the same Lao from past games but plays very different.
4.Black pre gameplay reveal I had a very different moveset in mind for him then came his reveal turned off immediately.
5.Jax awesome gameplay reveal and is my current 2nd most used

Honestly the ranked variations killed all the hyped things I saw during the gameplay reveals. I need to just use custom variations as I don't plan on being a pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Pre release I was planning to main
Scorpion
Kabal

Now:
Jax
Shang?
Skarlet?

Didn't really dig Kabal too much and Scorp didn't really feel the same for me tho. Jax I ended up really loving and Skarlet and Shang I've fucked with for a good while and seriously considering trying to find chances to use Shang more and get comfortable with him

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
It’s funny how I feel, personally, a lot of characters do not play like their old counter parts

1. Kitana
  2. Jacqui
  3. Skarlet
Are there more to add to this?

Pre launch expectations:

1. Kung Lao
  2. Kabal
  3. Noob or Johnny Cage
Now:

1. Kung Lao

Honestly tho, I'm the type of player that can only use one true main. Once i start learning other characters - I instantly forget how to play my first main. And I end up sucking at playing both lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Pre-launch -

1- Cetrion
2- Kano
3- Jacqui
4- Skarlet

Post-launch -

1- Cetrion exclusively

Current -

1- Cetrion exclusively
2- Starting to mix in Cassie and Kabal

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
pre release : Cetrion, Sonya, Skarlet, Sub-Zero and Raiden

now: Sonya, Skarlet, Liu Kang and Jacqui

and I pretend to use Sindel as main once she comes out as DLC ! :D

DTruth

Noob
Pre Launch:
Jacqui
Skarlet
Jax

Now:
Kung Lao
Baraka

This is my first MK game so I had no idea what I was getting into. So far Kung Lao is the only character I wont drop.