What's new

Guide - Reptile Your Guide To Defeating Reptile (In Depth)

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Soo..this ongoing trend lately to make reptile look mid tier is because people actually lose vs Reptile with top tiers or just making sure everyone knows he needs buffs?

Bane tier here i come. 5 days left.

Also, let me add a tl;dr guide as well:

1. Any kind of nimble activation -> armor time into 40%
2. Any stagger whatsoever -> your turn
3. There is nothing plus in anything that the character will ever do. +2 is not plus in MKX
No. This is to point out all the weaknesses of Reptile for people who have trouble fighting him.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
This guide is a reason to quit mkx or stop playing reptile.

forceballs are almost punishable from everywhere on the screen

here is a video :

there should be an entire section in op devoted to how Punishable Forceballs are everywhere on screen and all his Punishable Moves, Gaps and all, but i reccomend adding videos. those who have PS4 should be able to do this 20X's easier than Xbox One Users. you know the dredded One Drive Method that takes half your life to upload.

Tweedy

Noob
I feel like at a high level Reptile's should only use B1D4 as a stagger, to bait a jump or something, or to use as an armor trap.

If it lands it has enough hit advantage to jail into a 50/50.

B1D4 xx forceball is just too risky considering how reactable it is offline. Online I guess it's still dope, if you're playing in over 100 ping.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
It catches jumpers and people who like to hit you before the forceball comes out
i think Reptile is a great strong character. but i can see why Reptile mains would want a few changes, even maybe different strings or options for B1D4 or others, so its not as punishable and could have a guessing game built in. like and Extension that is high or Mid and plus or something. so they don't just assume a special cancel is coming on end and punish. things like that. even make Forceballs less punishable full screen. i mean damn. not downplaying i know he is great and strong, but it would be very cool to see more.
#bring back MK9 NJP combos :)

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
How to defeat Reptile: Let NRS take away his armor launcher so we dont have to deal with Klaw on block into EX Klaw. :DOGE

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I'm sure now that all the cages, takedas, grandmasters, liu kangs and dvorahs that weren't alowed to infinite block string reptile into oblivion because of the armor now can enjoy the 10-0 matchup.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I feel like at a high level Reptile's should only use B1D4 as a stagger, to bait a jump or something, or to use as an armor trap.

B1D4 xx forceball is just too risky considering how reactable it is offline. Online I guess it's still dope, if you're playing in over 100 ping.
i use it mostly as a gimmick b1 pause b2 or b1 pause b34 or even b1 pause grab :). It depends on my enemy though :p

Reactions: D7X

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X

Yeah I really agree. Good players punish that string like hell against me. I try my best to make them scared to punish and armor out though

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
there should be an entire section in op devoted to how Punishable Forceballs are everywhere on screen and all his Punishable Moves, Gaps and all, but i reccomend adding videos. those who have PS4 should be able to do this 20X's easier than Xbox One Users. you know the dredded One Drive Method that takes half your life to upload.
i added gaps yesterday. Im was planning on making a forceball section but never got around to it