What's new

Your game is the property of NRS

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
People seem to forget that. So when MK 10/2/X or whatever the next MK game is called comes out, people should learn respect and appreciate that there is a new MK game in their hands.

But they won't.

People will bitch. Because the game doesn't play how they want it to. It doesn't matter that people have their own agendas of financial gain from gambling due to a +/- block string on money matches.

I play Mortal Kombat because I love it. It's been part of my life for the last 21 years.
Other people play it to see what they can get out of it. The problem is when people who play it for their own gain, start valuing their own opinions, based upon fact or not, and start dictating to NRS how they think the game should be.

That is wrong and it needs to stop.

ESP_-Mystique

Misanthropic Persona
People seem to forget that. So when MK 10/2/X or whatever the next MK game is called comes out, people should learn respect and appreciate that there is a new MK game in their hands.

But they won't.

People will bitch. Because the game doesn't play how they want it to. It doesn't matter that people have their own agendas of financial gain from gambling due to a +/- block string on money matches.

I play Mortal Kombat because I love it. It's been part of my life for the last 21 years.
Other people play it to see what they can get out of it. The problem is when people who play it for their own gain, start valuing their own opinions, based upon fact or not, and start dictating to NRS how they think the game should be.

OMG. Someone with common sense. I was starting to think it was extinct. A lot of people are not going to understand what you're talking about. Prepare to be condemned to spend the rest of your life in Latveria , I have been here for 5yrs already.

If the NRS games NTR has bought are the property of NRS. Then NRS can have them back. NTR will spend his money on worth while games like GTA and TLOU etc. Real games that are fun to play and worth every penny.

trufenix

bye felicia
People want what they want. The game will be judged on its own merits. If it doesn't suck, it will endure and we will adapt. If it does, people will let it die. There will be complaints either way.

DarkPage

Noob
Well with all the nerfs and buffs people asked for, is pretty close to the buffs and nerfs we actually got. Interactable stage nerfs people complained about, scorpion. Push block. Not even gonna include each individual character. All in all led to the game we got now where most would agree its a pretty good game and is more alive than ever.

SZSR

Noob
Well with all the nerfs and buffs people asked for, is pretty close to the buffs and nerfs we actually got. Interactable stage nerfs people complained about, scorpion. Push block. Not even gonna include each individual character. All in all led to the game we got now where most would agree its a pretty good game and is more alive than ever.
Including random bugs likeclash on Harley b3 and the pushblock bug on alternate controls.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

But they won't.

lol, back to block and injustice like requesters lol

Noob
I think the point of this thread, in a nutshell, is "Games are created in the vision of the developer, not in the vision of the player", which, in essence, is a true statement.

I don't think that can be argued.

I also don't think you can argue that the input of players holds high value to the developers. This helps developers refine and polish their vision. It is definitely cyclical in nature, and I think that most competitive video games follow this general cycle, whether they are FG's, FPS, Sports, etc. The dev makes a game, the players complain/make suggestions to make the sequel/next version/next patch a better game, then the devs learn from their original vision and build upon that to make the sequel better, and the players complain/make suggestions to help refine it again.

Now, if you're talking in a software sense, at no time do you "own" your game. In the case of purchasing a disc, you own a physical disc, but what you've actually paid for a license. Regardless of the media that your license is distributed by (physical or digital), you still only have purchased a license to play the game legally.