What's new

Your Favorite Match Up?

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
So read'em n weep ladies & gentlemen. What is your favorite MU to play & why? Is it the most fun, most fast paced, most methodical, or just it soothes you?

For me it's Ronin Takeda Vs Flame Fist Liu Kang.

The plus frames
The mind games
The oki
The cancels
The reads you have to make on when it's "your turn"
And it's a fast paced in your face MU.

Close 2nd
Spectral Ermac Vs HQT Predator

Floating over scoops, scimitar slams, lasers, and earning the win over his stupid dash cancels it's just too rewarding and well. When HQT players get salty it's irony at its finest.

How bout yall

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Imposter Shinnok vs Reptile
Imposter Shinnok vs Kotal Kahn

The first one I love because of how creative you can get with the Force Ball set-ups. The second I love just because of how bad it is for Kotal lol.

Cybernetic vs Demolition or Covert Ops Sonya is pretty fun for me. Kano's anti air options ensure that Sonya can never jump in for free but Sonya's divekick makes throwing knives midscreen risky.

Cassie mirrors are also really fun since b12 is punishable by flip kick.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Hollywood vs Grandmaster. The most challenge matchup of mine. On paper Hollywood easily wins but...I can't do iagun consistently so the Ice Clone becomes a real pain in the ass.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Gotta say that Summoner Quan Chi Vs my Liu Kang is absolutely a blast to play. It made me a much better player overall, it has teached me to be even more patient and to focus like never before. I hope Summoner doesn't get nerfed ever.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Reptile vs Blood God or Quan (Warlock excluded)

Due to their lack of wakeup/armor options, I'm able to play Reptile using extremely high pressure which ya just can't do in most other MUs.

Other than that, Imposter vs Kotal, Quan Chi, and Ermac. Because vortex shenanigans.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Kano vs kotal

Its just a fun MU because each character has good footises and space control so you both have to make good reads

Special shout outs to @STB Hellbringer and @KHTC Rated for the kotal experience
So whose b1 shenanigans reign supreme?

Hollywood vs Grandmaster. The most challenge matchup of mine. On paper Hollywood easily wins but...I can't do iagun consistently so the Ice Clone becomes a real pain in the ass.
Hm. Flip kick vs ice klone somehow I get the feeling Cassie and Sub Players both get salty in this one.

Grandmaster vs blood god:DOGE

But seriously grandmaster vs pumped up jax is fun for both players. Dragons fire vs grandmaster, kano vs cage also.
Seems like Grandmaster is making it into a LOT of favorite MUs. As well as most hated. So polarizing the Lin Kuei is.

Gotta say that Summoner Quan Chi Vs my Liu Kang is absolutely a blast to play. It made me a much better player overall, it has teached me to be even more patient and to focus like never before. I hope Summoner doesn't get nerfed ever.
Someone

Likes fighting Summoner?

*Cue "We Made it" in the jukebox*

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Thunder God vs Grandmaster

This matchup more or less equal, as both have crazy corner game, and in my opinion match each other in the neutral, as well as Raiden be able to shut down the clone on reaction.

Second for me are Grandmaster mirrors. The pace of the match gets slowed down considerably, and it's just a game of wits and seeing who makes the first mistake. The most intense matches I've had have been during these matchups, so I definitely have to include that.

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
Shaolin Kung Jin vs. Tempest Kung Lao.

I feel like a lot of people pick lao just because he's good and they think it will make them good. They just pressure pressure pressure and freak out and I love shutting them down

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
@Doctor Rektangle

To be honest I think kotals b1 is probably better he gets more out of it I think. Kano can stagger with his b1 to but kotals is a lot deadlier

If only cutthroat could have the b1string but make it f1 :D

......I can dream

Any games against these characters are my favorite;

Johnny Cage
Kung lao
Other liu kangs

I call it the "Keep the tradition going" squaaaaad!!!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
High Tech Jacqui vs. Quan(Summoner or Sorcceror)

It's so fun to see Quan have to put up with bullshit for once.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Pumped Up Jax vs. War God Kotal.

It's amazing how many people like facing Kotal Khan. I think it is because he is a relatively fair character. Whenever I face a good Kotal, I feel like the winner or loser of the match was decided by who plays the best, rather than character dirt or unfamiliarity.

Plus, I love zoning him the fuck out :)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Cage vs Kotal is fun for me

It forces me to use all tools of fundementalst to win rather than the usual frame trap opponents to death

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Bone Shaper Shinnok vs Summoner Quan Chi. It's all about who can get their shenanigans started and all a mind game.

Blood God/Sun God Kotal Kahn vs Jax. This match up is just fun overall.

Cybernetic Kano vs Venomous D'Vorah.... Because I can zone that bitch out so she won't approach me with those STD fingers.