What's new

Your Best Moments of 2012

Are you ready for 2013?

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My, how time flies...we are now in the final month of the year of 2012. Within weeks, 2013 will be upon us. So as we stand upon the thresholds of a new year, let us take a moment to reflect upon our experiences from the past year.

Which moments of 2012 were the most memorable to you? And are you ready for 2013? Let's see the posts, I'm sure they'll be entertaining.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, TYM!

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Fixing my sleep schedule, going to the gym early mornings, and learning how to manage myself has made the second half of 2012 quite pleasant, as I can do many things without worrying about other objectives. Faded Dreamerz the 5th is no longer nocturnal.

First half of 2012 sucked. But at least I played MK during that time...

More changes will come in 2013, and I can't wait.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Easy.
Fighting a member from TYM who plays on the competitive Scene was the most memorable moment for me, the visit of NeoRussell in Angola, even if we only stay with him for 3 hours, it was like a dream come true, and i hope it doesn't stays or dies it here, because now i know exactly what i'm capable of and how i really need to be on a U.S tournament

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Anaheim was really fun, anytime I play offline with my friends is awesome. Joining the 88s and getting to know everyone in it has been awesome. Also fuck the holidays Blake. Ill throw coal at you.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'll list a few of mine right now.

1. Meeting TylerLantern in person for the first time after we'd been talking through the Internet and MK for almost three years now.
2. Reuniting with my community again at MLG Dallas while meeting the new faces.
3. Winning the Uppercut Circuit 2012 down in Dallas with Sonya Blade, even if the turnout wasn't too large in numbers.
4. Commentating the MLG Dallas PSN tournaments held by Pig Of The Hut.
5. Taking home the win for my Crazy 88's in King of Clans 2011 (winks at Solo).

anaheim was the hypest mlg tourney, brady vs denzell and tyrant vs cd jr mirror matches were one of the best matches ever. and PL coming back after everyone knew he would go into the lab and he actually 3-0'd junior back was crazy, there is no way you can make a more hype comeback. it basically meant they woke up the lion. curbolicious coming out of nowhere at colombus and beating pl and cd was hype as well. I think the hype was at its highest point at anaheim.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Lets see. . .

Top 5 Good moments:
  • Moving in with my new girl into our awesome oceanfront apartment. Nothing like falling asleep listening to foghorns in the distance.
  • Developing myself professionally in my target field (electrical engineering). The running sum of everything I have learned in this year has been breathtaking and exciting.
  • Taking the time to scout a local scene for MK. Since this is the only game I play, its nice to break free of the shitty online scene and become part of a group of people that you can actually learn matchups in. A sidebar in this is that I have taken 1st and 2nd place at several locals. So I guess I would sum this up by saying I have been validated in this game. I'm not free to jumping offline =)
  • It hasnt happened yet, but I am going to propose to my girl soon, so maybe I am being a bit presumptuous, but that will likely qualify as one of the best moments of the year.
  • Finally taking the time to just sit back and enjoy my life, specifically taking the time to enjoy my local community and get involved in things. Something as simple as a bottle of wine with sandwiches by the lighthouse with my girl watching a sunset is a breath of fresh air

Top 5 bad things:
  • When my microelectronics professor shattered my dreams by telling my that teleportation will probably never happen. If you care for an explanation, feel free, but im too depressed to write it here.
  • When my best friend from california moved out here to Newport, RI and I havent seen him more than 1 time a month. . . Its a bit of a weird situation. I have a feeling his marriage isnt as strong as he thought it was =(
  • NOT getting a grant from the state because my income was too high last year (75K). . . I actually quit that job to go to school full time so the previous year did not come close to reflecting my actual income. This shit limited me to top ramen for quite some time
  • The winter season (jan-feb) was absolute shit and we got no snow. Most new englanders like this, but I am an avid snowboarder, and I found this to be ass. I also enjoy sitting at my local coffee shop and watching the snow fall. . .
  • This year will be the first time I alone have to deal with my girls brother dying. He died in december (around the 19th), and I will be shouldering the burden of comfort. I am up to the task though.
On a final note, the reason I picked up freddy is because of her brother. He was a huge fan, so I picked him up as a tribute to him at a tournament. Turns out, he is pretty badass!

-Cheers

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Maaaaan, one particular moment of comedy I remember is this:

When I was one of MKU's moderators and we had the old layout, I would edit people's shouts just for my own amusement. One particular edit that sticks out is this...

xKhaoTikx - "dont edit my shouts!"

I take my magic finger and rework it into...

KhaoTik: "Don't edit my shouts! Edit my sexuality instead!"

LMAAAAAAAO

ryublaze

Noob
- Graduating from my crappy high school
- Playing MK9 offline for the first time with Slips, IKizzLE, piemaster, Israel, JodaTheGreat
- Getting promoted to Skarlet moderator and A squad of my clan
- College life and meeting the most awesome people compared to my old friends
- Getting my first acoustic guitar
- Surviving the end of the world

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
My shitty memory forgot if Toryuken was this year or last year.If it was this year, then that was an awesome moment.If not, then it's...idk.Nothing going on for me MK-wise.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
2013 is almost here, guys, better share your moments while you can!

I have another one...mistaking Lulzlou for REO when I played him on his LBSH_KUH_BAWL tag. He literally flew into the clouds when I said that. ;)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
1. Being allowed to commentate on streams for both Winter Brawl and NEC this year.
2. Taking second place in MK2 at NEC; nearly winning the whole thing.