What's new

Your Best and Worst Moments of MK9

These threads are always a bit of fun, so I figured I'd make one for MK. What are the best and worst moments you've had while playing this game?
My best moment thus far was probably unlocking the hidden boss fight against Noob Saibot and beating him on my first try. It was a pretty epic 3 round fight.
My worst moment came after spending the first 3 days after getting the game wondering why I couldn't do Reptile's slide consistently, only to finally realize I was doing the wrong motion. :doh:

Best: Making it on to the Peaceful Jay stream when Skarlet came out.

Worst: Taking 6 hours of retries to beat Shao Kahn in the story.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Best: Finally figuring out why I was having trouble doing Cage's corner 41% combo consistently
Worst: Finding out that my thumbs are just too slow to do Cage's dash combos at all. (dash bp dash bp dash bp) Had to switch to a stick to be able to do it.

nyght87

Noob
Best: When i joined a random koTH room and beat the guy that was #1 on the player match leaderboard, and then him leaving the room right after me beating him lol. I was pretty proud of myself :)

Worst: When they came out with the patch that accompanied the release of Skarlet making the klassic costumes unable to be used with many people :(

BEST MOMENT IS LOSING TO PEOPLE WAY BETTER THEN ME AND LEARNING FROM MY MISTAKES AND WINNING.
WORST IS LOSING TO SOMEBODY I SHOULDNT BE...

DIRTY

Noob
Best: First time I played, Glanced at my friends list and saw almost 20 people playing king of the hill. ( F#@K YEAH, I thought to myself. )

Worst: When I actually played online. :(

best is when I land a combo for high damage or end a match with an combo into x-ray and beating hard matchups like Kang vs Sub Zero or noob. Hate mail:evil:
Worst is when i get knocked out of a ex armor move on wake up and end up losing. Losing and not learning why.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I remember a Noob player having no pixels and coming back and beating me. I had like 70% health. I hit him with a crouching forward kick but it did nothing. :(

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Best: Enjoying a match with a player on or above my skill level (always leads to fun and learning how to do things) :)

Worst: Playing scrubs (and somehow losing), fighting shao kahn and his cheap AI, and getting the SHEEIT shocked outta me at random times in the krypt :( I was hoping that, ever since deception's krypt that they would NOT do that!!! >.> had the volume up and everything...

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Best: When I used Quan-Chi and flawlessed some asshole who went on to send me a message about how I was a tier-whore.
Worst: Getting lagged out during stomp spam from Sheeva in the next fight.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Best: Being flown to Chicago to balance test the game

Worst: Not having enough time to actually play and learn matchups (aka get better)

Dark_Rob

Noob
Best: Having alot of super talented players in my area(Reo,Classy Sasquatch,Riu48,Scoot Magee etc etc.) who push me and make me better. And doing pretty good at ECT3.

Worst: Dont really have one. Its been a fun ride so far.

McNasty

Moist.
best: getting better fundamentals and playing offline almost exclusively.

worst: xbox dying a month out from evo or not signing up for pdp : (

Kombo

Noob
Best Moment: Buying the game and playing people that are better than me so I can improve.

Worst Moment: Not being fortunate enough to live in a big scene to go to casuals and tournaments to get better and meet awesome player in the real. :(

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Best Moment: ECT3 GTGE.

Worst Moment: The influx of reptile players after recent success with the character. STOP OVERUSING THIS GUY!

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
My favorite moments are when I am sub zero and am fighting sub zero online. This especially when I faced the number 1 in ranked matches in Xbl with my sub zero against his. He won 6 matches, me getting a few rounds and some damage through all of them. But I finally beat him once. It was glorious.

My worst moment would be those matches where zoners completely shut you down. Im looking at you Kabal and Kung Lao.

I just had kind of a two-in-one:
Worst: Spent about an hour and a half trying to unlock the hidden boss fight against Jade and kept screwing it up (Didn't know you couldn't go back to player select without winning the match first, didn't know you couldn't lose at all, etc.) But then when I finally got a double flawless on Shang Tsung, I screwed up the fatality. Needless to say, I was pissed...
Best: ...But then it took me to the Jade fight anyway. Apparently you don't need to do the fatality, even though every single guide I've read said you do. Needless to say, I was quite happy. lol

mingzang

Master of Disaster
Best: Liu Kang died in Story Mode :banana: !!!
Worst: 300 challenges , and then i got nude Mileena ... Thanks NRS >_> ...

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Best - Finally landing my 48% Kitana BnB online!

Worst - Losing to scrubs, specifically Raiden port spammers. I know its coming and still I fail! :(

Best- defeating both of my friends together in a tag match with one character when they were showing off saying how good they were

Worst- losing to predictable stuff online due to input delay..

Best- 1st time playing hyper Kombat Raiden with my friend.
Worst- Playing against Chris Blad and his Raiden spam antics.