What's new

Strategy Your Batman Strategy

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
What strategies do you use when playing Batman?

There are a ton of amazing combos to throw out on people over in the combo thread, but I find the best way to go about dealing damage is to always have one bat out at a time and release it as you're making your move in. I also prefer to end most combos with B23 to move out in mid-range to zone a bit and let a bat recharge.

So, what are your strategies when approaching a match as the Dark Knight?

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
It's a shame that no one has posted in this thread. I was contemplating starting a similar thread but saw yours already up. Hit me up in a conversation and let's discuss in further detail. I main Bats and Aquaman.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
It's a shame that no one has posted in this thread. I was contemplating starting a similar thread but saw yours already up. Hit me up in a conversation and let's discuss in further detail. I main Bats and Aquaman.
Gotcha. I added you on Live too. Let me type out my strategies.

I wish there were more people in the Batman forum these days.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Gotcha. I added you on Live too. Let me type out my strategies.

I wish there were more people in the Batman forum these days.
Agreed. Lately I've been analyzing how I use Batman and also watching some players on Twitch TV. I have a lot of great takeaways. What other characters are you rolling with?

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
My strategy changes for each match up. I play super rush down against characters with weaker anti-air/wake up options, play patient against crap like Doomsday, Raven, and GL. Play mid to close range against Superman, full screen eyebeams is annoying to deal with. If I have two or more bats on deck, I launch them and rush in for a cross up/mix ups. After a B.23, I always rush in no matter what type of character. I prefer being on them and scaring them of mix-ups then chip. Here's something I also started to do if my opponent is low on health, after a B.23 I call bats and release them while they're still teching then throw batarangs and MB them for a good chunk of chip.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
My strategy changes for each match up. I play super rush down against characters with weaker anti-air/wake up options, play patient against crap like Doomsday, Raven, and GL. Play mid to close range against Superman, full screen eyebeams is annoying to deal with. If I have two or more bats on deck, I launch them and rush in for a cross up/mix ups. After a B.23, I always rush in no matter what type of character. I prefer being on them and scaring them of mix-ups then chip. Here's something I also started to do if my opponent is low on health, after a B.23 I call bats and release them while they're still teching then throw batarangs and MB them for a good chunk of chip.
When you knock someone down, do you prefer to bait a wake-up and go into a string? And if so, what strings do you use?

Or do you like to try and stuff wake-ups? I'm not even sure if Batman has the tools for this.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
When you knock someone down, do you prefer to bait a wake-up and go into a string? And if so, what strings do you use?

Or do you like to try and stuff wake-ups? I'm not even sure if Batman has the tools for this.
I try to use B.11, 123, or 112. If I notice they don't fear my lows on wake up, I'll just do his BF3 for free damage, or do F.3 if i think they're expecting a low. Wake-ups depend on the character, someone like Nightwing I don't even think twice and just rush on them. If I know the character has good wake ups, I try to use Bats to cover me or MBing F.3. One trick I wanna start using though it costs meter, is doing MB Batarang after a string because it's suppose to be really plus on block and lead to more pressure.

Considering his jump in 2 is god like that's my go to, then link mind games, 3, grapple hook, wall bounce, then stay down for an easy 40%, this is typically a good bread and butter for someone just pickin up batman like me lol

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
this is what i do. follow me at your own risk, because i suck. if REO gameplay is anything to go by, i HIGHLY suggest you watch TS Sabin grand final match breakdown of REO v Tom. Really imformative and i learned some things by watching how REO approaches and zones.

so here is my non optimal batman concept, i say non optimal because i haven't optimized my gameplan yet.

always 1 bat
always maintain a spare bat in charge if you can
release the bats when i approach or when the enemy approach me
or release the bats after a batarang for additional zoning, and lock the enemy in place so you can approach for safe pressure
use simple meterless BnB from 223, b3, j3, b23, release bats, repressure etc. [or any variation, my combos are NOT optimal, i will iron this out later.]
save meter for mb batarang, mb batarang has a large hitbox for zoning, builds back a little meter, and has great frame advantage, so you can mb batarang and follow with pressure if you are close
save meter also for clash
mix up your jump in approach between jump, double jump, or iab [instant air bats]. iab is very fast and has nice advantage, so you can stop dead in your jump arc or stun the enemy enough to continue pressure. if you mix up your jump in options it is hard for the opponent to make the correct reaction

thats about it for now, feel free to poke holes in my game in the name of improving

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
this is what i do. follow me at your own risk, because i suck. if REO gameplay is anything to go by, i HIGHLY suggest you watch TS Sabin grand final match breakdown of REO v Tom. Really imformative and i learned some things by watching how REO approaches and zones.

so here is my non optimal batman concept, i say non optimal because i haven't optimized my gameplan yet.

always 1 bat
always maintain a spare bat in charge if you can
release the bats when i approach or when the enemy approach me
or release the bats after a batarang for additional zoning, and lock the enemy in place so you can approach for safe pressure
use simple meterless BnB from 223, b3, j3, b23, release bats, repressure etc. [or any variation, my combos are NOT optimal, i will iron this out later.]
save meter for mb batarang, mb batarang has a large hitbox for zoning, builds back a little meter, and has great frame advantage, so you can mb batarang and follow with pressure if you are close
save meter also for clash
mix up your jump in approach between jump, double jump, or iab [instant air bats]. iab is very fast and has nice advantage, so you can stop dead in your jump arc or stun the enemy enough to continue pressure. if you mix up your jump in options it is hard for the opponent to make the correct reaction

thats about it for now, feel free to poke holes in my game in the name of improving
You have some good ideas and been using some of your suggestions. What other strategies are you implementing in your game?

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
My main strategy is to abuse the holy hell out of B1,1,2.....but in seriousness, im just always trying to mix up my opponent using all of batmans tools, b1,1. bats and cross ups, 1,1,3 into what ever. basically I just try to rush them down and roll the dice as to what mix up I want to try, but I guess that statement works for like every character haha

coolwhip

Noob
Lately I've been trying some gimmicks like using 1 2, not finish the string (that way you have frame advantage), and go for mix ups from there. Maybe a MB F3 or something (opponents will generally duck after 12, expecting you to finish the string with a launching low), just as another mix-up to add to Batman's repertoire. I haven't been able to play as much as I want to so this is just something I've used a few times. Gotta test it further.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I jump 2 for crossup, and if its blocked I do it again until success

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
You guys are funny. J2 gets beaten out a lot.
I play Nightwing and he has won of the best air to airs in the game and Im even terrified of trying to fight him in the air, because if he does it earlier then me, I will eat a full combo

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
I've found that J2 is more effective when your not spamming it. So many opponents are waiting on it which leaves them susceptible to other options. But when you do unleash J2 they'll have hell to pay.

I'm pretty new to MK style games but not new to fighters. I liked the other posters suggestion on always having a bat charging, I prefer to use 2 for that reason. I'm More interested in the type of mind games you guys go for. lately i've been using b+1..pause and do it again then go for a cross up just because everyone that i play locally expects the b+1,1,2 so they just jab me out of it. How viable is doing b2 canceled into bats? I've had a lot of success doing this but i don't know if its just catching people by surprise or that there is some actual frame advantage by canceling into bats.

b2xxbats,b1 cross up..I'm not suggesting this as being fool proof its something that i'm working on myself ...do not use vs doomsday haha.