What's new

your balance opinions

The girls and shang have super fast sweeps in MK2. My key to beating liu spammers is generally kitana or mileena. Shang is definitly a viabable option since you can either go with Jax (ground pound from far), either of the girls or Raiden to teleport and sweep a spamming Liu. Kitana is my Liu counter mainly because she can fanlift and 40% punish a airkick/bike kick. Her deep JK is also really nice into a fan. Her jabs and sweeps are really fast so a huge key is to get right out of low toe range and block any fireball and sweep. sometimes you can do a double sweep before they block. I've swept so many Liu's into a rage quit. If you're gunna spam, I'm gunna make you regret it! Only someone as good with Liu as Scorpangel could really keep me guessing to never gain ground.

To be back on topic I haven't played a SF in a million years but I always felt MvC was the most unbalanced game that ever existed. MK definitly suffers some big impbalances but most of them can be worked around not too horribly. I just wish I had time to play more fighers so I could really get a sense of how fans of other series really view balance. I haven't played a virtua fighter/tekken/soul caliber game in probably 15 years so I couldn't tell you at all what those are like. I guess it's because I've played it consistently for 16 or so years but I always felt MK2 was slightly imbalanced but the imbalances weren't too crazy to overcome(still fairly pissed at everything going under barakas blade spark though) :) I still get a lot of rage quits when I beat turtling liu's with baraka.

would like to take this opportunity to applaud zaq. this is very interesting stuff. people should realize the level of gameplay these guys are talking about represents probably less than 5 percent of people that play mk2. high level is a bit of an understatement.. when considering things like this is this assumed on a mk2 cabinet? factors such as tv input lag and internet make some of these things a moot point right? or am i wrong?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Clark W Grizwald said:
would like to take this opportunity to applaud zaq. this is very interesting stuff. people should realize the level of gameplay these guys are talking about represents probably less than 5 percent of people that play mk2. high level is a bit of an understatement.. when considering things like this is this assumed on a mk2 cabinet? factors such as tv input lag and internet make some of these things a moot point right? or am i wrong?
I agree as well.

And I also wanted to say... your name is fucking awesome.