What's new

You think Nintendo Direct will reveal MK11

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It'd be pretty funny if it was.

- Here's some Super Mario stuff. See, Toadette can turn into Peachette. That's fun.
- Here's some Smash Bros. Piranha Plant is out, isn't he fun? Here's some teasers to upcoming characters.
- Here's some Kirby stuff. Isn't he cute? More stuff about him is coming up later, stay tuned!
- FUCKING MORTAL KOMBAT BLOOD AND GORE EVERYWHERE SKULLS AND BONES CRACK RIPPING LIMBS OFF EACH OTHER!!!
- Still no Bayonetta 3 shown. Sorry.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It'd be pretty funny if it was.

- Here's some Super Mario stuff. See, Toadette can turn into Peachette. That's fun.
- Here's some Smash Bros. Piranha Plant is out, isn't he fun? Here's some teasers to upcoming characters.
- Here's some Kirby stuff. Isn't he cute? More stuff about him is coming up later, stay tuned!
- FUCKING MORTAL KOMBAT BLOOD AND GORE EVERYWHERE SKULLS AND BONES CRACK RIPPING LIMBS OFF EACH OTHER!!!
- Still no Bayonetta 3 shown. Sorry.
Omg, I want to see this, please. I bet they'll remove all gore or at least tone it down. I don't think they did that on previous titles they had on the N64 though, but these days you never know.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Omg, I want to see this, please. I bet they'll remove all gore or at least tone it down. I don't think they did that on previous titles they had on the N64 though, but these days you never know.
I mean, the reason NRS put in hit sparks because of porting it to Switch makes sense. But i could have sworn i read an interview that they're not sure when a Switch version will even be released. Its possible we get an announcement.....Or

SCORPION/SUB ZERO WILL BE IN SMASH!!!!

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Yes and The Kollector is gonna be revealed today in the Nintendo Direct because he is actually Mario collecting Koins.

Also we finally gonna get Sub-Zero for Smash. :DOGE

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Want to see Smash confirm Sub-Zero for DLC. That would excite me almost as much as MK 11 gameplay for Switch.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The whole MK11 on the Switch is so weird to me. This is probably a dumb question, but is the Switch even powerful enough to run a game like MK11? I seriously have no idea.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
What is the price of Nintendo Switch in your country? In Turkey, it is expensive than PS4 pro or XBOX ONE X....

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I feel like if the switch was powerful enough to run Breath of the Wild, then MX11 should be fine...?

I'm personally looking forward to having a portable version of the most recent MK!

Gamer68

Fujin!
The whole MK11 on the Switch is so weird to me. This is probably a dumb question, but is the Switch even powerful enough to run a game like MK11? I seriously have no idea.
I have a Switch and when I heard MK11 was coming to it I was very surprised. It's a great system and it's pretty much everything that I wanted from a portable device, and I'm glad that Nintendo and 3rd party devs are supporting it better than the Wii U.

But with that being said it's not a very powerful system. DragonBall FighterZ is on it and apparently it has a lot of frame drops down the like 40-50 fps during normal gameplay. I have no idea how they would get a game like Injustice 2 to run properly on it, let alone Mortal Kombat 11 which obviously looks even better.

I'm interested in seeing what it looks like, but honestly I don't have much hope for it. I'm expecting a fair amount of performance issues, especially considering NetherRealm's rocky track record when it comes to ports. If they do get the game to run at a smooth 60fps somehow, even if the game looks really bad I'll consider getting it later on just so I could have the game on the go.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The livestream starts at 2:00pm PST / 5:00pm EST to be exact. You can watch it on YouTube or Twitch.

YouTube:

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Official Site: https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-13-2019/

Announcement Tweet: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1095321632456040448

It's confirmed to be around 35 minutes long, it will have new information on Fire Emblem: Three Houses, details on upcoming Nintendo Switch titles, and apparently it WON'T have anything new about mobile phone games. 3DS isn't out of the question, but it seems the focus is on Switch.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Man, Nintendo is never going to live being family friendly down.

No More Heroes is definitely going to get shown.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The livestream starts at 2:00pm PST / 5:00pm EST to be exact. You can watch it on YouTube or Twitch.

YouTube:

Twitch:

Official Site:

Announcement Tweet:

It's confirmed to be around 35 minutes long, it will have new information on Fire Emblem: Three Houses, details on upcoming Nintendo Switch titles, and apparently it WON'T have anything new about mobile phone games. 3DS isn't out of the question, but it seems the focus is on Switch.
Oh? I got my source here
at 4:18 mark. I mean, its possible the information has updated.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Oh? I got my source here
at 4:18 mark. I mean, its possible the information has updated.
I think that's when his livestream starts. He mentions something about starting before the Direct begins so they can talk about expectations and whatnot. Even at the beginning of the video when he holds up the tablet it says 2:00pm PT for the Direct.

EDIT: Yup, that's what it is. He says something like "We'll be streaming the Direct tomorrow about 35 minutes before it starts, so we can talk about expectations..."

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I think that's when his livestream starts. He mentions something about starting before the Direct begins so they can talk about expectations and whatnot. Even at the beginning of the video when he holds up the tablet it says 2:00pm PT.
Well whoop there it is. Didnt see that part while taking my morning poop lol Thank ya kindly for pointing that out.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Welp, the Direct is over and nothing new on MK11 besides a new story scene (pictured below). Even that doesn't show much other than generic demons(?) jumping out of an explosion.

I thought the Direct was okay but way to many JRPGs for my taste. Not trashing on anyone who cares for it, but I'm not really a fan of generic anime characters battling it out for the one millionth time, but here I am playing MK with generic ninjas who never die so who am I to say?

The big things for me was Super Mario Maker 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Kinda disappointed that there was nothing new about Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3. Was hoping we got to see Joker gameplay for Smash, but we only got a model tease. And of course, MK11 Switch gameplay would have been nice.

Tetris 99 is probably the weirdest thing I've seen in a while in video games. As soon as the Tetris silhouette popped up I said "Tetris Battle Royale!" jokingly but I was right...

Overall it was pretty underwhelming, but there was at least a couple things I liked. Anyway, here's that MK11 pic I mentioned:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hard to judge on that story scene honestly, it looked good but we also don't know how old that cut was either. I'm sure gameplay and once the game is polished will look much better. Doom looked great on it. I have faith MK will too.

The scenes looked clean to me graphically. Took these myself.

But games that stood out for me, SMM2, Tetris99, Grid, MK11, Astral Chain and maybe Dead at Dawnlight or whatever it's called lol.

Someone asked NRS this question few weeks ago, forget who addressed it one of the programmers they said yes it's more than capable that the switch can do things people don't realize and allows them to port it. I think the switch while it may not be the most powerful console currently, is also a lot more powerful than people give it credit for.

Last edited: