What's new

You know what they should have in MK10?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
They should have no character that get free chip damage from anywhere on the screen.

f*ck dive kicks , f*ck unavoidable teleports and f*ck dumb design like EN runes.

It ruins a character's comeback factor once they get less than a quarter of health. /Salt

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Everything's avoidable or stuffable, I don't know what you're talking about. The only move in the game that's completely unavoidable (Sektor's enhanced upmissile) doesn't do any chip damage.

I personally like the chip damage, they award the aggressor rather than the defensive player. I mean if you are defensive, then the attacker should have an advantage. Who gives a shit about comeback factor, I have seen players comeback in MK (and its hype). But if it happens so often like MVC3, then it wouldnt be good at all

Get rid of Quan Chi and ... all the cheese will be gone. ;)
No man, i can honestly say quan chi is a beautiful character. To be honest with you he is very balanced: his pokes suck, he cant get out of pressure, that teleport is terrible, his normals are slow. All he has is his mix ups and rune trap, if you play against a quan chi alot and get to know the character. He is honestly not very hard to beat, he has no way of getting out pressure at all. And the beauty is the fact that quanchi can get out of pressure by breaker or take a lot of risk. But if he breaks he cant rune. I can honestly say, quanchi can not win without rune trap (and I DONT play quan)

Unlike cyrax... that guy has mix ups, throw, resets, can get in, far range, close range, just need 1 bar, fast normals, good pressure strings.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Cyrax's resets and such aren't unblockable like that stupid rune trap.

Call it bias against someone I can't beat if you want... but I get blown up by tons of characters (cyrax, kabal, kung lao), it's the unblockable-ness (lol) of that thing that pisses me off.

Cyrax's resets and such aren't unblockable like that stupid rune trap.
You have to play against quan a lot to understand the beauty of that character. You dont know how hard it is to get a good player into a rune trap. When he gets rush down, he doesnt get out. He takes it all. Considering quan's pressure strings suck, he doesnt build a lot of meter either

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I personally like the chip damage, they award the aggressor rather than the defensive player. I mean if you are defensive, then the attacker should have an advantage. Who gives a shit about comeback factor, I have seen players comeback in MK (and its hype). But if it happens so often like MVC3, then it wouldnt be good at all
The comeback factor isn't the point.The point is free chip damage out of anywhere.

Ever been in a situation where you and your opponent are both in like 5-10% and BAM! spams CSZ dive kicks...not very fun.

Playing a character like Reptile(I don't anymore , just an example) where even a mere elbow dash can be broken out of.Basically you get little to no damage while characters like Cyrax could get 30% unbreakable damage. Doesn't really sound fair now is it? Or characters like Quan or Skarlet that could get off of chip so much and have little to no risk.

It just comes to a point where it's simple bad game design.I'm not saying NRS are bad developpers.I'm saying they probably need more than just a week of testing by Tom Brady.

Anyways I rant too much. Here's a simple equation: free damage = bad. Damage you earn = good.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You have to play against quan a lot to understand the beauty of that character. You dont know how hard it is to get a good player into a rune trap. When he gets rush down, he doesnt get out. He takes it all.
I edited my post. haha

Well, I invite any and all Quan Chi players to fight me on XBL... I need to learn how to beat this guy. lol

@Zer0Hundr3d
I understand that, but if you take away the chip damage then you would get games like Street fighter...its boring because the game also award the defensive player. Its just my personal taste.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
@Zer0Hundr3d
I understand that, but if you take away the chip damage then you would get games like Street fighter...its boring because the game also award the defensive player. Its just my personal taste.
I'm all about offense too.But I don't like playing "who mashes the button more" to win.Even doing that for the sake of that first hit bonus is quite annoying.But that I don't mind.