What's new

YOMI FOREVER KING (Predator/Hish Qu Ten) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Summer Jam 9

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
What happened to DJT with that corner bug is a fucking joke.
It sucks for him, but let's be serious here: He picked the most recent DLC character because it's OP and people aren't familiar with it. (Hell, he wasn't very familiar with it or he would have come across the bug before and known what's up.) If there's a bug because there hasn't been as much QA on the most recent DLC character that's just taking the bad with the good.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
It was probably contracted and/or under the control of WB since they're the parent.

Do you have some sort of vendetta against some NRS employee? Actually think about things, seriously. Warner Bros are the parent company who are known for making bad business decisions. Blame them and stop being so salty over the people who probably aren't even at fault here.
I am, well, was an outspoken supporter of NRS. I do not post a whole lot here, but everything I have posted thus far has been very pro MKX and NRS. But the shit is piling up with this game, and its embarrassing that my favorite game is always in the lime light over ridiculous issues. There is an end to my benefit of the doubt, and NRS no longer gets it from me. Who knows, they can maybe fix a chunk of the issues this game has with this big patch coming up....i just doubt it. I can see this next patch causing major issues and bugs, because NRS has built a reputation of making glitchy and bugged out games and patches.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It sucks for him, but let's be serious here: He picked the most recent DLC character because it's OP and people aren't familiar with it. (Hell, he wasn't very familiar with it or he would have come across the bug before and known what's up.) If there's a bug because there hasn't been as much QA on the most recent DLC character that's just taking the bad with the good.
I think Tremor is a little underrated but saying he is OP is a bit much. Just because a character is DLC doesnt necessarily mean that they should have bugs and glitches, that just looks bad on NRS(although props to them for fixing it in the next patch)

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Some people in this thread need to know WB only licensed NRS to do PS4/X1 ports. Chill with the shit talking when it comes to that. If you're gonna blow someone up, blow WBGames up for that shit. NRS had nothing to do with the other ports, plain and simple.

Second, I want to say I enjoyed this top 8 despite the shenanigans that happened.

@YOMI MITYEAP : Your Scorpion play just further proves he is still a very solid character, especially in Hellfire. You and your brother never cease to amaze me.

Speaking of @YOMI DJT , I feel for you. Shitty to lose in a situation like that when a bug is involved, but if it's any consolidation you put on a hell of a show and are THE premier Tremor right now.

@YOMI RM SaltFace : Your Ethereal Mileena is goddamn scary, I would be very paranoid about those teleport setups and mixups.

Alucard (no idea on his tag) continues to show he is one of the best MKX players currently, and it was refreshing to see his Tremor.

Speaking of Versatility, @michaelangelo continues to shine with Quan Chi with his Sorceror and Summoner variants.

@SonicFox5000 , I guess fate was not too kind to you haha, but I think you gained many a fan yesterday to make up for it. I hope Yipes enjoyed his dinner.

Shoutouts to @Yomi Gaming in general, providing quality players for not only MK but also SF and Tekken, and more.

@EMPEROR_JUPITER performing well with Wrestler Jax was hype, even if he didn't advance far. People just get hype for dem corner combos.

And finally congrats to @FOREVER KING and making the money match between @cR WoundCowboy
that much more interesting at SCR ;)

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The only WB published games that HVS has ported have been other NRS games. Given that, I think HVS are closer to NRS than WB. I think NRS are responsible for the continued rehiring of HVS

edit: add to that that HVS has been hired to port a bunch of other games by Midway, I think it's pretty fair to say NRS hires them
Exactly this. And aside from that it's ok to blame NRS for HVS, ìts their responsibility to provide a quality product as they are the one selling it. A chef who decides to use rotten ingredients in his pies cannot deflect criticism just by pointing at the wholesaler. Nor can he point the finger at direction from upstairs management, because at the end of the day it's still his responsibility to make sure people are getting what they payed for and not fucked over. Nobody is pointing the finger directly at Paulo or something and saying that him or any other given MEMBER of NRS have the power to change something. Regardless, it is the product that NRS is putting out there and making money off and negative feedback is deserved, regardless of whether their decisions in certain regards are handled for them by WB, that's just another negative aspect of NRS the entity, and both of them deserve the critical feedback they've received. As mentioned, NRS is the only WB entity who keep using HVS ports and they have done absolutely none of the MANY things they could have possibly done to even attempt to convince their customer base that they are not entirely responsible for that decision, so until we see reason to believe otherwise, than sorry - you guys ARE just enabling them like Rearawt said, and even if it IS WB's decision (although there is absolutely nothing to support that THEORY) that is still no reason to defend NRS, when it's just another negative thing about the company from a customers perspective - "cannot established enough control over their own product under the shadow of their parent company to ever possibly guarantee a quality experience".

That being said, NRS are a game development studio with over a decade long history of very successful games. Someone has to put up money for quality ports/NetCode (something more than affordable for much smaller and even self-published game studios) - why do you guys think it must be WB? Believe me, if everything you guys wish to ASSUME about NRS being innocent in all this is true, and it's just WB looking to cut costs as much as possible fro their end - then there is absolutely no way they would step over NRS trying to put a little extra of THEIR OWN MONEY (absolute chips to a development company of their size) into giving their customers a quality product, their responsibility as devs and something they are more than capable of providing. Sorr, but NRS is the one looking to cut costs here just as much if not more than WB, there is no two ways about it. I know it's fun to fanboy NRS and blame everything on big bad WB, but it simply does not work like that.

Reactions: GAV

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I have to rank this as my favorite top 8 of all time, I gotta give a shout out to all the locos who represented and performed, everyone was a winner here.

Even PL who brought a lot of hype to the tourney from the L's.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Some people in this thread need to know WB only licensed NRS to do PS4/X1 ports. Chill with the shit talking when it comes to that. If you're gonna blow someone up, blow WBGames up for that shit. NRS had nothing to do with the other ports, plain and simple.

Second, I want to say I enjoyed this top 8 despite the shenanigans that happened.

@YOMI MITYEAP : Your Scorpion play just further proves he is still a very solid character, especially in Hellfire. You and your brother never cease to amaze me.

Speaking of @YOMI DJT , I feel for you. Shitty to lose in a situation like that when a bug is involved, but if it's any consolidation you put on a hell of a show and are THE premier Tremor right now.

@YOMI RM SaltFace : Your Ethereal Mileena is goddamn scary, I would be very paranoid about those teleport setups and mixups.

Alucard (no idea on his tag) continues to show he is one of the best MKX players currently, and it was refreshing to see his Tremor.

Speaking of Versatility, @michaelangelo continues to shine with Quan Chi with his Sorceror and Summoner variants.

@SonicFox5000 , I guess fate was not too kind to you haha, but I think you gained many a fan yesterday to make up for it. I hope Yipes enjoyed his dinner.

Shoutouts to @Yomi Gaming in general, providing quality players for not only MK but also SF and Tekken, and more.

@EMPEROR_JUPITER performing well with Wrestler Jax was hype, even if he didn't advance far. People just get hype for dem corner combos.

And finally congrats to @FOREVER KING and making the money match between @cR WoundCowboy
that much more interesting at SCR ;)
This not getting more likes tells me that no one reads anymore.

Great post!