What's new

Match Footage - Heavy Weapons Yo dawg i heard you like run cancels

I don't see many Heavy Weapons mainers, and the only tournament-ready one i saw was Tyrant, so i decided to record some of my matches. Give me some feedback on these! I tried to showcase as many guard-opening setups as i could in real matches. Many more to come!

Nice,we played recently i was wrestler maybe u remember Makaveli :) u are the best Jax i played against so far

So you suggest changing the game language to english or shall i keep italian in my gameplay videos?
NAh he was just saying hearing Jax in different languages is really funny and as far as i know u currently can't change the language.

-Ur really consistent with the rocket cancel which is really good but u didnt maximize ur midscreen damage, if u can't do the f21 run cancel consistenly u can still go for f3 dash punch after the overhead dashpunch.

-i saw u tried to punish jump ins with f2 when u were to close, standing 1 or b1 are really good anti airs up close to mid range.

-You didnt use the ground pound i recommend doing it after a knockdown to see what ur opponent does : if they are starting to delay wakeup u can either mb ground pound for free damage or rush them down since they can't wakeup after a delayed wakeup and must fully stand up.

Btw was that Erduan u played against?

I think you can change the language by changing the steam language. I may be wrong tho.

- I can do the f21 run cancel very consistently offline, but online its asking for too much, so i just go for regular dash punch. Other than that, female characters (like Cassie) seem to have a slightly smaller hitbox so its even harder on them.

-Same here, i know my anti air options and tried several, but online+good jumpins (cassie kick, canceled into ex air throw) are a pain to deal with, at least online. So i just go for uppercuts and armored grab as an anti air, they never miss. Also, i think anti air uppercut in the corner is the best option since it can lead to f 21 combos.

- I agree with you here, i need to use that move more. But that's just a sample of many matches i played against the guy, and he usually doesnt fall for ground pound shenaningans. Also, this video was done to showcase as many rocket cancels options i could, i wasn't playing to win.

He may be Erduan, Cassie seems pretty popular so i played lots of them.

Thanks for feedback

I think you can change the language by changing the steam language. I may be wrong tho.

- I can do the f21 run cancel very consistently offline, but online its asking for too much, so i just go for regular dash punch. Other than that, female characters (like Cassie) seem to have a slightly smaller hitbox so its even harder on them.

-Same here, i know my anti air options and tried several, but online+good jumpins (cassie kick, canceled into ex air throw) are a pain to deal with, at least online. So i just go for uppercuts and armored grab as an anti air, they never miss. Also, i think anti air uppercut in the corner is the best option since it can lead to f 21 combos.

- I agree with you here, i need to use that move more. But that's just a sample of many matches i played against the guy, and he usually doesnt fall for ground pound shenaningans. Also, this video was done to showcase as many rocket cancels options i could, i wasn't playing to win.

He may be Erduan, Cassie seems pretty popular so i played lots of them.

Thanks for feedback
There is some sort of launching bug after the OH dash punch when u start with f21, 11, f3/f4,123 causing it to be near impossible to do the run cancel online and sometimes offline. 12, 23 OH dash punch run cancels work very well even online( if theres not too much lag) 123 rocket cancel 12 OH dash punch may work for you online.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
There is some sort of launching bug after the OH dash punch when u start with f21, 11, f3/f4,123 causing it to be near impossible to do the run cancel online and sometimes offline. 12, 23 OH dash punch run cancels work very well even online( if theres not too much lag) 123 rocket cancel 12 OH dash punch may work for you online.
Yep I only use 23xx ex OH punch. On male characters I can connect it 90% of the time online. Or if you have a rush happy opponent you can easily turn his aggression into 37% damage with one bar (Pumped Up).

Heavy weapons is a different beast guys. I like to hitconfirm every string of mine with run cancels, as you can see from my video. I never use point blank overhead punch except on hard reads. Not really a fan of throwing a random blockstring with a low in it and blindly canceling it into overhead punch. I tried the 12 after the rocket cancels and it seems more consistent than 11, so i will definitely put that into my arsenal now.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Looks good man. You on Xbox? Would like to exchange tech: I have a pretty beast HW Jax

greedface

Beat SonicFox in a first to 100 and I have proof.
WOW are you playing on pad or stick? I got problems keeping my rocket cancels consistent, you got any tips amigo?

NurzBenny

Old Member
What everyone else said, it's always nice to see this stuff done well. The overhead rocket cancel into full bnb I am stealing and using at TCW this weekend. Try and record the cup this weekend, man give us more footage.

I will man, i promise i will. I'm not uploading stuff right now cause i'm busy training for the tournament. But you can bet your ass i will.