What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Ya boi 'ronnie Blizzle has indeed been sabotaged in the latest patch.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
While Kung Jin and Sub-Zero players make the headlines with conspiracies about undercover nerfs, someone at NRS decided to be the highest tier of fuckboi, change the recovery of both of Erron's Mixups... and thought they could get away with not disclosing this information in the patch notes.

Erron's F122 string is now -12 on block, up from -7?, admittedly this might have been a frame data correction, because the blockstun makes the window as to where you're supposed to punish extremely deceptive.

Erron's B32U1 is now -14 up from -3... no two ways about this one. Not only is it now relatively easy to punish on block, it now takes significantly longer to convert an NJP after it on hit with Outlaw's NJ2, and Erron in general in the corner. This is not because of the adjustment to attacks after a neutral jump.

"Mind games don't work on me."

Yes I know there's already a thread concerning this, but I want to bring to full attention what the problems actually are, whilst Erron's other problems are left unaddressed such as his B2 whiffing on some neutral ducking characters, and NRS has some explaining to do concerning this treachery.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I never liked using B32U1 anyway. It whiffs on crouch unless you're point-blank. F122 being -12 now is meh. Gun cancels are the way forward for safe meterless 50/50s.

Also it's not like we can't MB our 50/50s to be like +7 lol. NRS tried to nerf our boi but you can't keep a true Marksman down.

STRYKIE

So his 16 frame overhead to low launcher with ridiculous range is now punishable?

That's F13!

That's what marksman gun cancels are for
I never liked using B32U1 anyway. It whiffs on crouch unless you're point-blank. F122 being -12 now is meh. Gun cancels are the way forward for safe meterless 50/50s.
Also it's not like we can't MB our 50/50s to be like +7 lol. NRS tried to nerf our boi but you can't keep a true Marksman down.
I preferred F122 because IMO it gave a little more time to think about your options and the complete string was a low risk, OK reward (spacing wise) string. But yeah, I'll hold my hands up and admit I need to git gud with gun cancels.

`"Oh no, my 30+% meterless safe 50/50s are no longer safe! Oh the horror!"
Well, actually you could already interrupt both with armor.

Just like.... MK9 Kano, and he was accordingly labeled the worst character in that game because of that....

Well, shit....

I'm right to complain, my boi Ronnie must be the worst character in MKX! :DOGE

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
While Kung Jin and Sub-Zero players make the headlines with conspiracies about undercover nerfs, someone at NRS decided to be the highest tier of fuckboi, change the recovery of both of Erron's Mixups... and thought they could get away with not disclosing this information in the patch notes.

Erron's F122 string is now -12 on block, up from -7?, admittedly this might have been a frame data correction, because the blockstun makes the window as to where you're supposed to punish extremely deceptive.

Erron's B32U1 is now -14 up from -3... no two ways about this one. Not only is it now relatively easy to punish on block, it now takes significantly longer to convert an NJP after it on hit with Outlaw's NJ2, and Erron in general in the corner. This is not because of the adjustment to attacks after a neutral jump.

"Mind games don't work on me."

Yes I know there's already a thread concerning this, but I want to bring to full attention what the problems actually are, whilst Erron's other problems are left unaddressed such as his B2 whiffing on some neutral ducking characters, and NRS has some explaining to do concerning this treachery.
"the highest tier of fuckboi" LOL! I guarantee that is the first time that phrase has been used in the history of the human race.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
The b32u1 I think is just a frame data correction, as he was punishable on block pre patch.

F122 might be a legit nerf, I've not been able to test as the patch wasn't out when I last played (pre patch only Shinnoks enhanced hell spark or reptiles enhanced slide could block punish it) Oh well, just means I'll have to special cancel that string into idk a slide, sand grenade or tackle...like I have already been doing!

Hahaha whilst all you guys were bitching about your characters and lack of 50/5s and all that other boring shit, the Erron Black, or should I say Ronnie Blizzle community was busy busting out tech to beat your ass with ;)

STRYKIE

The b32u1 I think is just a frame data correction, as he was punishable on block pre patch.

F122 might be a legit nerf, I've not been able to test as the patch wasn't out when I last played (pre patch only Shinnoks enhanced hell spark or reptiles enhanced slide could block punish it) Oh well, just means I'll have to special cancel that string into idk a slide, sand grenade or tackle...like I have already been doing!

Hahaha whilst all you guys were bitching about your characters and lack of 50/5s and all that other boring shit, the Erron Black, or should I say Ronnie Blizzle community was busy busting out tech to beat your ass with ;)
You sure the last hit of the B32U1 wasn't just being whiff punished?

And for the record, I thought about calling him Ronnie O'Gunnivan, but the 'muricans wouldn't get it. :(

Reactions: zee

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
I tested b32u1 block punishing early in the morning (as far as I know, the patch for xb1 wasn't out then, and still isn't out now) and made sure that 2u1 only were blocked, yep still punishable. But if you're at a range where the u1 gets blocked, you were safe.

It may be a case where he's now more punishable on that specific string, but in all honesty I consider that reasonable - a low starter into juggle should be punishable if said character also has incredible 50-50 potential.

All it means really is we need to use 11, b3 and 211 strings more (or use the existing strings and special cancel). Wow, what a nerf lololol.

Last edited:

TKB

Noob
Meh. Not that big of a deal to me. I did notice last night that I had a lot of trouble connecting my normal BNB in outlaw. Makes sense now.

@unclebennysrice now I understand why I couldn't land the neutral jump lol