What's new

xxxality wishlist / speculation

There isn't a whole lot of information about other finishing moves / taunts that might be made available in MK 9 so here is my own wishlist.

As far as I'm concerned, the more xxalities there are, the better. I don't think they're ever useless per se. But I think a taunt or humiliation move / announcement after a flawless would be outstanding. Babalities and friendships kind of double as a humiliation simply because you lost a round where your opponent didn't even have to block, right? I'm not asking for a full on teabag simulation or something, just an announcement of "Humiliation" like in Q3 Arena and other games when a particularly lopsided victory occurs, or a special xxxality that could be performed.

What would you all like to see?

I really liked the whole bability/friendship stuff in the original MKs. It annoys the fuck outta me even now when someone uses a babality on me! Turning me into a screaming baby.....that can make some people rage lol. To me that was all part of the comedy to the games. If you are playing seriously then you arn't going to be doing all that stuff but still, I think it gives the game a slightly different atmosphere and feeling as you know if you loose, a finisher is on its way to make you feel like crap. Unlike SF where the match is just over :)

What's the kommunity's opinion on Brutalities?

I would honestly be surprised to see anything outside of fatalities (and stage fatalities) make the cut. Boon and company seems to be pushing the gore and general nastiness. Brutalities fit this emphasis on...well... brutality. :)

X820

Noob
Friendships and Babalities take so damn long lol, we already have X-rays right?
Eventhough I really like how they look, I wish they had made a fatality out of them instead of a mid game recess.

But, that's just me not caring at all for winning stances lol, I wanna fight :)

X820 said:
Eventhough I really like how they look, I wish they had made a fatality out of them instead of a mid game recess.

Yeah that is a good point. They do take a while. Hopefully they'll build in a feature to turn these off or rooms where you can play without x rays or xxalities if your goal is to just fight without extraneous fluff.

Hopefully the scoring system will assign a loss if you leave in the middle of a match. This way, if you lose and you're not interested in a 20 second brutality, you can just go on with your business. Also, this animation shouldn't stop if the opponent leaves. Because it isn't necessary for them to be there in the first place, both you and the spectators in the room should get to enjoy the animation. I just hope they really put alot of emphasis on this.

X820 said:

Aextreme said:
Yeah that is a good point. They do take a while. Hopefully they'll build in a feature to turn these off or rooms where you can play without x rays or xxalities if your goal is to just fight without extraneous fluff.

Hopefully the scoring system will assign a loss if you leave in the middle of a match. This way, if you lose and you're not interested in a 20 second brutality, you can just go on with your business. Also, this animation shouldn't stop if the opponent leaves. Because it isn't necessary for them to be there in the first place, both you and the spectators in the room should get to enjoy the animation. I just hope they really put alot of emphasis on this.
I personally love seeing fatalities! But I understand the fear and frustrations regarding super lengthy finishers...especially if you're in the middle of a long play session and have been repeatedly exposed to the same three or four finishers. The best MK fatalities are as well paced as they are brutal. A lot of the MK2 Fatalities are prime examples of this...most notably the Jax arm-rip and Kung Lao's hat slice.

definitly all about quick fatalities. mk1 and 2 had the best speed for finishers. UMK3 started getting a little long with some of them

X820

Noob
Fatalities are great and a MK game without them would be unthinkable..

I hate it when I'm playng either MK2 or UMK3 and I'm stuck playing someone that keeps doing fatalities, we all know them by heart, get on allready.

Ermac's Fatality never gets old though LOL

I personally don't think that the eye candy should take anything away from what the game is about, the fighting.

We all know that eye candy raped gameplay in the past.

A prime example:

Eventhough cool at first.. Zzzzzzzz

X820 said:
Fatalities are great and a MK game without them would be unthinkable..

I hate it when I'm playng either MK2 or UMK3 and I'm stuck playing someone that keeps doing fatalities, we all know them by heart, get on allready.

Ermac's Fatality never gets old though LOL

I personally don't think that the eye candy should take anything away from what the game is about, the fighting.

We all know that eye candy raped gameplay in the past.

A prime example:

Eventhough cool at first.. Zzzzzzzz
Jesus...that last fatality just would not stop...and just becomes a exercise in tedium. Midway/NetherRealm forget that the speed of the fatality ties in directly with the brutal nature of our favorite finisher.

But I'm absolutely on board with X820 and his stance on eye candy spoiling the gameplay. With that being said...I wonder how much of Mortal Kombat's success is accredited to visceral fatalities? Think about it...Street Fighter 2 Turbo never let you rip a dude's head off.

Things like Finishers, easter eggs such as hidden characters and mingames such as test your might is what sets MK apart from SF2's presentation. The speed and easy to learn combat and juggle system is what makes the fighting so awesome. Let us hope that MK9 has great fighting.