What's new

xray combos

i know nightwolf has better meter usage but for 3 bars 50% midscreen aint bad..

j.p 122hatchet b2hatchet 122 xray - 53%

thoughts. No flaming plz

editted because i forgot to factor the j.p in the beginning

junp in punch-back22~hatchet-hatchet-ff-1-xray

does 51% and is more eazy!
you know what? i forgot to add the good ol jump in punch to my combo so..

mine is 53% and you dont need to dash 1.. its

j.p 122hatchet b2hatchet 122 Xray - 53%

^this is easy because all good nightwolf players already have the (anything into)hatchetb2hatchet 122 BnB combo string memorized so you just ad an xray and its history.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
B+2, 2, Axe Swing, B+2, Axe Swing, dash, 1, 2, *X (52%, 10 Hits)

I'm sure the jP would bring it up to 55% =-D

I do jp B+1 to axe, axe, dash, 1 or F3, Xray. The F3 gets 1 % more damage than the 1 at the end, but the 1 has less room for error. I know its a basic combo but, its an easy go to that does good damage. I forget the exact amount, but I think its high 40's low 50's

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
With JP Nightwolf can hit %49 using no meter what so ever in a corner... although I can see the usefulness of it mid screen although I'd still never do it in a tournament situation unless it was getting me the kill on the final round. I'd rather just save the meter for eShoulder and breakers myself.

The only reason to use X-ray in my opinion is to not let the opponent breaker out of the damage. So you want to get the X-ray on the screen with as few hits before as possible.
Ji.p B2,2 Hatchet X-ray is 48%.

But that 55% one probably makes you look cool.

You could argue that the extra 7% could win you the match. But that would only be a viable argument if you already had a one round lead. Going in meterless the next round is just not appealing :p

With JP Nightwolf can hit %49 using no meter what so ever in a corner... although I can see the usefulness of it mid screen although I'd still never do it in a tournament situation unless it was getting me the kill on the final round. I'd rather just save the meter for eShoulder and breakers myself.
Yeah exactly, also got 41% coming out from JiP midscreen.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Got another X-ray combo for Nightwolf...

Nightwolf's 55% Midscreen Combo with X-ray included:

And although this next combo doesn't use an X-ray, I thought I might share it anyway, if that's okay.

Nightwolf's 51% Midscreen Combo with three Enhance Bars used:

good stuff blake, pretty interesting ex lightning mid combo

and to the others, nightwolf should never use his xray, i think we all agree his ex moves are far superior and breakers obv. this was for fun

HadesWTF

Don't Hate!
good stuff blake, pretty interesting ex lightning mid combo

and to the others, nightwolf should never use his xray, i think we all agree his ex moves are far superior and breakers obv. this was for fun

I agree for the most part.

But NW builds meter like a champ and its worth it if you find yourself in the final round with Xray because you can get the kill 99% of the time as he does more than half a life bar in damage with it. Plus, these combos are pretty much botch free, even online they are hard to screw up.

I will say though, its more about being flashy than being practical.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's all about which character your fighting. Obviously in some match ups you want your xray and in some you need your eh and in some you need your breakers

I agree for the most part.

But NW builds meter like a champ and its worth it if you find yourself in the final round with Xray because you can get the kill 99% of the time as he does more than half a life bar in damage with it. Plus, these combos are pretty much botch free, even online they are hard to screw up.

I will say though, its more about being flashy than being practical.
yeah dude, i shouldda reworded myself. im not a fan of the xray playstyle, only when its needed or im desperate. Its more about being practical not flashy lmao. idk what ur talkin about! yeah fly, you build nightwolfs meter so goddamn fast lol. i was watching those matches against pigs mileena and cyber sub. good stuff

HadesWTF

Don't Hate!
I'm so confused....

I was basically saying that using NW's Xray for a 50% combo is more about being flashy (being it needs to be set up properly) than being practical. It is much safter to just use his Ex moves to set up a couple of 35%+ combos and win. Of course it is not as nice looking as that big 50%+.

I'm not a fan of always banking on your xray either.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Agreed hades what the fuck.

I never intentionally have xray it onlybhappens if I don't use breakers or eh moves cause I'm landing successful punishers for 40. If I use an xray on u it's because of one of two reasons.

1) I'm demolishing you and you can't do shit about it
2) I'm getting beat and I need to get you off me.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Nightwolf's 54% Midscreen Combo with three Enhance Bars used:

This is also not an X-ray combo, but I wanted to share it all the same.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Hardly ever use xray - only use it for fun.

I dont see the point, NW gets 38% without a jp with no meter id much rather have breakers and ex shoulders/lightning! Plus after his bnb combo you get a pretty much guaranteed ex lightning

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
The point of X-Ray is to assure that you win without allowing your opponent to break.

Example:

1) You get blown up and you're almost dead. However, this makes your meter build drastically.
2) Opponent has less than 50% of his life and he makes a mistake. You punish with X-Ray combo and win the round anyways.

The less meter your opponent has, the longer you can extend the combo before the X-Ray without him being able to break. If he already has two bars, you're better off doing the X-Ray right after you get an attack to connect, or punish directly with the X-Ray (no combo).

You can make HUGE comebacks with X-Ray. A 40% combo might not kill your opponent and he can break it. X-Ray will kill him and he can't break.

I don't recommend saving meter for an X-Ray with Nightwolf, but if you do have one and it's time to use it...

X-RAY COMBOS!

Anywhere:

:l:bp:bp Hatchet, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:r, :fp:bp :x = 52% (55% with JIP)
Opponent gets 62.50% of a bar before X-Ray (68.75% with JIP)

:fp:bp:bp Hatchet, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:r, :fp:bp :x = 50% (53% with JIP)
Opponent gets 60.41% of a bar before X-Ray (66.66% with JIP)

:r:fk:fp Hatchet, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:r, :fp:bp :x = 50% (53% with JIP)
Opponent gets 62.50% of a bar before X-Ray (68.75% with JIP)
Corner Only:

:l:bp:bp Hatchet, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:fk:fp:bp, :fp:bp :x = 56% (59% with JIP)
Opponent gets 85.41% of a bar before X-Ray (91.66% with JIP)

:fp:bp:bp Hatchet, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:fk:fp:bp, :fp:bp :x = 55% (57% with JIP)
Opponent gets 83.33% of a bar before X-Ray (89.58% with JIP)

:r:fk:fp Hatchet, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:fk:fp:bp, :fp:bp :x = 54% (57% with JIP)
Opponent gets 83.33% of a bar before X-Ray (89.58% with JIP)

You can skip the last :bp to make the X-Ray A LOT easier to connect. Does 1% less damage.
Safest (opponent barely gets to build any meter before the x-ray):

:l:bp:bp Hatchet, :x = 46% (49% with JIP)
Opponent gets 29.16% of a bar before X-Ray (35.41% with JIP)

:fp:bp:bp Hatchet, :x = 44% (47% with JIP)

:r:fk:fp Hatchet, :x = 44% (47% with JIP)

Use these if your opponent almost has two bars.

For punisher use this one:

In most circumstances you should use:

Mosp

Noob
The point of X-Ray is to assure that you win without allowing your opponent to break.

Example:

1) You get blown up and you're almost dead. However, this makes your meter build drastically.
2) Opponent has less than 50% of his life and he makes a mistake. You punish with X-Ray combo and win the round anyways.

The less meter your opponent has, the longer you can extend the combo before the X-Ray without him being able to break. If he already has two bars, you're better off doing the X-Ray right after you get an attack to connect, or punish directly with the X-Ray (no combo).

You can make HUGE comebacks with X-Ray. A 40% combo might not kill your opponent and he can break it. X-Ray will kill him and he can't break.

I don't recommend saving meter for an X-Ray with Nightwolf, but if you do have one and it's time to use it...

X-RAY COMBOS!

For punisher use this one:

In most circumstances you should use:

Ya these are pretty much the combos I would use if I ever used his Xray lol. NW can get 50% from a combo using 2 bars so I would only use his xray combos if it's for sure gonna win me the last round of the match. Good combos nonetheless though.