What's new

Tech Xray combos

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
So, it's 3am, and i have nothing better to do then mess with rain's xray combos, and it got me thinking why don't i use them more?

jip 4,3 lighting xx down 2, 4,3 water bubble 4,3 Xray, H20 blast dose 58% and once the xray hits you can not breaker since you end the combo with the h20 blast

The follow up combo to the xray (4,3 lighting xx down 2, 4,3 water bubble ) only gives your opponent, a little over 3/4th of a bar of meter

so ideally if you happen to be sitting on Xray, and your opponent has anything less then a bar you can almost get 60% in unbreakable damage

the same thing can be done in the corner with Jip, 4,3 water bubble ( place the bubble as high as you can ) Down 2, 4,3 geyser kick, 4, Xray, H2o blast. for 58%

once agian the follow up combo only gives you opponent one bar of metter, so if they have anything less, you get 58%

now, i wouldn't call this new tech, or anything special for that matter, but it is just something to think about.

Mix this in with Ex bubble setups, Roundhouse cancel block strings, and all of rains other tools and this could be useful

What do you guys think?

A-Train

Noob
Nice! That first one is very similar to an X-Ray combo that I've been working with lately:

4,3, lightning, dash, uppercut, 4,3 xx water bubble, 4,3 xx X-Ray, 4 xx geyser kick
  • Basically the same as yours except no jiP and ending with 4 xx geyser kick instead of the water blast
  • This will get you 58% without the jip (60% with it)
  • Obviously, because it ends with the geyser kick, it can be broken at the end and you have to watch for wake-up attacks

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Hmm...
I don't use X-Rays anymore really, at all. It seems like a waste of meter when we can do nearly the same amount of damage just by launching them off an e-X Roundhouse Kick. Which you can easily do close to 40% off of.

But I remember the one I did use was:

4, RH ~ 4, 3 Lightning ~ 4,3 Bubble ~ 4-3 :x~ 4,3 H20 Blast or B+3
Not sure what the damage was, I believe 47% or 49%