What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

30% 114 tele b3u4 air slam

Full disclosure, I may be wrong about that b3u4, I'm at work right now and I can't quite remember if that is what it is.

Last edited:

9_Lives

Noob
Has anyone been working on corner combos? Seems like a real struggle getting the same corner damage in MK9. So far I just use the typical midscreen bnb and try to end up so they're back in the corner, but I usually end up full screen from there.

I have been dinking with 212~telepunch while in the corner, and it connects in a way kind of like KL's old school teleport combos. It just doesn't have very scary damage. I don't know, if someone figures something out with that, then cool.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Has anyone been working on corner combos? Seems like a real struggle getting the same corner damage in MK9. So far I just use the typical midscreen bnb and try to end up so they're back in the corner, but I usually end up full screen from there.

I have been dinking with 212~telepunch while in the corner, and it connects in a way kind of like KL's old school teleport combos. It just doesn't have very scary damage. I don't know, if someone figures something out with that, then cool.
I hate the way 2,1,2 scales during combos though...it's just...bad.

9_Lives

Noob
I hate the way 2,1,2 scales during combos though...it's just...bad.
Yeah, I'm starting to think they made it hard to get good damage and missile pressure in the corner for a reason. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten somewhere with that. XP

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Yeah, I'm starting to think they made it hard to get good damage and missile pressure in the corner for a reason. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten somewhere with that. XP
I might make a combo thread soon, then we can go from there...

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
After Tele Punch in the corner, you can run underneath like Takeda keeping them in the corner and go for rocket setups.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Who keeps deleting Sektor's discussion thread lol?

BnB I got looks like-

Starter~Telepunch, S4, F43, EX Telepunch, F212 BB, UpMissile pressure.

Couple things....Sektor is SO much better than Jacqui.
In terms of BnB, S4 scales the rest of the combo hard, to the point that it isnt even worth it. If you take it out, its 1% less.
Secondly, ending with F212 BB, upmissile is unsafe. I've already been punished by teleporters. 212~up missile is actually safer.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Couple things....Sektor is SO much better than Jacqui.
In terms of BnB, S4 scales the rest of the combo hard, to the point that it isnt even worth it. If you take it out, its 1% less.
Secondly, ending with F212 BB, upmissile is unsafe. I've already been punished by teleporters. 212~up missile is actually safer.
Yea I've noticed as well since told and I'm adjusting out of it now. Thinking about maybe 1112 as an ender. Gonna try it out soon when I get home. Last thing I wanna deal with is pressure after full screen KDs lol.

And yea you're dead on. I don't think I'll even play Jacqui again after Alien and TriBorg, words I thought I'd never say. Being able to counter poke consistently alone is worth the switch, let alone all the other reasons.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Is flamethower is good ender for a blockstring? Or would I be better off just using the EX version?

Sektor is really fun to play, the pressure I was able to pull of with 22~up rockets, F13 ~up rockets, and even homing missile in general made everyone in my school lounge terrified. I really like how many options he has in terms of just bullying the opponent.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I was trying use up rocket pressure like that. Cancel a string into up rockets on block and if they try and counter poke after the string the rockets will hit them for a full combo. It seems good, but I think it's gimmicky. You can just jump over Sektor's head after he does up rockets if I'm not mistaken, and he doesn't recover quick enough to anti-air.

The issue I have with the uprocket is that it is just like Tremor's uprock before the nerf. Why nerf Tremor's uprock but ignore the free mixup uprocket give Sektor when they are used the same way??

I'm guessing Sektor will eventually have to spend bar to get that pressure/mixup in the future.

br8kz

YouTuber
I'm LOVING! Sektor... he feels so dam cool lol fast with full screen moves and 50/50s... i can't wait to see how he develops later in the life span of the game.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
The issue I have with the uprocket is that it is just like Tremor's uprock before the nerf. Why nerf Tremor's uprock but ignore the free mixup uprocket give Sektor when they are used the same way??

I'm guessing Sektor will eventually have to spend bar to get that pressure/mixup in the future.
Sektor's uprocket's tracking is based on where the opponent is on startup, while Tremor's is based on the opponent's location when throck comes on the screen. In short, Tremor's uprock has much better tracking than uprocket (thank the Elder Gods for that, otherwise uprocket would be really dumb).

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Anyone notice how only one up rocket connects on block and the other two whiff? Is this intentional or a bug?