What's new

General/Other - Hat Trick XL 1.12 Hat Trick Lao Changes

Not satisfied with this at all, the teleport combo buff is a bill, in order do connect you have to Jump with standing 2, then you have to perform ex teleport while in the air so you can connect the throw, not to say its very difficult to get that timing right. none of his ground strings link into ex tele grab, so you cannot use punishes with this new change at all.

The worst part is, Hat Call Backs will still have a low float if hits anyone crouching, still whiffs on some characters neutral crouching, we will have to be japan level to play hat trick.
Above hat trap is the same, no adictional commands no trajectory corrections, all strings frame data are exactly the same.

He also got some random buffs he didn't needed
Away low trap has now 25 recovery frames just as a regular trap, low hat trap also has 25 recovery frames.

Its also worth mentioning that 44 links in Hat Trick was untouched, we still get 36% raw damage, and Hatarang combos are all intact damage wise.

Well, it seems most of what we've been debating was all for nothing after all, meanwhile Tempest gets new ways to extend his damage from the new Hat Spin change which even allows him to switch sides with the opponent while he combos, as if he wasn't viable at all.

Its been fun guys, but if you are willing to play hat trick, you have to be more than just good, the odds will continue to be against you not because you suck, but because the game itself will work against you, can't wait to rage out of HCB whiffing on pixel life costing me the match when i need it the most (it has happened before).

Can't wait to my opponents to wakeup holding down to make my jugglers nearly impossible to fill on my own right reads. GGs Hat Trick Community.

More news, Hat Trick got some stealth nerfs.
If you use Hatarang, you can no longer hat trap right before the hat gets back to your head, the variation was already ass why his only reliable tech was removed? makes no sense.

Hatarang~(hits long range)~tele 2 no longer links since now he spawns on the other side hatless, so ETC Mcfly tech is gone.

Replace the old combo with this: (Fullscreen) Hatarang (first hit connects), jump in~dive kick~1, B32~spin, b321~low hat trap, it does 25% damage.

Will try to work on with the new hat traps random buffs later.

@I GOT HANDS
@God Confirm
@Youphemism
@ROG Moonspell
@ETC Mcfly
@Big Pampering
@Tweedy
@Carl
Good Job @Eddy Wang

@colt This is the most beautiful game mode. Help us to Improve this variation can be really feasible and this is the way it has to be a priority for Kung Lao.

It has all the help of "Hat Trick Community" to help make it better.

Really Thanks ;)

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
How often do your opponents disrespect your hat to the point that you rely on starting combos from DD2? Because that's definitely not something I need in my game plan for hat trick.

Also yeah that's why I said HCB needs to be safe.

Also how is the variation not functioning properly? If you make the right reads you have everything you could possibly need.
then your opponents are playing the MU wrong as there is literally no reason to respect the Hat

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
With the general Chip damage and meter building decreased this I am afraid we may struggle much more then before.

If someone is respecting the hat setups then clearly has no idea that KL is at no advantage while tossing the hat.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
... we just want the hat to hit mid against everyone consistently, to launch equally on stand or crouching stances when it juggles...
This :u was the minimum acceptable, I really don't get why they buff tempest but don't give such simple changes to hat trick.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
then your opponents are playing the MU wrong as there is literally no reason to respect the Hat
He has been playing him since "octoberish", he knows what he is talking about:DOGE

As if we didn't had the same conclusions early weeks when we got buffed just before the hatarang buff, but even before the hatarang buff we started to see what was really wrong with the character, only later on post hatarang buff was that we were sure of it, which was around "octoberish".

xMEECH

Dyslexic
He has been playing him since "octoberish", he knows what he is talking about:DOGE

As if we didn't had the same conclusions early weeks when we got buffed just before the hatarang buff, but even before the hatarang buff we started to see what was really wrong with the character, only later on post hatarang buff was that we were sure of it, which was around "octoberish".
Do your opponents not respect +13?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Do your opponents not respect +13?
you won't always have a bar, you can't just relentlessly spent it to reapply pressure, ex HCB is fine, and is your only tool to apply pressure loops, that was never the problem.

The problem is "Hat whiffing ", "Different launching proprieties in both HCB and low HCB if opponent is crouching" "Can't use a different setup because can't combo from them" "Hat is too far to link from a punish on your own right read" "No defense when you put a trap" "Always negative when you cancel anything into hat traps" "Above hat trap doesn't shield you from jumps" "Opponent moves himself in a position that you're placed in between the hat and him, and the variation becomes useless and predictable with no defense".

The opponent has no reason to respect your trap unless its already there and you are attacking, and when you're attacking, in order to continue your offense you have to spend a bar, other than that its an uphill battle, even if you can ex HCB to guarantee chip or juggle, if they wakeup with d3 or d1, as long as they're doing anything with the crouch button held, your exHCB will launch on a different float, that even you won't be able to hit confirm consistently, if you use a meterless one, you will get nothing because they hardly get out of the ground launched, if you are not on a correct distance to link with spin, lao will be open for a clean punish, and there is of course the chance of completly whiff over them giving them a punish, or worse, they blocking and you're at -7.

Every time you use any string to start pressure you're minus, that is not a problem for me, but every time you try to cancel any string into a trap you're even more minus, to get your pressure going its a 40% chance on your favor of out reading your opponent, they can use armor, jump, back dash, poke out, they can do anything they want, you can only risk yourself.

Everytime they block regular HCB they can retaliate, Kung lao himself can reversal punish you for using regular hcb on himself, your only answer is to ex spin, which is playing risky as hell.

Saltea Moonspell

Honestly guys regardless the changes I still love HT but when it comes to real match he wont be on the list anymore. I would have never thought that after a year of the game beeing out CSZ will be the only character making it back. He was one of the few I enjoyed a lot in MK9 - guys, I am happy that he is nothing like Hattrick. He might be OP but i'd rather him to be OP then the state that Dualist and Hatrick were left. As much as I have sympathy for NRS there is a curved "fuck You" emblem inside my heart - sorry for the grammar mistkes, I am totaly wasted tonight.

Saltea Moonspell

I see two options here:
1. They didn't gave a Fuck about Hattrick and community that was pointing out things that are unfinished.

2. They suffer false perception, in other they are RE tarded.

Last edited: