What's new

Xbox Series S frame issues

Mongrel

Noob
Is anyone else playing on Xbox Series S? The online is rough as it is but sometimes the game slows down to a crawl like maybe 10 frames or worse. It happens in both invasions and online versus. Does this happen on other systems as well?

Rizz091

Noob
Happens to me pretty often on Series S as well. Online games become unplayable. I also get occasional frame drops in training mode.

Mongrel

Noob
That sucks. I guess it's just very unoptimized for the S then if it doesn't happen on other systems. How does it work for the other player that I'm playing against when this happens? Does it affect both sides?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Most likely it would. If your copy of the game slows down, then your opponent's have to as well to keep in sync to your delayed game time. You are no longer playing the game at the same "time" and if it didn't, you would no longer be "in sync"; otherwise known as desynced. (I'm sure desynced is applied to any falling out of alignment or agreement between running copies. This situation is time alignment/agreement )

As I understand it, the original strat for that was to straight up stop the faster machine and have it wait for you to catch up. When you "lose inputs" it potentially could be because someone pressed a button during a sleep state that wasn't paying attention to inputs when sleeping. I think most games have figured out more graceful solutions to that part, but people keep talking like MK1 isn't really keeping pace with current rollback quality unfortunately

Mongrel

Noob
That's a real bummer. I'd say it works fine 50% of the time but then suddenly out of nowhere the frames drop to single digits. I hate that the other player gets punished for it as well. I wonder why it happens when it can work just fine half the time. I guess there's no work around either.

Rizz091

Noob
Crazy thing is I played the beta for hours and hours and never had this issue. Only the full release. One of many issues with this broken release.