What's new

Xbox One - digital vs physical?

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
Hello, I finally bought an Xbox One and I'm ready to enter the realm of MKX. But, I am having trouble deciding which version to buy because I've heard there were possible issues with the DIGITAL version. Is this true? Does it matter?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Digital works fine. There was an issue at release with the ps4 digital version. That's probably why you're hearing rumors. But it's not true. I buy everything digital and I havent had a single issue with digital mkx on xb1.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Digital you dont have to put a disc in. Physical you lend to a friend or potentially resell.
I got the Kollectors edition so digital wasn't an option.

i have digital and sometimes i have issue with horror pack and jason (they are missing, and after ome time thay are back), but you must remember that is "only" 40 GB to download :)

ferneo6

Rhizomes and moustaches
digital since launch. A disc can break, scratch, or get lost. You can always re-download a digital copy.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
It depends on what you want really. I got a physical copy, but at times I wish I had gotten it digitally. I bought KI digitally, and playing KI is just more convenient some times as I don't have to fumble with a disk when I want to play.

Probably the most missed feature of getting a digital copy though, is the automatic updates that you gain access to. When an update is pushed out, you won't have to wait to play as it will happen in the background automatically. Add that to the fact that you won't have to get up to change disks to play, and that might add up to a better deal to you.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Physical is probably the cheaper way to go, seeing as you can buy used copies.

I don't know what happens to digital copies, when the servers that facilitate there download get taken out of service in 10 years or so. I still play old games but I guess by then they will be retro titles you can download on newer systems.