What's new

Xbox 360 to PS3 converter?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Are there any of these out there? I might be going to a tourney the 10th of December and It is a PS3 MK tourney, if I have to I will buy the PS3 controller, but I would rather weigh all my options first.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I did some research on this a while ago and the best option seems to be to buy a PS2 wired controller and the converter below.

http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

It works perfectly, but make sure you run the pad in. The L2/R2 triggers and cross are a little different to the PS3 pad.

Oops also read wrong lol...

Zoidberg747

Im renewing this thread, as I have a tourney in a week and I need a converter for my wired 360 controller. I need some help with this ASAP, any would be appreciated. For the record the one posted by BeatDownMao is out of order, and I do not have the money to buy a PS2 controller AND a coverter.

Zoidberg747

You were a great help, thank you.

P.S. I play on the control stick, and for that xbox 360 is far superior.

Tim Static

Adminerator
You were a great help, thank you.

P.S. I play on the control stick, and for that xbox 360 is far superior.
MK9 & MKAK (the joke that it is) are better on 360.

But you use a stick? You really need to get that thing dual modded.

Let me find the converter you would need

Zoidberg747

If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, please leave it.

And it is better than PS3's control stick, I can tell you that from experience.

Thanks for the help Tim

Tim Static

Adminerator
If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, please leave it.

And it is better than PS3's control stick, I can tell you that from experience.

Thanks for the help Tim
I cant find anything worth while.

I really can only suggest is A. try to get ahold of someone like gummo and see if they can do somekind of pad hack. otherwise you might just need to switch to using the d-pad on a ps2 pad :(

or getting a stick.

Zoidberg747

Ill figure something out, at worst ill just used my wired PS3 controller that isnt the greatest, I really appreciate the help.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Its alright, already stumbled across this:
http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-AP-1-Controller-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B003IU01LC/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329537814&sr=1-9

It has the xbox layout and it is from PDP who i have found to be reliable. It is pretty cheap too.
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Xbox360-Controller-Adapter-Xbox-360/dp/B0042SB2I0

Zoid I use this for my tournies for my xbox controller just make sure you buy a WIRED controller. There's NO lag.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
The link I gave you is a device to use a wired 360 controller on a PS3.
Trash. So much lag.

That is the one I have. Tim is right, it does not work for 360 to PS3
I used that exact one for seasons beatings. Not to sound like the customer service person that asks the stupid questions but do you have the switch turned to PS3?

isnt that just for PS2/3 to a Xbox 360? Does it do 360 to PS3?
That is the one I showed you at Seasons Beatings that I used all weekend.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual

Tim Static

Adminerator
That is the one I showed you at Seasons Beatings that I used all weekend.

i dont even remember that lol :(
I use this, it doesn't seem to lag, but honestly I can't tell since I feel like the ps3 lags a little in general so it pisses me off. I honestly might get a dual modded stick just so I don't have to deal with adapters, but I do love my evil pad 360 controller...

http://www.focalprice.com/GXA81B/Xbox_360_Controller_to_PS3_Converter_Adapter_Black.html?utm_source=CS&utm_medium=GM_US&utm_campaign=CS_GM_US_GXA81B&gclid=CM28h9G7p64CFUff4Aod9jkdPQ
That converter seems janky. The FG community doesnt acknowledge any 360 to anything for 360 pads. There just isnt anything worthy.

I could also recommend the new Mad Catz MLG controller, because you can get it for either system and customize to be 360 or PS3 style. But they are $100 lol.

TheGreenBastrd

Parts Unknown
I have the same converter that Arsenal and Mao linked to: XCM cross battle adapter. Im no expert, but it seems to lag about 10 frames behind my inputs.
The main issue I have with this converter is that it seems to drop special move inputs quite often. For example, when I would input db2 or db4 the in game result would be d2 or d4 respectively. This happens maybe 20% of the time.
I wouldn't recommend using this in a tournament. The lag alone will handcuff you you when playing against characters who can frame trap well (e.g. Johnny Cage). You can still win matches, its just a hell of a lot harder.

At first, I wasn't sure if this problem was the converter or just the way MK9 runs on PS3, but recently I picked up a Qanba dual modded fightstick and it works flawlessly (no lag or dropped specials) on both consoles.
Sorry that I don't have a solution for you, I was searching for a good converter for about 4 months before i caved and bought a dual mod.

Also, Mao's feeling is right on; MK9 does lag at random moments on PS3 when offline. I've never really observed this on 360.