What's new

X-Ray Stories

I'm curious if anyone got some ridiculous stories such as unfavorable situations you got out of because of his X-Ray or times you didnt think it wouldnt land and it did.

For me Babalook and I were playing (pre hotfix) and I caught him out 2,1 in Quan Chi's rune trap.

I also use his X-Ray for JPS spam knifes to have the oppponent jump in and get caught with X-Ray although I'm positive I'm not the only one who does that.

Ok, picture this, my friend and I are having some fun with MK9, drinking beer and having a good time, we are doing one last match between my Kano and his Smoke (my friend is not that good in MK9 but he is very versatile on fighting games in general) and we are on round 3. He leave me at about 10% health and both of us are at max range, I throw a knife and hope he catch the bait (which he does) and X-Ray, he teleport punch to finish me off, Smoke hit me in the back but my super armor absorb the hit, then teleport again to do the second hit and my X-Ray catch him as he appear in front of me and make him eat a boot to the face for a completely awesome win for "No Charge".

Couldn't stop laughing after that.

I play every every night with a very good Subzero player and when i see him jumping backwards i know what will happen.....: he puts a clon while i perform the xray, who "absorb" the clon and hit sub-zero... LOL

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
This just reminds me I need better internet and I have to wait for the better netcode to actually get a good match with people

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
I believe I accidentally avoided a Smoke X-ray by using Quan Chi's teleport drop. Our collision negated his x-ray and my teleport acted as if it was blocked.

Another time was glitching out the camera by using CSZ x-ray. It orientated the camera in such a way the way that Jax appeared towards the camera and CZS appeared behind him.

Ok, picture this, my friend and I are having some fun with MK9, drinking beer and having a good time, we are doing one last match between my Kano and his Smoke (my friend is not that good in MK9 but he is very versatile on fighting games in general) and we are on round 3. He leave me at about 10% health and both of us are at max range, I throw a knife and hope he catch the bait (which he does) and X-Ray, he teleport punch to finish me off, Smoke hit me in the back but my super armor absorb the hit, then teleport again to do the second hit and my X-Ray catch him as he appear in front of me and make him eat a boot to the face for a completely awesome win for "No Charge".

Couldn't stop laughing after that.
So far thats the best one yet I'm gonna have to try that just for the hell of it on teleport spamming smokes online.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Raiden did a random EX teleport and it somehow auto-corrected and caught him once the teleport finished. Killed him with a boot to the face then ripped out his heart. He left the King of the hill after that. Got 2 10s and 2 8s for that fight.

Had a similar experience with an online tag team vs Smoke. I can verify the X-ray can absorb the 1st teleport punch and catch them on the 2nd. Same situation for me too, I had close to no life meter left at the end of round 3, X-ray'd the teleport punch for the win.

GStick

Noob
Yesterday - I actually baited a teleport punch while I was sitting on full X-Ray, thinking back to this topic. He only had maybe 30% life left, so I thought it was an awesome plan. I absorb the first hit of the teleport punch and... somehow my X-Ray whiffs and I get combo'd to death.

Must have timed it wrong or something.

1. When my xray got eaten by a kung Lao spin. Sadness :(

2. Got my footsie game going against a pretty good ermac player and walked up on his wake up, did the first punch of 2,1,2 string, he tried that elevation thing, he ate a xray. Didn't charge him but I profited anyways.