What's new

x-ray in hgh level gameplay

i dont want to get anyone down but ive seen nothing yet to sugest mk2011 will be a high level fighting game that can compete with games like sf
ns cant even program a shitty javascript countdown timer properly what chance do they have of making a balanced high level fighting game?

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I think the kombat time is referring to the whole Kombat Chat thing. Where the more popular characters rank up and get info released on them.. That's my guess at least. Hopefully by Monday (since they are releasing stuff on the site every mortal monday (as confirmed by the official warner brothers website press release)) we'll all be able too register.

i dont want to get anyone down but ive seen nothing yet to sugest mk2011 will be a high level fighting game that can compete with games like sf
ns cant even program a shitty javascript countdown timer properly what chance do they have of making a balanced high level fighting game?
what makes you think the people who are making the game are the same people who did the countdown? .... but yes i do agree mk9 does not look at the level of ssf4...... now about the game been balanced or not that is some thing nobody can talk abou yet

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
what makes you think the people who are making the game are the same people who did the countdown? .... but yes i do agree mk9 does not look at the level of ssf4...... now about the game been balanced or not that is some thing nobody can talk abou yet
I agree...Plus, not to mention none of us have actually played the game so to make a remark like "it won't be good or a high level fighter" at this point is just ridiculous...and I personally don't care about SSF4, it has it's own faults and things people don't like even, MK is different and good in it's own way.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
Now that the game is out, and people have had chances to play the game, I think it's safe to say that, even early on, X-Rays shouldn't be used unless it's to finish the game. 3 Meters is just too much to do an X-Ray that may or may not hit, and even if you combo into it, the X-Ray will scale heavily, and not even be worth it at the end of the combo.

Can X-rays be unblockable? I haven't played around with it, but I made a video where I am able to land an X-ray even though the CPU is blocking "Always".

Thoughts?

Now that the game is out, and people have had chances to play the game, I think it's safe to say that, even early on, X-Rays shouldn't be used unless it's to finish the game. 3 Meters is just too much to do an X-Ray that may or may not hit, and even if you combo into it, the X-Ray will scale heavily, and not even be worth it at the end of the combo.
I'm trying Sonya in Training to get ready for her in story mode. If I do her Xray it gives me 33% damage. However if I do a kartwheel and a few juggle punches and THEN the xray, it only gives me 31%...

So is it pretty much pointless to end combos with an xray due to damage scaling? I'd be better off doing a combo and doing the xray separately.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I'm trying Sonya in Training to get ready for her in story mode. If I do her Xray it gives me 33% damage. However if I do a kartwheel and a few juggle punches and THEN the xray, it only gives me 31%...

So is it pretty much pointless to end combos with an xray due to damage scaling? I'd be better off doing a combo and doing the xray separately.
The xray has to scale in a combo. Think about what damage would be like if it didnt. Imagine your standard 40-45% BnB combo with a 35% or more xray tacked on at the end. Your talking 70-75% damage. That would be to insane.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
The xray has to scale in a combo. Think about what damage would be like if it didnt. Imagine your standard 40-45% BnB combo with a 35% or more xray tacked on at the end. Your talking 70-75% damage. That would be to insane.
I did a combo into the corner with Kung Lao, ended it with jk-dive, jk-dive, front punch, xray and the combo rang up 56%. I did the same combo but delayed the xray until my roomie tried jumping out of the corner. Total 71% with the initial combo and the punished escape attempt. Noticable difference.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
That's true, so using your X-Ray to combo into with most characters is dumb.

Dark_Rob

Noob
That's true, so using your X-Ray to combo into with most characters is dumb.
Id say its character dependent for the most part. Some characters have better use for they're meter than Xray and some really dont. Also if it will end a round or a match by tacking the xray on at the end of a combo Il do it.

sebiel

Noob
From what I know with my character, I have 1 bar punish combo for 40%, and an X-ray that does 39% when canceled from a poke. Why would I ever do the latter?

Because the former does only 5% if the opponent uses a Combo Breaker. If my opponent has 30% life and 2 meters, the 1 bar punish combo will NOT kill him because he'll CB it. This adds to the idea of "guaranteed X-rays can be good in KILL situations."