What's new

Tech - Sub-Zero X-Ray Freeze Parry!?

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I'm not sure how well this is known, but for those of you Sub-Zero players who don't know, he has a PARRY!
If held down, Sub-Zero's Xray freezes incoming attacks and allows you either follow through with the Xray, or cancel out into a combo. Now since I'm not a Sub-Zero player it doesn't seem very practical to me unless you're stuffing an opponent's jump in attempt near the end of the round and for a win. But hey, its **cool** none-the-less ;)

@STORMS
@Tom Brady
@Qwark28
@Denzell
@Subzeeros
@Sub MK Zero
@AnyotherSubplayersImissed

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Yep this is known for all sub players. That being said it's absolutely sick looking X-Ray which is also very practical in many situations. I have been using it countless times to finish the matches. Especially works great when you put ur opponent in the corner and you expect his counter attack / wakepup / jump in's. Works like a charm.
@Prime Lad you can also dash out of your parry stance :)
Here's how I use this X-Ray in matches when opponent is very aggresive or cornered.

Or here at 4:55

P.S. For more style I love to parry them and when they freeze - still hold them in frozen statue form for another 2 seconds before releasing the hit :D.