What's new

www.noob.com

X820

Noob
They've taken this back to the days when MK had some mystery left in it..
Ed Boon said that ALL characters will be renewed, so no Scorpion, no Sub etc.

Having this said, This MK has to be better then all previous games combined to even meet the expectations from fans halfway.

Sure we all hope 2D, and I read somewhere in an interview that Ed Boon said that all the fans missed "jumping over fireballs" and whatnot, personally I think this is a game that won't live up to the MK series and if you expect another MK game you will be more dissapointed.

All we really can do is wait and see what those fuckheads give us next.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Hahaha except it was all one person talking to himself, trying to put together a counter with limited resources. ;)
Yeah, but they can probably afford the $100 for a good flash making tool, lol.

BTW, Eyes have been added to the image on noob.com

Scaaaaaarrryyyy

EDIT: They also have GREA written on the picture:

dreemernj

Ambassador
The text was dark enough that an intern without a well adjusted monitor might not even notice it was there, lol.

My guess is it indicates the next game will be "Mortal Kombat: Great Race.". They're just going to ditch fighting all together and build the next game off of motor kombat.

The text was dark enough that an intern without a well adjusted monitor might not even notice it was there, lol.

My guess is it indicates the next game will be "Mortal Kombat: Great Race.". They're just going to ditch fighting all together and build the next game off of motor kombat.
That would suck mighty penis.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Answers?

Updated www.noob.com
Yeah, another update. Actually they changed it a few times the past couple days. There is an "Event" parameter for the countdown (in the HTML code) and that has been set to "Answers" since the counter went up.

Another fun fact, although not very handy, is that the image is made in photoshop 7 and the original photoshop document used to create it was called "Noob title work 05"

dreemernj

Ambassador
And noob.com has taken a step into the retarded with their new image. Now there are animals across the bottom.

A rhino, an anteater, a gorilla, and an elephant.

Kabal, Noob Saibot, Reptile, and Rain had those animalities (sorta).

Or maybe they're saying watch animal planet for more updates!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well now it's an invalid file type. Maybe it'll be an invalid fighting game.

Dreemernj posted something a while back of the site having the letters GREA on it.

Now it has 4 animals on the bottom....gorilla, rhino, elephant, anteater.

If you take the first letter of each of the animals, it will coincide with the letters that were posted before. "G"orilla, "R"hino, "E"lephant, "A"nteater.

So what does that mean? Could be nothing but a hell of a coincidence.....

dreemernj

Ambassador
Take the animal letters in order and what do you get?

Rage

Now that sounds like an MK word. Maybe a crossover with Primal Rage!?!?!?!

I would agree with Shock, the gameplay needs to be really simple, but with enough variety so that all sorts of tactics and different styles are possible.

I would prefer a 2D fighting engine, but I reckon a lot of gaming sites and publications would give really horrible reviews. Most of them will dismiss anything that is not running on the latest technology AKA in 3D.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I would agree with Shock, the gameplay needs to be really simple, but with enough variety so that all sorts of tactics and different styles are possible.

I would prefer a 2D fighting engine, but I reckon a lot of gaming sites and publications would give really horrible reviews. Most of them will dismiss anything that is not running on the latest technology AKA in 3D.
I think that is very true. If it isn't 3D it's going to get panned by "reviewers" and will probably receive little attention (in the form of purchases) from the average gamer.

The average gamer thinks MKD was the best fighting game EVAH.

Would be nice to have at least a 2d mode or something. It just sucks it will prob be 3d, and made for the average dick faced gamer.

lol. Just another quick point, if they were to release a new 2D version, it would probably be through XBL/PSN/WiiOnline(dont know the wii shorthand). Which would be fine by me...
I've also been racking my brain as to what could be so new or original and the only thing I can think of is simulating real physics and biology.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I half expect their "Grittier" looking MK is going to turn out being Tao Feng 2: Revenge of Shallow Gameplay.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Primal Kombat, Mortal Rage!? What will it be!?????
Bloody Roar! lol

I half expect their "Grittier" looking MK is going to turn out being Tao Feng 2: Revenge of Shallow Gameplay.
oh fuck no. But I would looooove to see Ed & John kiss and make up and make another MORTAL KOMBAT game again FOR ONCE. Geesh, and call it MK5 as if nothing "bad" has happened since. :D

ZAQ

Noob
HaHa!
Notice how Boon is always obsessed with how the game LOOKS after Tobias left.

I don't blame Tobias though, I'd get tired of looking at those fuckin' eyebrows too.