What's new

WWE 2K15 (possible alt cover art pics and thoughts)

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
Haven't truly enjoyed wresling games since Smackdown vs Raw 2006 and Raw 2 for the xbox. I used to pick em up every year but the last I bought for me was like SVR2011. I have 2k14 for my nephew but it doesn't hold my interest long enough to enjoy it no more.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Same here, I'm glad they are doing that. I also want them to go back to the two reversal triggers instead of just one, it made the game to easy
Been saying this for years.

Needs to one button to reverse grapples and one button to reverse strikes. That's my #1 gripe. You can essentially just mash away on reverse. There is no guessing game/reads necessary.

John Grizzly

Haven't truly enjoyed wresling games since Smackdown vs Raw 2006 and Raw 2 for the xbox. I used to pick em up every year but the last I bought for me was like SVR2011. I have 2k14 for my nephew but it doesn't hold my interest long enough to enjoy it no more.
2K14 was shitty. As they all have been for years and years.

This game has promise. If it plays half as good as it looks, it could be incredible.

Cody

Noob
I just want to state my opinion.

I don't think those are in-game pictures, just for hype. However, if they're in game, sweet.

Cody

Noob
Oh, and I'm less excited for this game than I have been any game. I'm not a fan of full simulation or NXT, and everything I've read on the game so far leads to them moving towards both of those things.

John Grizzly

I just want to state my opinion.

I don't think those are in-game pictures, just for hype. However, if they're in game, sweet.
These are in game models. 2K has confirmed this. These aren't cut scenes or anything like that.

Again, they are using the same technology for character models that they used on NBA 2K14. NBA 2K14 is considered the most graphically impressive sports game to this date. WWE 2K15 will only improve on that. I'd also like to mention how good EA Sports UFC looks. The Create a Fighter mode is shit, but the actual models in game look awesome.

We are approaching the era where actual in game footage can be confused as a cut scene. I was guilty of this while watching clips of Arkham Knight.

It's a good time to be alive.

Cody

Noob
These are in game models. 2K has confirmed this. These aren't cut scenes or anything like that.

Again, they are using the same technology for character models that they used on NBA 2K14. NBA 2K14 is considered the most graphically impressive sports game to this date. WWE 2K15 will only improve on that. I'd also like to mention how good EA Sports UFC looks. The Create a Fighter mode is shit, but the actual models in game look awesome.

We are approaching the era where actual in game footage can be confused as a cut scene. I was guilty of this while watching clips of Arkham Knight.

It's a good time to be alive.
Oh, I know a lot of games do it with phenomenal graphics. I think it was just hard for me to admit that somebody actually put time into a WWE game for once in many years. Cesaro and Orton (as seen above) look like they're actually wrestling though. Cesaro looks fucking fantastic. As long as they don't base the game around NXT, it's a buy for me, that's for sure. Can't wait for the roster reveal.

John Grizzly

Oh, I know a lot of games do it with phenomenal graphics. I think it was just hard for me to admit that somebody actually put time into a WWE game for once in many years. Cesaro and Orton (as seen above) look like they're actually wrestling though. Cesaro looks fucking fantastic. As long as they don't base the game around NXT, it's a buy for me, that's for sure. Can't wait for the roster reveal.
Why would it be based around NXT? NXT has some great talent and I really do hope those wrestlers are included in the game, but it certainly won't be based around their developmental division. That would be silly.

Still one button reversals, still not a fucking game. sigh.
How can you tell only one button is being used? Was there a pop-up that stated that?

trufenix

bye felicia
How can you tell only one button is being used? Was there a pop-up that stated that?
If you watch the video "R2" and "Too Late" and "Too Soon" pops up above his head anytime the cpu takes a swing / grab at him. Happened for both grabs and strikes, so I'm assuming they have already made the decision.

Cody

Noob
Still one button reversals, still not a fucking game. sigh.
Having two button reversals determines whether a game is a game or not now, lol? Sillyness.

Why would it be based around NXT? NXT has some great talent and I really do hope those wrestlers are included in the game, but it certainly won't be based around their developmental division. That would be silly.
Because the main attraction seems to be going towards a career mode where you start off as an NXT wrestler. However, if they so much as put NXT superstars in the game, I won't be buying it. As you said, they're developmental superstars. There's no need to give them hype and I'm not going to support people that aren't even in WWE's main product.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
- John Cena overall: 96
- Randy Orton overall: 92
- Cesaro overall: 93
- Goldust overall: 87

According to some guy who have played it at gamescom now you cannot start matches with ddt or spiinebuster but only with punches,kicks and grapple. Also gameplay is more fluid and similar to ufc games .