What's new

WTH !?! umk3 & xbox live happenings......

So last night I joined a versus challenger room with two other users. All seems fine and the norm when after winning a match at some point, instead of being taken back to the live vs challenger screen we're all taken to the arcade mode continue screen !

Upon the 10 second expiration, it then goes to the single player choose your destiny screen where everything is then running in fast forward mode ! I had to reboot umk3 as did the others.

Is this a normal occurance, some type of weird desynch ? Just mighty curious after the incident and looking for some insight.

its called lag, this happens when the people in the room can't connect with each other, so instead of booting people it simply makes player 1 play the computer, happens quite a lot when playing with people from japan i have noticed

ilovepoop said:
its called lag, this happens when the people in the room can't connect with each other, so instead of booting people it simply makes player 1 play the computer, happens quite a lot when playing with people from japan i have noticed
Its happened to me in rooms with no lag or delay whatsoever.

Its from bad programming.

im sorry frankie but your wrong it has nothing to do with program, its from desync'ing and lag, it does the same thing when u are playing on kaillera and u desync, reason it would happen in a game where there was no lag is because someone quit or someone joined at the wrong time, that started it

So this sorta thing will happen in any game on mame and/or xbl? Cause if desync'ing or lag can cause it then something like this is possible on any game and not related to the UMK3 emulation used in MAME nor XBL.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
When one player's connection is too slow, it has a hard time disconnecting the match at the end. You will occassionally see the continue screen start to come down in somewhat laggy matches and hear the sound as well but it usually catches up and disconnects the match. I've seen this happen maybe 5 times or so.

Shock said:
When one player's connection is too slow, it has a hard time disconnecting the match at the end. You will occassionally see the continue screen start to come down in somewhat laggy matches and hear the sound as well but it usually catches up and disconnects the match. I've seen this happen maybe 5 times or so.
Same here Shock. It's just that because of my good connection and someone else's bad connection it does not take me to the continue screen.

LuxtoN

Noob
Ive seen it happen aswell, but it happened when playing my brother in the same house over live. Oh well after the sped up arcade game it went back to normal.