What's new

General/Other - Full Auto WTF? Double ex-db3 rocket glitch?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

Pardon my bluntless.. WTF is this shit??

If you do ex-db3 and hold 3, then do ex-db2, sometimes a 2nd ground rocket comes out instead of an enhanced up rocket.

EDIT: you really just do ex-db3, then db-block

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I mean.. I don't main Full Auto, and I can't think of a situation where you would want to do both of these specials at the same time, but this shouldn't happen anyway.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Do you have input shortcuts on? Release check?

This looks pretty useless, but I'd like to figure out why it's happening.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
when you're holding the 3 it'll count as a 3 input. for example you can do ex d.b+3 keep it held and then tap 1 to register as 1+3 for a throw. so you're holding the 3 and then quickly doing d,b for the d.b+2 and that's registering as d,b+3.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
My instinct tells me that this has something to do with you resetting training mode so it gets confused as to how many rockets are around, but I could totally be wrong.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
My favorite part is when the second rocket explodes at her feet, even though it's 6 feet away. Classic Jacqui...

when you're holding the 3 it'll count as a 3 input. for example you can do ex d.b+3 keep it held and then tap 1 to register as 1+3 for a throw. so you're holding the 3 and then quickly doing d,b for the d.b+2 and that's registering as d,b+3.
I second this. It's very annoying when you put an exLowRocket on their wakeup, go to check them with 11 and a grab comes out and ruins your beautiful unblockable.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Plus your input shows you're not pressing block and 2 at the same time, so if you aren't doing it quickly enough the game is registering your held input of 3 + block first before it reading it as block + 2. I personally like the held input thing because of the throw setup making it basically free damage, but I can see how it would annoy people who don't intend to do that.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Oh, if you're looking at my inputs, my buttons are assigned differently. I am definitely doing the enhanced versions of both specials.

1 = X
2 = Square
3 = Circle
4 = Triangle
Block = R1