What's new

Tech WoWo vs KF's Slide

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I am the only frost player (I use the term player loosely) that despises the Wonder Woman matchup?
What are you talking about its a 5-5 matchup because Ribbz said so!
Don't question his authority despite losing a 7-3 Doomsday matchup, dont question it

What are you talking about its a 5-5 matchup because Ribbz said so!
Don't question his authority despite losing a 7-3 Doomsday matchup, dont question it
It's not just Ribbz. Khaotik, Ricky, and I all agreed with that number. You are the only one who doesn't, and you're a poor KF player who downplays constantly. Even if we pretend that your opinion holds any weight at all, the majority is with 5-5 on this one. trustinme is describing frustration with the matchup but isn't commenting on whether it's ultimately 5-5 or not.

And for fucks sake, a 7-3 isn't an autowin. People win 1-9s with O.Honda in ST to this day. Recurrently being a dick about Ribbz' loss doesn't change the matchup numbers, it just makes you look more and more like an asshole with nothing helpful to add.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
It's not just Ribbz. Khaotik, Ricky, and I all agreed with that number. You are the only one who doesn't, and you're a poor KF player who downplays constantly. Even if we pretend that your opinion holds any weight at all, the majority is with 5-5 on this one. trustinme is describing frustration with the matchup but isn't commenting on whether it's ultimately 5-5 or not.

And for fucks sake, a 7-3 isn't an autowin. People win 1-9s with O.Honda in ST to this day. Recurrently being a dick about Ribbz' loss doesn't change the matchup numbers, it just makes you look more and more like an asshole with nothing helpful to add.
When you act like that, you make the whole Frost forum look bad you know that

When you act like that, you make the whole Frost forum look bad you know that
Lol, you're the only one who's had a noticeably negative effect on the KF forum's reputation. You need a reality check pronto.

You're just trying to attack RiBBz22 behind his back, and you failed hard. You just demonstrated your own misunderstanding of matchup numbers rather than caused anyone to rethink any matchups.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Lol, you're the only one who's had a noticeably negative effect on the KF forum's reputation. You need a reality check pronto.

You're just trying to attack RiBBz22 behind his back, and you failed hard. You just demonstrated your own misunderstanding of matchup numbers rather than caused anyone to rethink any matchups.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
One thing about the d3 spam after a blocked slide is that you can do special moves sooner during recovery than you can normals... this means that I can punish your next d3 attempt with another slide (unless the d3 is blocked further away) or an iceberg, albeit unsafe.

One thing about the d3 spam after a blocked slide is that you can do special moves sooner during recovery than you can normals... this means that I can punish your next d3 attempt with another slide (unless the d3 is blocked further away) or an iceberg, albeit unsafe.
We've been over that, slide blows up a lot of WW's pokes at that range. Parry takes care of the rest. She has to go airborn to stop those options.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
We've been over that, slide blows up a lot of WW's pokes at that range. Parry takes care of the rest. She has to go airborn to stop those options.
My bad, I didn't read past the first couple posts. I just wanted to share what I know.

Whelp, I just suffered an unholy ass raping from A F0xy Grampa, the likes of which I haven't had since I first started playing SF4. I still think he's wrong about sweep blowing up KF - it hardly came up in the matchups. But it was rough.

Admittedly, I think the latency from the America-Europe connection affected things a bit. I dropped a shitton of combos I never drop, had serious issues AAing airdash-ins that I read hardcore, and had trouble parrying mids I knew were coming. But even with all that, I definitely wouldn't have even tied.

WW's 33 is basically unparryable when you have to worry about everything else she can throw at you from that range. Her corner game is nasty, and her combos do insane damage and corner carry like half the map. Foxy might ultimately be right, this could be a rough one.

Foxy, are you going to NEC? I'd like to see you play Khaotik.