What's new

WoundCowboy Wins Injustice at Frosty Faustings VI!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Maxintensity25
Another Bane top 3 finish. Great work.

GGA 16 Bit GGA pimpimjim GGA Wafflez
Great work. I knew I wasn't wrong to say that GGA would run shop if they ever showed up to the event.

WoundCowboy
Good to see some solid representation for a character that interested me but I could never play. Solid win, you're one of the few people that could fight a Bane player and I couldn't pick sides because your play-style always struck home as something I wanna accomplish if I had a higher skill ceiling.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Just out of curiosity, who did PL use against Dizzy, Lao or Kabal?
If I remember right, he used all Kabal in that set.

I was actually going to record that grand finals set on my phone, but the Marvel crowd was gathered around the main stage, which was right next to the MK 9 station. I wasn't able to find a good spot to record without having to constantly move aside for people trying to get through.

Thanks to everyone who came out and played, or who just watched from home, and congrats to Wound. Shoutouts to Delriach and GGA 16 Bit for commentary again. I've been on vacation from work for over a week so I'm going to be busy as fuck this week but I will try to get some videos cut to YT by early next week, until then I think there should be archives on my channel. I was stuck in my AE pool for most of IGAU so I'm hoping to catch the replays!

Reactions: Jim

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Were they handing out valium at this tournament? Everyone looked drugged while they were playing. I wasn't sure if they were playing a video game or in the waiting room for the proctologist.

Anyway, some fucking sick matches here. Love watching 16 Bit's Selina and Max's Bane. I immediately lost interest when I saw Superman on my screen, though. Congrats to all who placed top 8.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
This tournament had lots of great stuff.

Someone making top 8 with all Catwoman is awesome.

Bane again making top 8 is awesome.

No Black Adam or Aquaman in top 8. Superman and Batman only used as counter picks.

Sinestro won even though zoning is irrelevant in this game.

Wound played his ass off, and won this tournament because he was the best. And thats awesome IMO. Showed that by putting in the work, he's going to always be a threat.

Great tourney. Props to the players, the venue, and the streamer.

GGA Saucy Jack

Man if zoning were as bad as everyone says, Bane would be top 5 so easily :(

Also I can't remember , you and jack sauce are different people, yeah?
Same guy. ImNewbieSauce / SaucyJack. Aka...dude who gets bodied free regardless of his handle.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Same guy. ImNewbieSauce / SaucyJack. Aka...dude who gets bodied free regardless of his handle.
I just remember at GGA they made you change it because no one likes getting bodies by a guy named "newbie".

By the by you did solid. Chicago taking 5/8 of the slots just feels right to me lol. Who was your toughest match? I know you tend to go pretty even with max and them when I see you so I can't imagine anything was too difficult (you looked a bit nervous though... And high lol)

GGA Saucy Jack

I just remember at GGA they made you change it because no one likes getting bodies by a guy named "newbie".

By the by you did solid. Chicago taking 5/8 of the slots just feels right to me lol. Who was your toughest match? I know you tend to go pretty even with max and them when I see you so I can't imagine anything was too difficult (you looked a bit nervous though... And high lol)
I had a lot of tough matches. Mentally it was probably 16bit. If I had to guess, the reason I looked nervous and/or high was because I was mentally checked out for that match. It was over before it started. To 16bits credit, he noticed it, and told me literally while we were playing to pick myself up and get my head in the game, which was cool considering he could have just told me that afterwards to make it easier on himself.

Wound was super tough because hes obviously a great player. I was actually demanding Sinestro nerfs while he was beating me because he had me so frustrated.

I also had to play Dizzy in pools which is always tough, no matter how rusty he was.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I actually did not order those. Looks like I messed up. Damn.
Yes. Yes, you did. Also, an honorable mention will have to go towards their chicken fingers.

Seriously...I really don't want to think about how many pounds I gained there, this weekend.