What's new

Match Footage Woundcowboy in Neutral

Which player would you like to see next the series?

• DR Gross

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Foxy Grandpa

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Reo

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Coach Steve

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Yomi Slayer

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Yomi Saltface

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Yomi Burger King

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Hayatei

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
WoundCowboy in Neutral

You voted for it, you got it!
After winning a first to ten of the ages and having a previous victory at EGL, cR Woundcowboy as shown great patience and spacing while in neutral in MKX. Albeit there was initial controversy of whether if it was either Wound or the character, his recent placements and gameplay have shown that his fundamentals over the past years have gotten him to level he is today.

The following GIFs are of Woundcowboy in neutral, in addition to pressure situations and also okizeme.

Don’t Teleport

Good footsies to close the round

Scoop 1

Good movement

Raw overhead in neutral after checking lasers

Delayed hellsparks on johnny cage?

Vote for who you want next!
That’s right, due to the good response from the previous poll, I have decided to continue this. I’m not sure how I will rotate (maybe winner of the previous major or current top 8 placers switch out with the lowest votes). Look at the gifs below before you vote!

Throwback?
Be on the look out. I plan on doing a throwback thread for MK9/injustice for who you want to see. To avoid flame wars I will do mk9 and injustice separately (so you won’t see injustice and mk9 in the same poll, to be fair). If you have any suggestions for past MK9/MKX players you want to see in neutral, feel free to post them. (Not a 100% guarantee they will make it in, but I’ll try to be as fair as I can)

Can I nominate myself? I am the greatest and…

Future Trip Guard Thread?
Wanted to do a thread on Trip Guard, expect it in the much later future however.

When will the next thread be?
Like I said in the last thread, because of school (finals…ugh) I’m not sure when the next thread will be done. At the earliest, expect a thread by the end of December.

Tag list (if you want to be tagged in future threads let me know)

(Edit: I had to redo the thread since I tried editing with my phone and it screwed the whole thread up. Expect more gifs later)

Last edited:
Opening with d4, hellsparks

Wakeup with hellsparks (3/4ths screen)

Similar Situation (hellsparks on wakeup)

Low poke to check run in

Jumpback punch to catch run in

Stagger (walk forward) on vortex to open DJT’s defense

Preemptive anti-air with hellsparks

Controlling space with normal/Hellsparks to remove hat

Last edited:
Anti-air

Punishing the recovery frames of teleport with grab

Example of good zoning, forcing Dab to overextend

Max Range Scoop by Cowboy

Hard knock with overheard for oki?

Wakeup backdash for space

Using a feint to fake a fireball, causing dab to jump early

Last edited:
Vortex into nothing then grab\

d4 to check run, then grab

low poke into run up grab

Long range scoop

Exploiting the gap

Controlling space with hellsparks

Dirty conversion after d2 anti-air

Nice whiff punish on the low poke, followed by overhead

Last edited:
Check on invisible predator with d4

Corner pressure

Blowing up disk-grab setup with armored scoop

Well timed jump to close the round

Scoop #2

Scoop #3

Good movement

Last edited:
Scoop #4

Scoop vs. hat

Backdash out of pressure then grab

Check with hellsparks

Anti-air on crossup attempt

Scoop to interrupt Kung Lao Pressure

Reaction to teleport

Whiff Punish on Teleport (walkforward hellsparks)

Last edited:
GIFS of each player in the voting list.

Foxy Grandpa (super on reaction to d2)

Reo (Jason footsies)

Gross (disgusting anti-air vs. prepatch tanya)

Coach Steve (out of the corner and check on run-in)

Yomi Slayer ("The" conversion)

Yomi Saltface (Reaction to rocket)

Yomi Burgerking (Backdash into whiff punish)

Hayatei (whiff punish)

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I need to see all of these players use Kitana in footsies before I make a comment. I would include Fox in that statement, but he's hardly used Kitana since everyone figured out how to block low.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
These are my favorite threads on tym but ever since the last tym update, I can no longer see GIFs on my phone.

Awesome.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Great job with WoundCowboy. I'd personally like to see footages dedicated to all the players listed in the poll (I suppose the order doesn't matter).

GIFS of each player in the voting list.

Yomi Slayer ("The" conversion)
Yeah, Slayer's conversions are godlike. I'm sometimes in awe of how easily he's able to do it consistently.

Some more examples:

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
I love these threads

But seriously fix the fucking quality of your gifts man they are appalling
Creating quality gifs consume quite a bit of time though. He'd need a reliable software (i.e. something like Adobe Photoshop) for his gifs to look the way you want them to and seeing as he uses ample footage to showcase even one player, I'd say it's more convenient for him to continue using makeagif.com.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Creating quality gifs consume quite a bit of time though. He'd need a reliable software (i.e. something like Adobe Photoshop) for his gifs to look the way you want them to and seeing as he uses ample footage to showcase even one player, I'd say it's more convenient for him to continue using makeagif.com.
Thats true, doesn't have to be Photoshop level tho, I made this gif in a few seconds in one of the first sites I found online for doing it

This quality would be much nicer for the thread IMO and wouldn't take anymore time, possibly even faster as I recall that site had an option for creating multiple gifs at once. Just honest feedback and suggestions here

wheres the @InFlames in the neutral thread

I love these threads

But seriously fix the fucking quality of your gifts man they are appalling
Haha, yeah I probably need to invest some time looking into better looking gifs. :p

Thats true, doesn't have to be Photoshop level tho, I made this gif in a few seconds in one of the first sites I found online for doing it

This quality would be much nicer for the thread IMO and wouldn't take anymore time, possibly even faster as I recall that site had an option for creating multiple gifs at once. Just honest feedback and suggestions here
Which site is that? I'll like to give it a try in the later future I tried gifcat but it wouldn't let me post it on TYM for some reason. Thanks for the suggestions.

Added some more gifs in the reserved section. If you haven't already, vote in the poll. I'm not sure when I'll be closing it, probably in the next 24 hours from now, but I'll extend it if NEC changes some peoples minds in the list above. Since I'm done with finals I should have more time to do this as well.