What's new

Would you still play mk9 if all resets were taken out?

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
That means:
no kabal f4 reset
no cage nut punch reset
no cyrax reset
no smoke reset
no sonya reset
no scarlet reset
no reptile reset
no sindel reset
no sub reset
no scorp vortex
no sector reset
no quan reset
now there are prob some i did not list but you guys get the point Im wondering would you enjoy the game more if it was like this, or would you enjoy it less, or do you feel they should continue with resets in mk10. I have to say with all honesty I like the resets just not huge combo resets like cyrax so i would be ok if they did the whole reset thing again its pretty fun only when it doesn't happen 2 you!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Cage's Nut Punch Reset does not need to be removed from this game, its an intentional reset. The only way you could get rid of the reset is if you removed nut punch from the game. Even in MK2 you could hit after a nut punch.

Superi0rMagik

Cage's Nut Punch Reset does not need to be removed from this game, its an intentional reset. The only way you could get rid of the reset is if you removed nut punch from the game. Even in MK2 you could hit after a nut punch.
if they wanted to they could:)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah, a true reset which negates wakeups are fine. The guaranteed damage 'resets' (for lack of a better word) are dumb. I really don't think most MK players know what a true reset actually is...

And just to clarify, Reptile doesn't really even have a reset.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
things like cyrax's or jax's damge expoilts needs to go

things like baraka's f4 and mileena's neckbite kind of resets im fine with

Espio

Kokomo
Everyone already covered it legit resets should stay, unintentional things like what Smoke, Jax, and Cyrax need to go.

Sonya, Skarlet, Jade, Stryker, Baraka, Mileena, Cage, Quan etc are fine with their resets because they do not guarantee damage, they just negate wake ups and allow continued pressure, all a reset should do and nothing more.

Superi0rMagik

Yeah, a true reset which negates wakeups are fine. The guaranteed damage 'resets' (for lack of a better word) are dumb. I really don't think most MK players know what a true reset actually is...

And just to clarify, Reptile doesn't really even have a reset.
you must not use reptile then!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The only kind of resets that need to go are the reset combos with Smoke and Cyrax. The pressure resets can stay, they're not that bad.

We need to be wary of what changes we suggest to the game, because some could break it beyond repair. We want it to be playable, not un-playable.

That said...being the Mortal Kombat loyalist I am, I would still play even if all those tactics were removed. Raiden got nerfed beyond belief (which is bullshit) and I didn't stop using him. Sub-Zero got nerfed to shit and I didn't stop using him. And I could go on. :)

NOTE: This thread needs to be relocated to the Mortal Kombat 9 General Discussion section.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
sigh.....Cyrax, Jax, and Smoke's resets arent real resets.Resets are supposed to reset the combo followed by a 50/50 mix up.Normal resets would be fine since you have the chance of avoiding it by guessing right.These "OTG's" thats what I like to call em are unavoidable once you have been caught and the only way to get out is to use a breaker.Regular resets are fine the other shit probably needs to go.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The only resets that need to be removed are 100% resets (unblockable) and unintentional ones.

Like Cyrax's and Smoke's.

And Quan Chi's b/c it's retarded. lol

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i main KL so of course i would.

MK has different meaning to reset than other games like KOF or SF though. in those games, a reset means exactly that- instead of going for max damage the situation is reset in favor of neither player, both are in equal standing which for the tricky offender grants the mixup opportunity for another combo, but at a risk because the tricky defender will react correctly at such short notice to defend the combo and deny the opportunity. that is a REAL reset. in MK, a reset means unavoidable double combo damage with 0 risk to the offender, the situation is not reset, only the damage scaling is. the only character who really needs an MK reset is noob saibot. smoke and cyrax resets are retarded as fuck unavoidable super damage. they are very op. they dont 'need it'. they NEED something else. not braindead blueprint no risk combos.

but hey, im not complaining, bring it on cyrax players, i love winning against you fucks.

edit: Ermaculate_Slim knows whats up

Enenra

Go to hell.
If I play it with them, why wouldn't I play without them? The real resets are fine, Jesus resurrecting himself to kombo reset me isn't.

@IniquityDM@
Reptile has a reset. Its more a guessing game. It doesnt guarantee reset, but it does forces your opponent to stand up but your opponent can choose not to get reset. But then reptile can do oki game + 7% damage

Plz take out all resets, itll make all reptile players life a lot easier.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
You know that was my exact same response when Sub players was bitching about how NRS took sub zeros reset and damage and how he "needed it" but yet sub is still plenty viable.If they took the rune trap from quan he might become worse then jade.I know its cheap as hell but he doesnt really have anything else.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I think Rax should just be removed from the game completely :D The net alone is broken. 3 Times bigger than an iceball, 4 frames less recovery, and it comes out 10 frames faster. Fuck Cyrax.