Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither :(

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hey all, as some of you know, I'm a hobbyist game designer. I've been working on two games on-and-off for almost 13 years, and I'm ready to finally finish at least one of them. I was hoping to get some community feedback, partially to help me decide which one to try to finish, but also to just help motivate me to get across that finish line. Any feedback, positive or negative, is appreciated, as long as it's constructive.

And so I ask, would you play either of these games? And if so, what are some things you do and don't like about each. Thanks in advance for your time!

Game #1: SODWA (working title)
Type: Tactical RPG

About: SODWA is a turn-based tactical rpg. The player controls a team of characters as they move around on a grid and attack enemies. The characters possess special abilities that allow them to do any number of things, such as flight, teleportation, summoning lightning, conjuring ice walls, etc. If you've ever played Heroclix, X-Com, or Final Fantasy Tactics, you'll have a good idea of what the game should be like.

Mock-up of SODWA battle screen
The overall design is based on classic Saturday morning cartoons, such as Masters of the Universe, Voltron, TMNT, and G.I. Joe.

Character concept art

You can read more about SODWA here.

------------------------

Game #2: Puzzle Hunters
Type: Match-3 RPG
About: Puzzle Hunters is a combat-oriented match-3 RPG along the lines of Puzzle Quest. The player takes turns with the AI matching tiles to accumulate "ability points" and to make attacks.

Puzzle Hunters battle screen
Like SODWA, the art style and overall design is an homage to those classic Saturday morning cartoons, so much so that I would probably just have both games take place in the same universe if I ever finished them both.

Main character, bounty hunter Vila Kast
You can read more about Puzzle Hunters here.

Thanks again for reading and for any feedback you provide.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
They both look sick to be honest.

I love puzzle games however so I'd definitely give Puzzle Hunters a try. I could also see it doing very well on different systems that involve touch (mobile, psp, Wii U, 3DS etc.)

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'd definitely play the first game if you shored up the visuals, graphics don't have to be intense but plain white terrain is very boring.

Is that the actual line up at the top as well or just placeholders? if that game has got M Bison v Deadpool v Storm Shadow v Ultron v The Shredder, then you can count me down for giving it a try just on principal

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'd definitely play the first game if you shored up the visuals, graphics don't have to be intense but plain white terrain is very boring.

Is that the actual line up at the top as well or just placeholders? if that game has got M Bison v Deadpool v Storm Shadow v Ultron v The Shredder, then you can count me down for giving it a try just on principal
Those are all just placeholders, including that white background. The scarab lady, the ice guy, and the giant robot are our only 3 characters at the moment, though I'll probably just throw in the Puzzle Hunters characters if I decide to finish SODWA first. Thanks for the feedback!

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Those are all just placeholders, including that white background. The scarab lady, the ice guy, and the giant robot are our only 3 characters at the moment, though I'll probably just throw in the Puzzle Hunters characters if I decide to finish SODWA first. Thanks for the feedback!
No worries - just wondering who are the other characters in the placeholders? A few look familiar but I can't place them right now

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
No worries - just wondering who are the other characters in the placeholders? A few look familiar but I can't place them right now
Oh yeah, most are just comic, tv, and videogame characters I like. Most of the SODWA characters will be based on those characters, though. As in, I'll be looking at Shredder and Stormshadow and Ninja Gaiden for ideas for ninja-oriented characters, etc.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What's up all. Sorry I haven't been around much since I stopped playing MK11. However, that has given me time to get back to work on my tactical RPG, SODWA, and this time it looks like it's actually happening. Check out this most recent screenshot from our current build:

That map was thrown together just for testing purposes, but you can still get a very good idea of what the game will look like. Right now we're using some simple placeholder 3d models I bought off the Unity Assets Store while we get the gameplay programmed. I'll be releasing our first gameplay video within the next couple of weeks, and then inviting people to help us test it via closed beta invites.

If you think the game sounds cool, feel free to follow the project on any of these platform, and join my SODWA Discord channel to come hang out with me and my development partner while we work on the game!

Reddit
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube

And if you really want to check out everything SODWA has to offer, here is the link to our GDD.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I dont play RPGs as I suck in them and often dont know what I'm doing lol but congrats on your game dude. Looks like a ton of hardwork