What's new

Would You Consider Returning Heroes for MKX?

Taven and/or Shujinko for MKX?

• Total voters

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm talking about Shujinko and Taven.

And I mean if NRS improves on them with their newfound skills.

Shujinko himself had one of the most interesting stories in all of MK, as well as an awesome presentation of that story, going through his entire life.

He is well and alive around the time of MK9 and X, and can easily be re-introduced. But instead of him having other character's moves, he could use his knowledge of their elements and incorporate them into his variations. Such as a variation focusing on fire, one on ice, and the last on lightning.

He could also serve the role of setting up the next game, due to his accidental involvement in bringing Onaga back.

And then there's Taven, who could be written in as waking up before the plot of MK:A had him (due to certain events being changed and put into order differently) and joining Raiden in the fight for the realms.

Who coincidentally is implied via flashback to have defeated him(as dark Raiden) before he could defeat Blaze, who was then beaten by Shao Kahn, starting the premise of MK9.

With Liu Kang dead and the realms in serious need of a new hero or heroes, as well as the time going up to +25 years after MK9/MKIII (which I'm not sure, but may get into MK:D/MK:DA/MK:A territory, though due to character deaths, things won't play out the same) these two should be around and can definitely be implemented in some way.

And again, I mean if and after NRS revises them to make them more fleshed out and unique than before.

Error Macro

It April yet?
Shujinko was one of the dumbest characters in gaming history. I would be for him returning just for that. He could wander around cluelessly listening to some voice telling him what to do in all his cutscenes.