What's new

Would you be upset if NRS's next game was MKSM2 Instead of MKX?

What would you rather see?

• Mortal Kombat X/II/10

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 2

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Shaolin Monks was a fun experiment.. but Mortal Kombat is a fighting game. I think MK has gone through enough experimentation. I want MK to solidify and start becoming more consistent. NRS struck gold with MK9's formula, now all they have to do is refine it and improve on it.

Do any of you know what over-saturation is? You should, because it's what happened to MK in the late 90's and early 2000. Tons of these lame spin-offs were produced, and it came from video games, TV shows, 2 theatrical movies, that godawful Journey Begins nightmare, live performances, and a damned On Ice special probably happened somewhere. People got tired of all that nonsense.

I fear the same thing is dangerously close to happening AGAIN. Now we have the web series and a planned theatrical reboot with a tie-in game releasing at the same time. Now you guys what to bring back a game from MK's era when, while decent, started to go downhill (arguably way past that point already)? WHY?

As I said, Shaolin Monks was a decent attempt at something different. However it comes from a dark, dark time in MK's history when it almost fucking died off completely. LEAVE IT ALONE. DOES NOBODY ELSE SEE THE PATTERN?! I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS! I JUST WANT MK TO BE A FIGHTING GAME AAAAAGGHHGHHJGl;;;
You are konfusing Lawrence Kasanoff's mk with the official mk. There was an mk on ice show, I've been saying this for years as I remember the tv ad for it but nobody believes me

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Upset? I will be so frustrated I'm gonna burn my ps3. Adventure games lasts for 1 week. You beat the game, it's over. And I want to play with other people not the CPU.

And even if this happens (hope not) why SM2? Haven't we seen enough of Liu Kang and Kung lao? MK has other characters too.
Shaolin monks 2 could feature kai

I don't understand why everyone acts like Shaolin Monks is the greatest MK. It was fun for like a month then it got boring as fuck

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I hope the community knows that a game like MK9 took 2+ years to complete. Meaning, we wont be seeing MK10 until at least early 2015.

I keep hearing about wanting this transition to MK10 already but that wont be anytime soon guys, it's just not how the world works.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
SM2 would be SICK. That was tbh MK's peak point to me, I played the living shit out of that. It had so much stuff to do and the game was a fuckin blast.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
lol at these people saying SM was the height of MK

Story mode would be really cool if it were built in with MKX, the exploration and general awesomeness of an action game with a good fighting game experience as well.

If I had to choose I'd rather have MKX.

PS: Noob would be the protagonist

I feel like I'm the only one who can't wait to see MKX's story mode. I felt really disappointed with Injustice's story and I feel like I wouldn't enjoy an adventure mode of MK nearly as much unless they added in romances and stuff like in Mass Effect. Actually, I would love a Mass Effect type MK game but I still want MKX ASAP

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
SM is cool but I don't think it's going to happen. I could see it after MK10. If they're releasing a game along with the movie it would probably be a fighting game

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
So my choices are incredibly average action game or incredibly average fighting game? Whens injustice 2?
people will say that injustice is a average FG, say how bad it is and praise MK10 like it's perfect when MK10 comes out, samething will happen to MK10 when Injustice 2 comes out.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Does anyone want NRS to remake MKSF? MKSM's gameplay, Jax and Sonya co-op (MKSF susposed to have Sonya), Kabal's secret missions like MKSM Smoke's missions (Kabal susposed to be in the game like Sonya too), guns as weapons instead of blades, swords in MKSM,...

PureYeti

Living in poverty cave
Does anyone want NRS to remake MKSF? MKSM's gameplay, Jax and Sonya co-op (MKSF susposed to have Sonya), Kabal's secret missions like MKSM Smoke's missions (Kabal susposed to be in the game like Sonya too), guns as weapons instead of blades, swords in MKSM,...
I do that will be great. I don't think this time is ready yet

we had mythologies: sub-Zero, Special Forces and Shaolin Monks, 5 chars covered. i dont see them redoing chars. my guess would be

mythologies: scorpion or something involving mileena/kitana/"edenian chronicles". or maybe "the rise of shang tsung", playing as him?

and i wouldnt mind, mkx can still be the next, then inj 2

Sami

Noob
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Freddy Krueger.
To actually answer the OP's question rather than trolling the thread, I wouldn't mind of the game was MKSM2 if they re-released MK9 as a XBone Arcade / PS4N (or whatever they'll be called) game with an updated balance patch.