What's new

Worst video game ending of all time?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
There are a shitload of games out there with bad endings, some worse than others. Whether it be for confusion, or simply a CONGLATURATION! screen, they all suck ass. But which games are among the worst, if not THE worst of the bunch?

For me, it's got to be Ghosts and Goblins on the NES. Not only is the game exceedingly difficult, but after beating, you are told you need to beat it a second time, all the while reading horribly mistranslated Engrish at the same time.

E

Eldriken

Ok, this might upset some people and even though I absolutely fucking love this game, the ending was seriously agitating:

Half Life 2.
Nothing to get upset about. Some games can be absolutely stellar throughout its entirety and be ruined due to the ending. Half-Life 2 is one of my favorite games and I was not impressed with the ending. At all.

Reactions: TKB

TKB

Noob
Nothing to get upset about. Some games can be absolutely stellar throughout its entirety and be ruined due to the ending. Half-Life 2 is one of my favorite games and I was not impressed with the ending. At all.
The game was so fucking epic and amazing and it's getting super climactic and awesome and then...
*game flips me off*
:mad:

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
At least after the extended cut Mass Effect 3 was at least acceptable still disappointing (fuck star child) but as a huge Mass Effect fan I wasn't crying myself to sleep at night anymore.

Now an even more disappointing ending how about Knights of the Old Republic 2 what a load of crap that turned into an even bigger load of crap after that MMO came out. It's even more disappointing because that game introduced the single most interesting most fascinating character in all of Star Wars.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Well I wont say worst, but the ending for Red Dead Redemption confused the shit out of me. That's why I'm replaying it now. Hopefully I'll get a better understanding. Anyone else beat it? What are your thoughts?

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
One of the worst endings for me was God of War ascension. It felt rushed, much like the whole game, and weak. The gameplay, graphics, and overall ruthlessness of being Kratos was still godlike though.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Well I wont say worst, but the ending for Red Dead Redemption confused the shit out of me. That's why I'm replaying it now. Hopefully I'll get a better understanding. Anyone else beat it? What are your thoughts?
SPOILERS What's your problem with it? Because I don't understand what you would be confused about. It's not like it was a mindfuck Bioshock or Inception type of ending. The police wanted to tie up all loose ends and Marston realized they would not stop hunting him and his family so he gave his life so his family could live in peace

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm glad to see people recognize that POST DLC for ME3 was actually pretty good.

But for me, Dead Island and Assassin's Creed 2....that final boss fought was absolutely terrible in AC2.
I remember thinking the last guy in Dead Island would be a real tough battle... I used my rage meter or whatever you call it to take out Sam B's brass knuckles and proceeded to punch the guy off the side of the building. Entire encounter probably took around 15 seconds, I was disappointed to say the least

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
There are a shitload of games out there with bad endings, some worse than others. Whether it be for confusion, or simply a CONGLATURATION! screen, they all suck ass. But which games are among the worst, if not THE worst of the bunch?

For me, it's got to be Ghosts and Goblins on the NES. Not only is the game exceedingly difficult, but after beating, you are told you need to beat it a second time, all the while reading horribly mistranslated Engrish at the same time.
I was going to say either GnG or 1942 (NES) ... the ending after grueling hours of repetitiveness in that shooter granted you text over the screen that said only "CONGRATULATION" ... I was very disappointed lol

Element_

The First Element
Dungeon Siege 3 has a poor ending.....but my worst was probably Hitman Blood money ! Loved the game but horrible end.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Halo 2.

Shits about to go down? Geared up for the big fight?

"Finishing this fight" fade to black.... well hello anti-climax my old friend.

Reactions: TKB

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
SPOILERS What's your problem with it? Because I don't understand what you would be confused about. It's not like it was a mindfuck Bioshock or Inception type of ending. The police wanted to tie up all loose ends and Marston realized they would not stop hunting him and his family so he gave his life so his family could live in peace
That and the fact that the son had to go find the man years later, but it was no waypoint on the map to get to the man. I felt like as a player I was left in the dark. I dont even remember how I found him honestly.