What's new

Worst Fatality in MK9?

BKclover

Noob
We've had it long enough, pray tell what is the worst fatality of MK9?

I think I'll go for Kratos' medusa one. I mean its just Sub-Zero's freeze fatality from the SNES version of MK1 and I'm sure would make it into MK vs DC.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
I think both of Mileena's fatalities are pretty bland and uninspired. Especially the one where she rips their torso off.

We've had it long enough, pray tell what is the worst fatality of MK9?

I think I'll go for Kratos' medusa one. I mean its just Sub-Zero's freeze fatality from the SNES version of MK1 and I'm sure would make it into MK vs DC.
I THINK YOU MEAN MKII. MY MOST HATED FATALITY IN MK9 (NOT THAT THERE ARE MANY) IS KRATOS' MEDUSA FATALITY AS WELL.​

My favorite of all time: Sub Zeros Spine Rip
My favorites For MK 2011: Quan Chi's Leg Beat Down , Sektors Scarecrow, Kung Laos Blade On tHe ground cut in half , Nobb saibots twin shadow pulled in half one. shang tsungs joker fatality

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
Both of Mileena's fatalities.

Not only are they dull, but they're way too long.
Now that I think about it, I don't think Mileena has ever had a really good fatality

Shang's 2nd is the worst, though, because it straight up re-uses assets from an earlier game. Maybe they intend it to be a funny reference to that game or whatever, but at the end of the day laziness with an excuse is still laziness.

oh god so many to choose from. i would say CSZ's ninja star one...it's so random and doesn't fit the character, and it looks dumb as fuck.

then the runner ups would be...
shang tsungs "bang bang"...has nothing to do with MK and not fitting to his persona.
rain's 2nd, it doesnt even make sense with rain, there is so much shit they could have done with him...but water magically breaking his legs from the knees down then a water sword? really? ....really!? lightning and water could have been a great combo for his 2nd.
smoke's, where he phases through you...dumb.

for the most part the majority of the cast has cool, appropriate to character, gruesome fatalities.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I like all the fatalities in the game and they are all great but the one I don't like at all is Sub Zero's one. It funny he grabs the skull and your spine out of you
yet you still see as if he has a skull and spine attached still pretty funny lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sheeva's arm rip fatality. That shit isn't even instant death like a FATALITY should be lol
WTF?! Sheeva's arm rip fatal is the best one in the game! She fucking claps with the dead arms... that is 10x better than Quan Chi's leg beatdown lol

The absolute worst is Sonya's Cable Decap one... so damn fake looking.

I think a dehydration fatality would have been pretty brutal. Sucking all the water from their body and leaving a shriveled mummy.
yeah definitely, that actually sounds cool as hell, and very original...i can picture it now: screen goes dark, rain starts a motion like he does in his victory stance where he pulls moisture from the air, but instead of the air he starts sucking the water right out of you until you are a shriveled corpse...

awesome idea, should be mentioned to boon and NRS for mk10 ;)

but that still leaves the other shitty ones open...

Shang Tsung: get rid of the clown, bring back the ground spikes
Smoke: ideas?

WTF?! Sheeva's arm rip fatal is the best one in the game! She fucking claps with the dead arms... that is 10x better than Quan Chi's leg beatdown lol
i think best in the game goes to sektor's Scarecrow, that's pretty sweet...or noob's wishbone...or kenshi's split decision...or maybe even kung lao's ground hat split one...

Sasuga

Noob
Sheeva's arm clap is pretty good, as is Quan Chi's leg beatdown. I also like the Sektor's Scarecrow and Scorpion's portal fatality.

The worst one goes to: and the winner is... no i'm not dramatically announcing it, I'm actually mean that stupid Cage fatality.

That 2nd Rain fatality slightly pissed me off... he can make a water sword but during combat he does that squirtle move...? Which doesn´t look painfull at all.

fooloo

Noob
i honestly think they couldve been more creative with the fatalities in the game. with kratos i was thinking that he summons a huge titan like the one in the back of the kratos stage and the titan crushes them. something simple like that but badass

D_W

The Could-Have-Been King
Sonya's Leg split one is just awful. Maybe if she pierced through their torso it would be cool, but right now it's just boring.

Sheeva's arm clap one is one of my favorites, but Johnny's Award one is by far my absolute favorite. Smoke's 2nd fatality is also really cool, I just wish Smoke players knew how to do it. hah

King

Sig Maker
The worst fatalities are Mileena's, Shang Tsung's, and Cyrax's; they all look pretty dumb and not too brutal compared to others.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Cyraxes two fatalities when compared. One has him cutting you up into several distinct pieces from far away and one up close. If his fatalities had different outcomes I would be happier.